It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of crimes that should ignored because you have a kid.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So, how does it make you feel that the acts are being done to drive a message home to future prospective trespassers back in their homelands? The illegal trespassers are simply being used as pawns, with the hopes that it makes others think twice about the journey.

The plan is to monitor the ingress of illegals from the point of now as it's an almost certainty that word of past travels is being sent back to these country's. If the mass of trespassers lessens it will equate to the separation tactics to be successful. If the mass of trespassers grows it will equate to its ineffectiveness.

I am not saying I agree with it or not, but there is a far bigger motive to separating parents and children than meets the eye and or media. I do agree that it may be a bit to be practicing cognitive dissonance to look past the atrocities U.S. children face on a daily basis all while being overly full of empathy for children being forced to trespass into a foreign country.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: artnut

Again, what about the children that are already going through this situation in this country? Where is the press? Answer the question? Why are they more important?

Your thinking is ill.

It is not an either or choice.

We can both show humanity to brown children and white children alike.

How does the media think? Are they ill?

Why won't you answer my questions? Sounds like you have no empathy. By the way, how do you know my neice isn't brown?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

I do agree that it may be a bit to be practicing cognitive dissonance to look past the atrocities U.S. children face on a daily basis all while being overly full of empathy for children being forced to trespass into a foreign country.

That is fallacious logic at best and malformed cognitive center at worst.

Do people running for breast care awareness not think colon cancer matters?

Do people working for colon cancer awareness advocate for people to get breast cancer?

How about the United States of America doesn't rip innocent children from their parents and incarcerate and traumatize them?

We can also fight for children here at home.

It isn't an either or choice. That is just an idiotic paradigm to argue.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Again, what about the children that are already going through this situation in this country? Where is the press? Answer the question? Why are they more important?

Your thinking is ill.

Why won't you answer my questions? Sounds like you have no empathy. By the way, how do you know my neice isn't brown?

I don't care what color your niece is. I think the fact you are on a forum cheering for innocent children to be stripped from their parents and incarcerated speaks to LOUDLY to your lack of suitability to care for children. You lack the necessary empathy.

edit on 1-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So, how does it make you feel that the acts are being done to drive a message home to future prospective trespassers back in their homelands? The illegal trespassers are simply being used as pawns, with the hopes that it makes others think twice about the journey.

I think the Moral Standing of the United States of America is not something to be traded to send a message.

It is a watered down version of what terrorist groups do.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Under your logic, it is easier to concern one self with how another may keep their house all while ignoring the disrepair within your own house. The U.S.'s house is messy... very messy, and it is in need of serious attention.

I think running for charity is commendable, but I would like to see someone that is battling cancer worry about their problems as opposed to worrying about cancer's place in society as a whole. It is unwise to not even make our own bed and deal with the problems at our feet and feel that we are better suited to take on the world's problems if you ask me.

I never said I agree with it... I said that the separation tactics is a pawn game.

Can fight for the children at home, and actually fighting for the children at home are NOT the same thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What a Red/Blue tyrannical government does in actions does NOT always speak on behalf of all the citizens of the U.S.. To indicate that people that support ending illegal immigration also defines that citizen to hold a low standard of morals is quite premature at the least.

If I entered a foreign country illegally with a child, I'd fully expect my parenting abilities to be put into question... which doesn't even include how the country's government may or may not handle the CRIME. The one reality that would stand wherever these situations occur is that the criminal gets very little to any say in how the matters get handled.

Someone who would gamble their child's safety in a foreign country is far more of a concern of mine than how the crimes get handled.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Your thinking is ill.

No one is cheering anything on. You brought up skin color, not me.

You are the one that won't address my questions. Why do you have more empathy for those children than the ones already here suffering? You have expressed no empathy for my situation, have you? Nope, only worried about those trying to cross the border illegally with their children. That actually says a lot about your own "illness".

To make assumptions about me like that is ridiculous by the way. You have no idea what my background is or the things I have done in my life. Typical knee-jerk emotional response with no logic. No reasoning with people like you.

I don't care what color your niece is. I think the fact you are on a forum cheering for innocent children to be stripped from their parents and incarcerated speaks to LOUDLY to your lack of suitability to care for children. You lack the necessary empathy.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Under your logic, it is easier to concern one self with how another may keep their house all while ignoring the disrepair within your own house.

I think running for charity is commendable, but I would like to see someone that is battling cancer worry about their problems as opposed to worrying about cancer's place in society as a whole. It is unwise to not even make our own bed and deal with the problems at our feet and feel that we are better suited to take on the world's problems if you ask me.

That is a bizarrely illogical position.

US Policy is ALL of our houses. That is the precise nature of a government by the people.

