It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Stop Mueller probe 'right now'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: toysforadults
It doesnt look bad at all. End this total waste of time and energy already.

Ita a joke and anybody who believes there was collusion which isnt even a crime without a single bit of evidence has an intellectual vacuum as a mind.

Alright let's update Mueller with your assessment. We can tell him his 35 indictments, 5 GUILTY pleas and a new trial that just started are nothing and he made a mistake -- says an ATS member who loves Trump.

Maybe it will work.

Please point out to me the guilty plea that had anything to do with the scope of the investigation.

You know... Russian collusion.

Asking for a friend..

Also, please point out to me which trial Mueller is handling. Not just referring to some other court because it does not fall within the scope of his actual investigation.

Tell your friend all guilty pleas are related to the Mueller investigation, what else would they be related to? Your friend should wake up or you should help him/her out and educate them a bit.

Also, are you under the impression Mueller is going to be the trial attorney for all these indictments? He's going to clone himself? Do you know how big this team is and how many federal employees were assigned to this?

I'm guessing you'll say that of course you do, so I won't provide you with that info, since you know.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
...and the cats keep chasing the laser pointer.

You'd think sooner or later they'd learn to not take the bait.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Do you know how big this team is and how many federal employees were assigned to this?

oh wow
and all they have accomplished is plea deals to process crimes and indictments against russian nationals that will never see the inside of a united states courtroom?
what a resounding success!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Do you know how big this team is and how many federal employees were assigned to this?

oh wow
and all they have accomplished is plea deals to process crimes and indictments against russian nationals that will never see the inside of a united states courtroom?

Did someone say the investigation was over today? Hang tight, this isn't over, in fact it seems to be just the beginning.

You excited to drain the swamp?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's the entire "tweet storm" for context.

“FBI Agent Peter Strzok (on the Mueller team) should have recused himself on day one. He was out to STOP THE ELECTION OF DONALD TRUMP. He needed an insurance policy. Those are illegal, improper goals, trying to influence the Election. He should never, ever been allowed to........

....remain in the FBI while he himself was being investigated. This is a real issue. It won’t go into a Mueller Report because Mueller is going to protect these guys. Mueller has an interest in creating the illusion of objectivity around his investigation.” ALAN DERSHOWITZ....

..This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!

He isn't telling Sessions to "Stop Mueller probe 'right now'". Trump's argument is that this is a rigged witch hunt, and "Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA", a point which is again avoided in favour of quote mining.
edit on 1|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

oh wow

Did someone say the investigation was over today? Hang tight, this isn't over, in fact it seems to be just the beginning.

You are so adorable...
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Now, there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Can you link me to a post where I cared aboyt Benghazi?

Really. I dont care. Its obvious as day our leadership is totally incompetent and corrupt regardless of their party affiliation.

You guys are putting in overtime to push the right vs left narratives

Very suspect.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

You're absolutely right... Trump did not tell Sessions "to stop" this investigation now, he told him "he should stop it now".

Mueller and his team know the law better than we do, they'll be able to tell if that one extra word means no obstruction. I can see how having "should" in there makes it into an opinion and not an order, but it will be interesting to see if the law makes a distinction.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You're absolutely right... Trump did not tell Sessions "to stop" this investigation now, he told him "he should stop it now".

Mueller and his team know the law better than we do, they'll be able to tell if that one extra word means no obstruction. I can see how having "should" in there makes it into an opinion and not an order, but it will be interesting to see if the law makes a distinction.

Your honesty is a breath of fresh air.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Honestly I stopped caring about it and just think it is nothing but noise now. I'm waiting for the end result.

An yet here you are in this thread, not caring about the noise....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

oh wow

You are so adorable...
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Now, there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election.

Awww thanks, is this the right time to call you honest?

What do you want me to do with that February article? I'm pretty sure I read it 6 months ago. Need an update on everything that's happened in the last 6 months?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Are there "other" russians that committed similar crimes that american citizens colluded with?

We are talking about the same mueller investigation into collusion with russians to interfere with the 2016 presidential election?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Wait...are people implying this is obstruction of justice?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the context. I don't think it takes everything away from what he said though.

Whether my boss tells me "I should do something" or "do this now", one is just a more polite version of the other... Especially when a boss has a history of getting rid of those who don't play ball.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

I'm not, but I think it would be safe to say some are (though it's not so long as he doesn't act on it).

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Are there "other" russians that committed similar crimes that american citizens colluded with?

We are talking about the same mueller investigation into collusion with russians to interfere with the 2016 presidential election?

Are there?

I'm pretty sure we're watching the same investigation unravel. We shall see. Or are you saying you have insider information? Or are you asking me if I have insider information?

I do not, I suggest we watch how this happens and stick to current news, not outdated information from the beginning of the year.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

only people who believe msnbc

thehill.com...

It’s time to stop the nonsense. Stretching and contorting obstruction law in a desperate attempt to justify impeachment is a political ploy, not a serious legal argument.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

"Should" effectively makes it an opinion.

OP is click bait title.....doesn't mention the word "should".
edit on R142018-08-01T14:14:43-05:00k148Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm not, but I think it would be safe to say some are (though it's not so long as he doesn't act on it).

And it is that sort of context in which Trump may have attempted to obstruct justice when he acted out through firing Comey.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

It seems many in the MSM are parroting Adam Schiff and the DNC playbook:

"The President of the United States just called on his Attorney General to put an end to an investigation in which the President, his family and campaign may be implicated.

This is an attempt to obstruct justice hiding in plain sight. America must never accept it."

twitter.com...

Crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join