It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-Year-Old Clark Kent Beats Michael Phelps’ Old Swimming Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
No, not Superman only his name is the same. 10 year old Clark Kent Apuada who is Filipino - American just broke Michael Phelps 23 years old record by more than one second in the Far Western Long Course Championship in California. Phelps set his record of 1:10.48 back in '95 in the same event, the 100-meter butterfly for boys 10 or younger and 23 years later the young Superman swam 1:09:38.

After the event Clark said breaking this record was his dream since he started to swim competitively at age 7.

If anyone had to break this record it had to be Superman, and I think he is someone to keep an eye on in the future, maybe even in the 2024 Olympics...

Congrats to this young man, full article below...

[url=https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/swimming/10-year-old-clark-kent-beats-michael-phelps’-old-swimming-record/ar-BBLlbhS?ocid=spartanntp]Source[/ur l]

edit on 1-8-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2018 by szino9 because: some reason cant link source...please help

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Man pull the wind right outta my sails dude. You just ruined all the super kid jokes with your first sentence.
I was gonna say and the long jump and the relay race and pole vaulting.
Super humans. Shouldn't we just get to the ultimate limit for human endurance? Can we keep breaking records forever?
Michael.Phelps is retired from the Olympics now isn't he?
Just saw Ryan Lochte was in trouble again but I didn't pay attention to the details.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

That's a heck of a bragging point to beat one of Phelps records. Kid must swim like a torpedo.

But I must warn, I've seen monster kids in little league and by the time they are in high school they are just middle of the pack.

Guess we will have to watch this one.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm not big on Superman and correct me if I am wrong but in Smallwille the tv show, wasn't superman started to have his powers at around age 10?

I am not saying Clark is an alien but...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Michael Phelps' middle name is Fred. Fred Phelps leads the Westbork Baptist Church. Superman beats the villain again.

top topics

join