And someone battling cancer is not ignoring their own battle when they work to bring public attention and resources to a disease that effects thousands or millions?

And most working to mobilize resources to research and cure cancer are not directly suffering from the disease.

Your arguments make no sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

What a Red/Blue tyrannical government does in actions does NOT always speak on behalf of all the citizens of the U.S.. To indicate that people that support ending illegal immigration also defines that citizen to hold a low standard of morals is quite premature at the least.

???????

To suggest that the choice is to either promote human rights violations and abuse of innocent children or ending illegal immigration is stupid.

The vast majority of Democrats do not favor illegal immigration, they are for secure borders.

They disagree that building an idiotic wall makes the border more secure.
They disagree that securing the border should involve forcible removing and incarcerating innocent children.

You can argue that it is an effective deterrent, I could disagree, but the premise that whether it is a deterrent or not is where the bar should be set is a failed premise.

If deterrence was the standard, why not execute the children? Would that not reduce immigration?

If I entered a foreign country illegally with a child, I'd fully expect my parenting abilities to be put into question... which doesn't even include how the country's government may or may not handle the CRIME. The one reality that would stand wherever these situations occur is that the criminal gets very little to any say in how the matters get handled.

Someone who would gamble their child's safety in a foreign country is far more of a concern of mine than how the crimes get handled.

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You seem to be unable to defend your call for seizing innocent children, separating them from their parents and incarcerating them?

Nor do you seem to acknowledge that there are now a steady stream of police reports and investigations demonstrating that Trump's policy has handed over innocent children to Child Molesters.

A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center
www.thenation.com...

Immigrant Youth Shelters: “If You’re a Predator, It’s a Gold Mine”

We obtained police reports and call logs from more than two-thirds of the shelters housing immigrant children. Here’s what they show.

www.propublica.org...

Report: Police investigate child molestation incidents at immigrant child holding facility
www.kgun9.com...

ACLU Report: Detained Immigrant Children Subjected To Widespread Abuse By Officials
www.npr.org...

You appear to be enthusiastically supportive of the most horrific of injustices as long as it is Trump's idea.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

It’s the separation thing. I think they want our kids to go with us when we go to jail.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Reporting from a week ago is that we may have deported as many as 500 parents without their children. I realize that the immigration discussion is dominated by radical opinions of hyperpartisans but wtf people, we should at least be able to agree that deporting people without their kids is #ed up.

Are you gonna answer the question in the OP? Because your statement has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
hey hey hey ....the only empathy here is for fetuses and trump.....gotta keep the s**t pot stirred up for the daily feeding to anarchists, Russians, and right wingers.....just stopped by to see if the rage machine is still functioning....perfectly as always...I'm out

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But didn't the parents want them here in the first place? If it was me and I had a choice of NOT bringing my child back to what I am supposed to be escaping it is a no-brainer.

This is not a partisan opinion either. All throughout history people have sent their children to a better place if they lived in a #ehole.

In fact, I would take jail time to get my child over a border and know they were better off...in a heartbeat.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I guess many of you have no idea what you are talking about so you create false equivalents to make your thought solidified in your mind. It is like stacking shat on hay.

These jack booted thoughts will come back to haunt you.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Reporting from a week ago is that we may have deported as many as 500 parents without their children. I realize that the immigration discussion is dominated by radical opinions of hyperpartisans but wtf people, we should at least be able to agree that deporting people without their kids is #ed up.

Are you gonna answer the question in the OP? Because your statement has nothing to do with the OP.

The question in the op can not be honestly answered.

Unless someone does not care about freedom and due process.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It really depends on where you are from.

If you are smuggling yo kids from the usa into mexico then yes your parental abilities should be questioned.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The plan is to monitor the ingress of illegals from the point of now as it's an almost certainty that word of past travels is being sent back to these country's. If the mass of trespassers lessens it will equate to the separation tactics to be successful. If the mass of trespassers grows it will equate to its ineffectiveness.

I am not saying I agree with it or not, but there is a far bigger motive to separating parents and children than meets the eye and or media. I do agree that it may be a bit to be practicing cognitive dissonance to look past the atrocities U.S. children face on a daily basis all while being overly full of empathy for children being forced to trespass into a foreign country.

The last word i heard from the border gaurds is that illegal crossings are up since zero tolerance (of due process) started.

I also have heard reported that even at the legal ports they are separating all who seek asylum and have children if the ports are even open.

Mean while the new process has done nothing to stop the truck loads of people and drugs coming in.

We should keep in mind that the number one main reason border agents were catching people crossing was due to the fact they were being introduced to the legal system and being let go. Now the people have no reason to seek out guards and turn themselves in and now choose to just to continue on to their destination inland.

edit on 2-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join