It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Stop Mueller probe 'right now'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, this could be a bad move with only months away from the results of the investigation.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to end Robert Mueller's Russia probe immediately, escalating his attacks on the inquiry.

Trump's tweet came before the trial of ex-campaign chief Paul Manafort entered its second day in federal court in Virginia. Manafort is being tried by Mueller's team.

The White House did not respond to a request to elaborate on the president's remarks. The office of the special counsel and the Department of Justice declined to comment.

CNBC

This may be where the rhetoric really bites back IMO. I wonder what prompted Trump to make this public statement right now and show his cards to everyone.

That said, this looks to be all talk at the moment per Giuliani.

The president's lawyer Rudy Giuliani said in a statement to NBC News Wednesday afternoon that the president "was expressing his opinion" and that "no Presidential order was issued or will be."

edit on 1-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm hoping it's months, it looks to be speeding up but who knows... some big stuff may come out in the next few months and solidify the investigation and then it can go on for years after that, as they normally would. This is REALLY fast if it ends this year.

We just haven't seen opposition and attempts to end one like this, since Nixon, so it would be prudent for the team to produce something big in the fall and then continue.

It looks like they will though, the President is getting extremely concerned and has been trying to come up with anything he can to end it. And he'll continue making up reasons to end it, try to rile up his voter base with lies in order to end it or keep trying to find allies in the House or Senate to end it through them -- it won't work, it just makes him look like he's hiding things.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
''As per Giuliani''

Is this guy not totally discredited yet? His recent statements about Cohen which perfectly contradict his earlier statements about Cohen should have put the nail in his coffin as a reliable source by now.

I need to wonder also as Trump's insistence on ''shutting down the government'' if he doesn't get the wall might that also be seen as a ''bad move'' by many Republicans as would that not delay the conformation hearings of his pick for the new scotus?
edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 12:46:43 -0500Wed, 01 Aug 2018 12:46:43 -050018082018-08-01T12:46:43-05:001200000046 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kharron

It looks like they will though, the President is getting extremely concerned and has been trying to come up with anything he can to end it. And he'll continue making up reasons to end it, try to rile up his voter base with lies in order to end it or keep trying to find allies in the House or Senate to end it through them -- it won't work, it just makes him look like he's hiding things.

I'll admit it looks bad, or that he is hiding something.

I just wonder what made this come up today, maybe something with Manafort?

All indications prior to today looked like there was no criminal investigation into Trump himself, which doesn't mean impeachment can't happen.

I guess we will all find out in time.

I don't have a dog in the fight though, so long as the DOJ does their job for once. Let the guilty pay for their crimes who ever they may be.

And let the innocent go without wasting our money.

link   
Yup this must mean Trump will be impeached. All this evidence, all the Russia collusion. This is very damaging stuff here omg.

Trump is a goner. /yawn.

I can't to see the end result of this one and the impending meltdown to ensue when this investigation was promised to bring down Trump.
Feel the Bern

Hahahahaha
edit on 1-8-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Is this guy not totally discredited yet? His recent statements about Cohen which perfectly contradict his earlier statements about Cohen should have put the nail in his coffin as a reliable source by now.

Hence why I said looks like at the moment.

We will see. I try not to speak definitively without facts.... I know that's kind of weird about this topic recently, just my style.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Yup this must mean Trump will be impeached. All this evidence, all the Russia collusion. This is very damaging stuff here omg.

Trump is a goner. /yawn.

I can't to see the end result of this one and the impending meltdown to ensue when this investigation was promised to bring down Trump.
Feel the Bern

Hahahahaha

No one ever said that, but you don't think this is odd or interesting?

Again, I don't have a dog in the fight or a predisposition as I don't know the real details on the matter.

Curious is all.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It doesnt look bad at all. End this total waste of time and energy already.

Ita a joke and anybody who believes there was collusion which isnt even a crime without a single bit of evidence has an intellectual vacuum as a mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Ita a joke and anybody who believes there was collusion which isnt even a crime without a single bit of evidence has an intellectual vacuum as a mind.

Why end it? If there is nothing let the people see so this can stop being a distraction on other important matters.

link   

The thing he does not realize is that even if he was not personally involved in any collusion one on one, these attempts and the one today especially can clearly be seen as obstruction of justice. He is not smart enough to realize that and will just get himself in trouble anyway, even if he was clean to begin with.

However, more than anything, this makes me think that if he is willing to go to such lengths with obstruction, and not just sit back and observe this from the sidelines as he should, the desperation could very well mean involvement.

If he knew then it will qualify as conspiracy -- not collusion. Collusion is not a crime, that's the fancy name we use to discuss it -- conspiracy is a crime. Aiding and abetting is a crime.

link   
Trump may very well be a goner.

There still playing word games and the new one is conspiracy.

www.bloombergquint.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Alright let's update Mueller with your assessment. We can tell him his 35 indictments, 5 GUILTY pleas and a new trial that just started are nothing and he made a mistake -- says an ATS member who loves Trump.

Maybe it will work.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

He's just getting ahead of what's going to happen.

Which is going to be that Mueller and Co. are going to wrap this up a month or so before election day this year.

They will conclude that there isn't enough actual evidence to pin on Trump, then will write a 700 page report full of enough could-be's, appears-likes and innuendo to give the media enough ammo to push a massive campaign against anything Trump in hopes of changing the course of the midterms.

All Trump and Giuliani are doing is setting up for this. Hell, the Trump team is already writing thier version of the report.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

mashable.com...
So again tell me how this day is unlike any other?
It appears to me he has once again baited a hook and thrown it in the water to see what pops up.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump may very well be a goner.

There still playing word games and the new one is conspiracy.

www.bloombergquint.com...

I doubt anything of legal nature will come down the pipeline.

I doubt he gets impeached.

But I fail to see how this would be a smart move.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Alright let's update Mueller with your assessment. We can tell him his 35 indictments, 5 GUILTY pleas and a new trial that just started are nothing and he made a mistake -- says an ATS member who loves Trump.

Maybe it will work.

Please point out to me the guilty plea that had anything to do with the scope of the investigation.

You know... Russian collusion.

Asking for a friend..

Also, please point out to me which trial Mueller is handling. Not just referring to some other court because it does not fall within the scope of his actual investigation.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I wonder what prompted Trump to make this public statement right now and show his cards to everyone.

Trump certainly seems to be growing increasingly frantic about something.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Honestly I stopped caring about it and just think it is nothing but noise now. I'm waiting for the end result.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Meanwhile, I’m sure you held similar opinions when Republicans investigated Clinton for Benghazi? You know, like the seven separate investigations that cost tax payers millions upon millions of dollars that amounted to squat!

You must be so blind, willfully ignorant, or just stupid to think this has all been a waste of time. Clearly Trump is nervous and firing off the hip via Twitter. Your orange buffoon God Emperor is going down in flames and I can’t wait to say I TOLD YOU SO!

But I’m sure when he is taken down many of his supporters will cry foul and perhaps take part in any and all action they deem fit.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Perhaps Trump knows that something is about to happen that will not be good for him or the narrative he has created for his supporters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join