It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Dead In ICE Detention Center Due To ‘Negligent Care’: Immigration Lawyer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Let's see.... Either live starving in your country of origin not knowing if you'll live through the day or break a (misdemeanor) law in a country that is advertised as the "beacon on the hill" and sets itself as the standard for freedom and prosperity? Yeah I can see how it would make sense to stay in your country and not want to break that law. (/s if you can't tell)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

In addition to the possibility of a state-appointed intervention occurring, medical neglect can also result in very serious legal consequences for the parent or guardian. For example, the parent or guardian may face criminal child abuse charges, which may then result in criminal fines and possible jail time.

www.legalmatch.com...

The parents should bring charges.

ROFL....

I sent my child unaccompanied with Mexican coyotes, none of whom I did a background check on... To be smuggled in steel shipping containers, & sealed semi-truck trailers surrounded by sex traffickers, sex workers, drug smugglers etc.. With no food, money, medicine or form of self defense....

And I would like to complain about how ICE treated my child !

yep...…

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's like you understand nothing about American civics and how Executive policy changes every 4 to 8 years...

How quint you attack me, because you're wrong. Color me not surprised....

Ah another person who has super thin skin and takes criticism as an attack. I like how you both try to make it seem like I'm criticizing you because I'm "losing the argument" or because "I'm wrong". No I'm criticizing you because you are displaying a lack of knowledge on the subject you are discussing.
edit on 1-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Let's see.... Either live starving in your country of origin not knowing if you'll live through the day or break a (misdemeanor) law in a country that is advertised as the "beacon on the hill" and sets itself as the standard for freedom and prosperity? Yeah I can see how it would make sense to stay in your country and not want to break that law. (/s if you can't tell)

So illegal immigrants shouldn’t be subjected to laws of the country they’re trying to invade? Your sarcasm is nonsense.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

In addition to the possibility of a state-appointed intervention occurring, medical neglect can also result in very serious legal consequences for the parent or guardian. For example, the parent or guardian may face criminal child abuse charges, which may then result in criminal fines and possible jail time.

www.legalmatch.com...

ROFL....

I sent my child unaccompanied with Mexican coyotes, none of whom I did a background check on... To be smuggled in steel shipping containers, & sealed semi-truck trailers surrounded by sex traffickers, sex workers, drug smugglers etc.. With no food, money, medicine or form of self defense....

yep...…

But isn't the topic at hand the forced separation of parents who traveled WITH their children (rather than send them alone), and the treatment of said children after the forced separation?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I never said that that they shouldn't be subject to the laws of the country. I just gave you a perspective from the parent of an illegal on why they would want to break our laws to come here and why you are silly for calling them neglectful.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Well in this thread I've been told the children are secretly terrorists, possibly housing bioweapons, only used by the cartels, and that their parents are neglectful trash for wanting a better life for their children to the point they are willing to break the law for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Do you honestly believe that? Seriously? Because if you do, you've got some learning to do.
If a child has died in U.S. custody because of medical neglect, removed from a mother we know nothing about, that is something you feel you can freely make light of and blame on the parent?

These are real people, with real lives, and real needs. Does dehumanizing them make it easier for you to "ROFL"?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well in this thread I've been told the children are secretly terrorists, possibly housing bioweapons, only used by the cartels, and that their parents are neglectful trash for wanting a better life for their children to the point they are willing to break the law for it.

I can’t wait until after the midterms so the deaths of children quit being used to push a political agenda.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's like you understand nothing about American civics and how Executive policy changes every 4 to 8 years...

Ah another person who has super thin skin and takes criticism as an attack. I like how you both try to make it seem like I'm criticizing you because I'm "losing the argument" or because "I'm wrong". No I'm criticizing you because you are displaying a lack of knowledge on the subject you are discussing.

You think a law written by Democrats and passed in 1952, was passed by Trump in 2017... Who has a lack of knowledge ?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

www.legalmatch.com...

