It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail As Court Orders Retrial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Words

The US has no such laws and the court has not lost authority nor is the rule of law undermined.

So if you do something and the court tells you not to do it again there's no comeback if you do it again ?
Sounds odd to me.

Seems you do have such a law.
www.justice.gov...

A person may be held in contempt for many different reasons. Some of the most common reasons include: failing to obey an order of the court (as long as that order was lawful),

Once a person is found to be guilty of contempt of court, he or she may face a fine, jail time, or another penalty.
www.rotlaw.com...

edit on 1-8-2018 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Words

Hang on what is the percentage of your population that's incarcerated?

And what percentage of such are of the brown and black variety rather than white?

If there is no chaos then why all the xenophobia and big walls to keep out the undesirables, nevermind why so many people in the gaol?

Seems to me there is plenty of chaos to go around on both sides of the pond.

edit on 1-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hmmm... I only responded to your words...

The guy is a racist loon, gaol was the best place for him imho.

But good to know you don't think folks should be jailed for being racist and/or stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, freedom of speech is there to protect the moronic buffoons of our respective societies as well as the rest of us.

But there are limits to what we can tolerate whilst still being able to uphold the rule of law.

Hence the reason why laws such as contempt of court exist.

And hence the reason there will still be a retrial i imagine.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Tommy Robinson is a knobhead and appeals to mans basest emotions.
Any idiot can do that.

His actions are repeatedly an embarrassment.
He has set himself up as some sort of people's spokesperson yet lacks the charisma or intelligence to challenge those people who are in positions of power and responsibility.

His was a very poor publicity stunt which could have acquitted nonces - that is unforgiveable.

He would have been better to wait for the trial to finish then publicise MSM lack of subsequent accurate reporting then get the actual facts and figures relating to these sort of crimes and publicise them in a calm yet commanding manner at every LEGAL opportunity.

Fakes like Tommy Robinson have never changed anything and have never been instigators of change.

edit on 1/8/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, freedom of speech is there to protect the moronic buffoons of our respective societies as well as the rest of us.

No. Freedom of speech is "there" because we have the autonomous ability to express ourselves via words produced by our vocal cords... it is a right -- an inalienable natural right -- because we are completely capable of doing it for ourselves by ourselves with no help from anyone. Our freedom of speech was granted by our Creator... not man.

But there are limits to what we can tolerate whilst still being able to uphold the rule of law.

What a frickin word salad. And no. There may be limits to what we choose to tolerate, but that's not necessarily the limits of what we can tolerate.

Hence the reason why laws such as contempt of court exist.

No. Contempt of court laws exist to maintain the power and control of the masters over the rest of us. Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thoughts with ya Tommy, you're a voice of reason in an otherwise noisy world.

my 2c.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Our freedom of speech was granted by our Creator... not man."

By that logic, your creator, also put people like Robinson in our midst.

If that's not taking the proverbial vagina i don't know what is.

Laws are made by people, not God, the fact is that particular dude cannot even comprise a book by himself and required his alleged creations to do his work for him.

Robinson has contempt not only for our courts but also his fellow Man.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Tommy Robinson is a knobhead and appeals to mans basest emotions.
Any idiot can do that.

Apparently, that goes both ways...

His actions are repeatedly an embarrassment.

Subjective... not objective. I'm betting those girls who were brutalized and sexualized and otherwise abused see it a little differently. But hey -- not YOUR problem, eh?

He has set himself up as some sort of people's spokesperson yet lacks the charisma or intelligence to challenge those people who are in positions of power and responsibility.

LOL!!! That's just too funny!

Apparently he has enough charisma and intelligence to get loads of people to yell from the rooftops for his release... and apparently he has enough intelligence to challenge the authorities enough to be thrown in jail by one of those people in a position of power and responsibility!

His was a very poor publicity stunt which could have acquitted nonces - that is unforgiveable.

Yeah, um hum, right... because the people are just so stoopid they can't judge the evidence and the facts. Yeah. That's it.

Fakes like Tommy Robinson have never changed anything and have never been instigators of change.

Funny... that's what Tommy's saying about the authorities... and since the authorities in question have all the power, not Tommy, and since the authorities have failed to change the grooming gangs activities, I'm more inclined to believe Tommy.

