It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of crimes that should ignored because you have a kid.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: theantediluvian

Do your kids get to come to jail with you when Americans commit a crime? No CPS takes them away from you.

What are you going on about?

First off, in most cases where people go to jail, their kids aren't simply taken by CPS/DYFS/etc. They remain with the parent that isn't incarcerated, are placed in the custody of other family members, etc. If every time a person was incarcerated, the kids were taken by the government, there'd either be a lot less incarceration or a revolt.

Second, all crimes are not the same. Illegal entry specifically is a misdemeanor and it's neither a violent crime nor a property crime. Let's not pretend that all crimes are the same. Public urination is a crime in most jurisdictions. Would you equate that with armed robbery?

Third, even people who cross the border illegally are entitled by law to apply for asylum. The US is a signatory of the 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees whereby we agreed not to prosecute asylum seekers who enter unauthorized. Despite this, the admin has been specifically trying to crack down on asylum seeking. There are lawsuits right now concerning asylum seekers who have been deliberately misinformed by border patrol agents. There are prosecutors cutting deals which require people to drop asylum petitions.

Fourth, the biggest issue here is ostensibly a concern that if released, these people won't show up for immigration court proceedings. The argument being that if they are prosecuted for illegal entry, they'll be remanded to ICE custody until after their hearings. ICE has had programs, like ISAP, using ankle bracelets, which have seen something like 99.6% of wearers showing up for their court dates.

ICE estimates that it costs $133.99 a day to keep an adult in detention as opposed to $4.50 for ISAP.

Lastly, what does your response have to do with what I said? Even if you believe that all people who illegally cross the border (which accounts for like a third of illegal immigration), including those who are legitimately seeking asylum, should be detained until they're processed (and a percentage will be granted asylum) — even if you don't have any concerns with family separation for the duration of processing — do you really think we should be deporting parents without their children?

How about having toddlers appearing in immigration court without their parents or lawyers?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
we should at least be able to agree that deporting people without their kids is #ed up.

Fine, have it your way. Send the kids home too.

Be real Ante, you don't give a flying sixteenth of a # about the separation issue. You should've just said that deporting people is #ed up, because we all know that open borders are what you really want.

The whole "poor little kids" thing is just the latest angle Wellstone told you to attack from.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Anyone who has a kid, and breaks the law on purpose, is NO role model for that kid. This is how the ills of the world keep going- because what idiot ***hole parents pass on, show, and teach their children through example and directly.

Can't raise 'em right, or at least try? Then, all rights pertaining to raising said kid go in the trash. I am sure more compassionate and better people can be found to raise the child.

I'm sure everyone of the children in tRumps consternation camps had parents that were murderers and gang members. You are so stupid it defies logic.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2018 by Bone75 because: I'm an idiot.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: hoss53

Anyone who has a kid, and breaks the law on purpose, is NO role model for that kid. This is how the ills of the world keep going- because what idiot ***hole parents pass on, show, and teach their children through example and directly.

Can't raise 'em right, or at least try? Then, all rights pertaining to raising said kid go in the trash. I am sure more compassionate and better people can be found to raise the child.

I'm sure everyone of the children in tRumps consternation camps had parents that were murderers and gang members. You are so stupid it defies logic.

Please don't use the words consternation and stupid in the same sentence.

That is all.

Thanks for playing.

Oops maybe it's cofeve. Concentration "sorry to burst your bubble".

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

That is all.

Thanks for playing.

I didn't think consternation was a word, turns out it is and it would actually be more politically correct than concentration. You should've just played it off.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hey bubba- lemme break it down so even your inbred mind can grasp it:

ANY mommy or daddy who does bad things and shows their kids it's ok ARE BAD MOMMIES AND DADDIES.
Maybe removing the intellectually stunted should also happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Reporting from a week ago is that we may have deported as many as 500 parents without their children. I realize that the immigration discussion is dominated by radical opinions of hyperpartisans but wtf people, we should at least be able to agree that deporting people without their kids is #ed up.

Hey Anti, quick question, what should our American citizens have to go through to get our family members back? We are trying to adopt our neice. We live in Texas, and she lives in Washington. Both parents deceased, Mom (husband's sister) died of pneumonia in April. We want to adopt her. We had to hire a lawyer just to be able to communicate with her. We were just able to do a video chat with her last week. That's right, 3 months later, we have a right to communicate with her. Our system is so broken, but I should empathize with these parents, come on???!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

The closest I come to answering my own question is, if you catch a person molesting a kid. Whatever happens to the molester is fair game.

Let's dispense with the Hypotheticals.

