It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail As Court Orders Retrial

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I'll never endorse jailing someone just because I don't support their worldview.

I don't think anybody would but that isn't what he was jailed for.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I know exactly what he's jailed for I guess I have a problem accepting his crime because it's not a crime in the US. Either way my position stands

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I only want to have to say this once in this thread, so I hope everyone is reading, digesting and comprehending all posts fully, before commenting further.

Tommy Robinson was NOT jailed for having a particular world view. He was jailed for contempt of court, having been instructed by a judge that because his activities could very well prejudice juries in the trial he had previously attended, and others besides, that he was not to attend or engage in his faux journalism in that manner again, else he would go to jail for contempt. He already had a suspended sentence relating to prior activity of this type, so he knew it was breaking the law, and did it anyway.

Furthermore, you responded to another poster with some garbage about how you feel about that law as an American. Well, given that in your country, it is legal for a whole host of BS to be put into your food, into your air, into your water, given that it is POSSIBLE for LEAD to end up in your bodies as a result of failures of infrastructure, without anyone going to jail, lets not pretend that your country has a legal system worth pissing on, leave alone respecting, eh?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's been stated a few times.

Seems we can scream it from the rooftops, yet no matter the charge of contempt of court, it's somehow ok for Tommy to chant his racist anti-Muslim xenophobic rhetoric in direct breach of previous court order, because it's his opinion or worldview.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Good for him and hope his good deeds are followed ten fold.

Something very weird is going on.

In America the president wants these people gone, the citizens chant build the wall, the statistics show murder and crime go up, they ignore over population, they ignore lack of jobs.

Who has the power to motivate these people and push them into these countries. It's very strategic

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

"Good for him and hope his good deeds are followed ten fold."

Which good deeds are those?

"In America the president wants these people gone, the citizens chant build the wall, the statistics show murder and crime go up, they ignore over population, they ignore lack of jobs."

In America, the POTUS is an idiot who bumps his gums without considering the consequence, funnily enough, just like Robinson does. We don't have a problem with overpopulation in the UK, quite the opposite in some areas, and neither does America, but the indigenous population sure did when our respective ancestors landed on the shores of the continent, that's a given.

Which countries and what people do you refer to? The only thing strategic about the whole debacle is our respective nations air strikes.

A little hint, if we bomb them they will come.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

We may have some strange contempt of court laws that can be perceived as rather draconian but so does the US!

And if memory serves, our courts and judicial procedure don't get up to the madness and crap that transpires in the US courts of law in this day of age.

www.independent.co.uk...

Seems to me that you lot gag people for contempt of court never mind charge them with the criminal act of such.

edit on 3-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TrueBrit

One has to wonder, if he was a brown fellow, screaming about ISIS or the like, outside a court of law, under similar circumstance, whether or not he would have been arrested in the first place.

My guess is probably not.

FTFY.

He would have probably been given police protection.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just as well he failed to get into the European Parliament then. 2 years in prison.

I'm pretty sure Tommy will cope well enough. My money is on him getting his arsehole punched within 2 months.

Tommy Robinson faces up to two years in prison after judges rule him in contempt of court

edit on 5-7-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join