See? The facts are the facts. Easy peasy.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Whats funny to me is people who entertain the notion of invisible omnipotent men in the sky dictation our every action whilst promoting the notion of free speech.

Fact is Robinsons a racist, which is easy peasy to establish for anyone with an eye to see.

Fact is some people refuse to see the forest for the trees.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

"Our freedom of speech was granted by our Creator... not man."

Yup! It wasn't an act of Parliament that gave us speech... it wasn't a laboratory experiment... it wasn't a big manufacturing corporation... we were born with that ability.

By that logic, your creator, also put people like Robinson in our midst.

That would be "our" Creator.

If that's not taking the proverbial vagina i don't know what is.

Oh dear Lord...

Laws are made by people, not God...

Really? "People" created the laws of physics? Wow.

the fact is that particular dude cannot even comprise...

Um... "comprise" doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.

...a book by himself and required his alleged creations to do his work for him.

That makes no sense. His "alleged creations"? And what exactly would those "creations" be?

Robinson has contempt not only for our courts but also his fellow Man.

If the courts aren't doing their job, then contempt is appropriate. They have all the power to prove them wrong... if they can.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Whats funny to me is people who entertain the notion of invisible omnipotent men in the sky dictation our every action whilst promoting the notion of free speech.

Now I'm rolling on the floor!!! So you are going to mock and ridicule faith in an omnipotent being by claiming to be omnipotent and omniscient... YOU know and see everything so YOU know and see there is no God... except yourself of course, the true omnipotent and omniscient one... The "Church of Me."

LOL! Hahaha! Teeheehee!!!

Fact is Robinsons a racist, which is easy peasy to establish for anyone with an eye to see.

Fact, huh? You know Robinson's heart and mind? Of course you do! YOU are the omniscient and omnipotent one. (And now I totally understand why you think jurors are too stoopid to judge the facts of a case...)

Fact is some people refuse to see the forest for the trees.

Indeed

edit on 1-8-2018 by Boadicea because: spelling

edit on 1-8-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

No we are not born with the ability of free speech. LoL

We learn language and communication just like we learn to walk.

Same with morality and ethics.

All of which are very human constructs and have nothing to do with God.

Monkey see monkey do really.

Look mate you cannot have predestination and play whilst still screaming on about free will and speech they are simply diametrically opposed to one another.

God did not write your Bible that was Man, fact!

The courts were indeed doing their job, quite well for once, hence the reason there will still be a retrial, and keep in mind he has already admitted his guilt.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

"Now I'm rolling on the floor!!!"

Stop reading the Bible then it's just far too hilarious to remain upright.
x

God gave us nothing never mind free speech, else show me one iota of proof?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No we are not born with the ability of free speech. LoL

Yes, we are. We have to develop that ability, just like anything and everything else, but the ability is born within us. (At least most of us).

We learn language and communication just like we learn to walk.

Yup. But the ability is there... or we could never learn to do so.

Same with morality and ethics.

All of which are very human constructs and have nothing to do with God.

Teeheehee

Monkey see monkey do really.

Okay...

Look mate you cannot have predestination and play whilst still screaming on about free will and speech they are simply diametrically opposed to one another.

Huh??? Now you're just making stuff up.

God did not write your Bible that was Man, fact!

Yup.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"Now I'm rolling on the floor!!!"

Stop reading the Bible then it's just far too hilarious to remain upright.
x

God gave us nothing never mind free speech, else show me one iota of proof?

Awwww... come on... you're the omnipotent and omniscient one... where did your ability to have this discussion with me come from? Did you buy it at the store? Did you steal it from the bum on the corner? Did you create it in your bathroom lab?

Where did your ability to have this discussion come from?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No im stating facts, its the stuff in the Bible that's made up.

Predestination and Freewill are not compatible, nothing made up about that, its logical reasoning really.

But nevermind im sure your God will sort Robinson out at some point. LoL

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

"Where did your ability to have this discussion come from?"

Not God, thats a given. x

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
hahaha ...the usual suspects will be here shortly....oh wait they are here. Good on Tommy, getting a retrial

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

But nevermind im sure your God will sort Robinson out at some point. LoL

Yeah, it would be a real shocker if God decided to intervene and make it happen just to spite your imperfect logic of how you think the world works... I hope he does.
edit on 1-8-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join