If a parent crosses the border without authorization with a child, is the government able take that innocent child and turn them over to child molesters as punishment to the parents?

A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center
www.thenation.com...

Immigrant Youth Shelters: “If You’re a Predator, It’s a Gold Mine”

We obtained police reports and call logs from more than two-thirds of the shelters housing immigrant children. Here’s what they show.

www.propublica.org...

Report: Police investigate child molestation incidents at immigrant child holding facility
www.kgun9.com...

ACLU Report: Detained Immigrant Children Subjected To Widespread Abuse By Officials
www.npr.org...

* See...Like all things Trumpite, first they make insane false claims like Pizzagate and then they commit the real violation.
Remember Trumps outrage at Bill Clinton's infidelity?

The Trump administration is literally using government officers to take children forcibly from their parents and handing them over to child molesters.

Documented police reports.

Ponder that truth while worshipping the orange menace and deriding the majority of the country that finds it sickening.

edit on 1-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

Reporting from a week ago is that we may have deported as many as 500 parents without their children. I realize that the immigration discussion is dominated by radical opinions of hyperpartisans but wtf people, we should at least be able to agree that deporting people without their kids is #ed up.

That's right, 3 months later, we have a right to communicate with her. Our system is so broken, but I should empathize with these parents, come on???!!!

I imagine the universe does not grant empathy to those incapable of granting it to others.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That is all.

Thanks for playing.

You would've looked like less ridiculous if you kept it "consternation".

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I feel it should be ignored as a crime when a parent chooses to forego inoculating their children with vaccines. Whether it be removing all of them, lessening the amount of vaccines given at one time, or altering the vaccine schedule, it should not be a criminal act to conclude what a governing body indicates to be right about vaccine safety.

Any government indicating that they hold more of ownership to my internal blood and guts than I do myself is to be considered no different than trespassing into a foreign country illegally.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hey bubba- lemme break it down so even your inbred mind can grasp it:

ANY mommy or daddy who does bad things and shows their kids it's ok ARE BAD MOMMIES AND DADDIES.
Maybe removing the intellectually stunted should also happen.

Lucky you don't work in government, what do you do fora living, how exactly do you contribute to society?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Smoking weed.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

The closest I come to answering my own question is, if you catch a person molesting a kid. Whatever happens to the molester is fair game.

Let's dispense with the Hypotheticals.

If a parent crosses the border without authorization with a child, is the government able take that innocent child and turn them over to child molesters as punishment to the parents?

A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center
www.thenation.com...

Immigrant Youth Shelters: “If You’re a Predator, It’s a Gold Mine”

We obtained police reports and call logs from more than two-thirds of the shelters housing immigrant children. Here’s what they show.

www.propublica.org...

Report: Police investigate child molestation incidents at immigrant child holding facility
www.kgun9.com...

ACLU Report: Detained Immigrant Children Subjected To Widespread Abuse By Officials
www.npr.org...

* See...Like all things Trumpite, first they make insane false claims like Pizzagate and then they commit the real violation.
Remember Trumps outrage at Bill Clinton's infidelity?

The Trump administration is literally using government officers to take children forcibly from their parents and handing them over to child molesters.

Documented police reports.

Ponder that truth while worshipping the orange menace and deriding the majority of the country that finds it sickening.

And you only care now because it's Trump. Your fake outrage is pathetic. Get over the election. It's been almost 2 years.

Where were you when this was happening?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's right, 3 months later, we have a right to communicate with her. Our system is so broken, but I should empathize with these parents, come on???!!!

I imagine the universe does not grant empathy to those incapable of granting it to others.

No, let's address the point of the post. We are supposed to feel outraged that these parents are seperated from their famililies, a situation that they created entirely on their own.

Somehow, these immigrant families are getting an incredible amount of press because of what they are going through, meanwhile, the people that are citizens are going through the same crap. Where has the press been all these years? Have you been worried about what families go through on a regular basis that already live here? Serious question, where has your empathy been all these years?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No, let's address the point of the post. We are supposed to feel outraged that these parents are seperated from their famililies, a situation that they created entirely on their own.

That these innocent CHILDREN are being taken from their parents as a means to punish the parents.

Yes, it is outrageous. It is inhuman, it is sick.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That these innocent CHILDREN are being taken from their parents as a means to punish the parents.

Again, what about the children that are already going through this situation in this country? Where is the press? Answer the question? Why are they more important?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Again, what about the children that are already going through this situation in this country? Where is the press? Answer the question? Why are they more important?

My neice is separated from her family due to the state of Washington, couldn't talk to her family, where is your empathy for that?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your thinking is ill.

It is not an either or choice.

We can both show humanity to brown children and white children alike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join