It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration says people would be exposed to increased risk if gas prices were lowered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
BRING BACK GAS GUZZLERS!!!

BIG OIL NEEDS THE MONEY!

Automakers, state officials, environmentalists and federal regulators had agreed in 2012 to increase vehicle efficiency to an average 34.5 mpg by 2016 across the fleet of American cars and trucks, with the standard then slated to rise yearly until it hits 54.5 mpg by the end of 2025.

EPA is expected to make a joint announcement with the Department of Transportation offering alternatives to the scheduled fuel-efficiency standards. The decision will revisit mpg standards set to kick in after 2021 and won't affect fuel efficiency increases already being phased in over the next three years.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

On the contrary--I think that he's just unstable enough to tell agencies to do this

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm trying to find from whose keyboard or mouth this came, these words of brilliance and caring.

Does anybody know? Everything I've seen says "The Trump Administration said...."

But from above, 54.5 mpg would have been awesome. Maybe something will happen to stop their sinister plans.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Is it because they suck donkey balls or is it because rich, pretentious people buy the lion’s share of these cars? The income effect seems to be the biggest factor in how much of a rebound occurs.

Rebound Effect — Effects of Fuel Economy on Driving Preferences

At any rate, nice take(s)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What an effing moron. Screw Trump, we need to impeach him for stupidity.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Yes in fact it is safer than steel.

Read up on crumple zones and how shock waves affect the human body.
auto.howstuffworks.com...

I put this to the test in real life once.

My all steel 1988 buick century hit the back of a new aluminum 2013 audi.

Totaled my car. The entire front was ripped into shreds.

The audi had it's bumper crushed in and that was all.

A body that crushes is safer for the soft human than a body that doesn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Better gas mileage = being able to drive further on less money.

Driving further on less money = more freedom.

I pick freedom over safety any day.

Sounds to me like someone doesn't like americans being able to drive around as freely as we do now.
edit on 1-8-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Edit: sorry read it wrong
edit on 1/8/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The thread title is the original title in the article, except compacted due to length.

..And nobody is trying to take your big truck away.

edit on 8/1/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
ops I somehow replied in the wrong thread...
edit on 1-8-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think this is good.

US automakers struggle against imported vehicles especially with smaller fuel efficient cars.

Let Japan and Europe regulate their autosector down to vehicles that are no longer desirable in the US market.

The safety angle is a little weak. Heavy vehicles are usually what i see rolled over in the ditch on winter mointain passes. Ive always felt more in control in a little front wheel drive and can avoid a crash easier but i enjoy the drive and comfort of a large vehicle which is what i look for when i purchase a vehicle.

Ford and Chrysler are moving away from sedans and hatchbacks due to lack of sales and concentrating on their larger vehicles that sell better so it makes sense to deregulate that for tge good of the US autosector.

Thats my opinion anyway

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I find this interesting because I remember reading an article awhile back where GM? said that they basically will not be developing any new coupes, among others.

Basically said they expect ~90% of new vehicles sold will all be variations on 'crossover' SUV type vehicles. You can already see this happening on the road depending on your locale imo.

And that regular cars as we see them today, coupes and sedans, will be pretty much only a small niche market along with sports cars, pickups, etc.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I don't agree with Trump on this issue. But I will still vote for him in 2020 because I agree with him on more issues than not.

Nobody is perfect.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: angeldoll

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration says people would drive more and be exposed to increased risk if their cars get better gas mileage, an argument intended to justify freezing Obama-era toughening of fuel standards.

The Trump administration gave notice earlier this year that it would roll back tough new fuel standards put into place in the waning days of the Obama administration. Anticipating the new regulation, California and 16 other states sued the Trump administration in May.

www.nytimes.com...

I really don't quite know what to say about this.

LOL! is about all I can muster.

My liberal college was a big fan of $5 plus gas prices per gallon to curb gas use. You don't want it now?

Maybe now, because Trump said it, my school is against it.

I never complain about gas. It's extracted from the ground and refined, but still cheaper than a gallon of milk most places. F$#king hypocrits.

I thought you all had electric cars so you could burn coal instead of gas anyway?

Is gas cheaper than milk per gallon??? Depends (as qualified by your “most places”), but is it a result of pure supply and demand?? I doubt it, highly...particularly given the artical quotas on domestic milk and the 8 figure subsidies to the O&G Industry.

But I bet your liberal college has the answers; why else wood all those pretentious, upper middle-class professors be sporting their latest LEV/Electric/Hybrid whips?

Your f$cking hyprocrite college. Or was it the student?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration says people would drive more and be exposed to increased risk if their cars get better gas mileage, an argument intended to justify freezing Obama-era toughening of fuel standards.

The Trump administration gave notice earlier this year that it would roll back tough new fuel standards put into place in the waning days of the Obama administration. Anticipating the new regulation, California and 16 other states sued the Trump administration in May.

www.nytimes.com...

I really don't quite know what to say about this.

LOL! is about all I can muster.

My liberal college was a big fan of $5 plus gas prices per gallon to curb gas use. You don't want it now?

Maybe now, because Trump said it, my school is against it.

I never complain about gas. It's extracted from the ground and refined, but still cheaper than a gallon of milk most places. F$#king hypocrits.

I thought you all had electric cars so you could burn coal instead of gas anyway?

So they will complain if the gas is to high, and they complain about tax breaks. I actually think they don't even know what the hell they want, except for Trump to be gone. lol. It is quiet comical really. I haven't laughed at the opposition of a President quiet like I have this one.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

. I haven't laughed at the opposition of a President quiet like I have this one.

It's quite.

"Quite like I have this one".

Quiet means shhhhh. Be silent.

fyi

edit on 8/2/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

. I haven't laughed at the opposition of a President quiet like I have this one.

It's quite.

fyi

Thats taking liberal nazism to a whole new level.

Ffs

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It's quite.

fyi

lol. and yet you understood me. my spelling sucks, as does the rest of my english skills.

edit on 2-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join