ROFL....

yep...…

But isn't the topic at hand the forced separation of parents who traveled WITH their children (rather than send them alone), and the treatment of said children after the forced separation?

Fair enough, I suppose the topic has a pinpoint and not a broader angle.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe that? Seriously? Because if you do, you've got some learning to do.
If a child has died in U.S. custody because of medical neglect, removed from a mother we know nothing about, that is something you feel you can freely make light of and blame on the parent?

These are real people, with real lives, and real needs. Does dehumanizing them make it easier for you to "ROFL"?

I don't send my children on voyages accompanied by dangerous individuals without protection, nor do I invite and bring along my children while committing a crime. Sorry I can't relate to that, strikes me as bad parenting.

As to what I was laughing at, was the concept of holding other people responsible for situations I created. Hypothetically, of course.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I don't send my children on voyages accompanied by dangerous individuals without protection, nor do I invite and bring along my children while committing a crime. Sorry I can't relate to that, strikes me as bad parenting.

As to what I was laughing at, was the concept of holding other people responsible for situations I created. Hypothetically, of course.

Nonetheless it remains a very shallow interpretation of what's happening.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I can’t wait until after the midterms so the deaths of children quit being used to push a political agenda.

After the blatant disregard for children outside of THIS political football was displayed, it's hard to take the outrage serious.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nonetheless it remains a very shallow interpretation of what's happening.

No it's me NOT using the plight of children to further a political goalpost.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You think a law written by Democrats and passed in 1952, was passed by Trump in 2017... Who has a lack of knowledge ?

No I don't think that at all. Stop lying and misrepresenting my point.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

twitter.com...

ICE Tweet: Reports that a child died in ICE custody at Dilley are false.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray

twitter.com...

ICE Tweet: Reports that a child died in ICE custody at Dilley are false.

Sigh of relief...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

www.legalmatch.com...

ROFL....

yep...…

Fair enough, I suppose the topic has a pinpoint and not a broader angle.

You seem reasonable, so would you mind sharing your opinion from a hypothetical position (similar to what Krazyshot has presented)?

This scenario is: You are a poor Single (low skilled) parent with 2 children, living in squalor in an impoverished nation, and gangs have been extorting you and your neighbors forever, except this time they're saying either give us all your money food or we're killing your kids. The previous week a neighbors kids were killed in what was believed to be a similar reprisal for refusing their demands, so you have a pretty good feeling that this is serious....

Do you

A.) Disbelieve them, continue or not to pay the 'protection' money or give them everything you own and then have to fight to find shelter food again?

B.) Believe them, and try in a futile attempt to change the bureaucracy of a failed governmental system single-handedly in time to reduce the risk to yourself or your children?

C.) Flee to somewhere else in the country in the hopes the gangs aren't there or won't find you?

D.) Flee to some other country that you think has the greatest chance for success for you and your children, and the safety you believe you need to raise them?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Apparently the dumpster fire that is Trump's child separation policy just keeps getting worse.

You mean the law Bush signed and Obama used too? The difference is Trump used it to the letter of the law.

While there was no confirmation about the whereabouts of the child’s parents, Yegani said the former’s grandmother was in New Jersey. She added a lawyer was in touch with the family of the child to get more information about the matter.

This seems weird, the grandmother lives in the US but she has no clue where the parents are, also the kids are detained if there are no relatives able to accept them, so not having the grandmother take the kids seems out of context here. Also the child is unidentified, but they know the grandmother....hmmm

“If they ask for a visa, the US government won’t give them one. If they stay in their country their kids get killed by the gangs. So they are damned if they try to come the legal or illegal way,” she wrote in another tweet.

I'm sure the "gangs" kill everyone... BTW there are a good dozen of other countries they can go to too if they are life or death...I don't buy the whole gang thing and crime is not a reason for seeking asylum.

Under the 1951 Geneva Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, asylum seekers must show that they have a well-founded fear of persecution due to their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership of a particular social group, and are unable or unwilling to seek protection from the authorities in ...

edit on 1-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join