It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Crown Jewels stolen in audacious robbery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You can't have the original Declaration of Independence cos Nick Cage half inched it first.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here in the states we had cameras in a zoo that caught 2 dorks trying to steal a small shark in a baby stroller.

We caught 'em boys! 'Murica Loves us some sharks!

500 year old Crown jewels? Nah

Too trusting, too much Viking raid guilt

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Where did you learn that people saw it happening? I can only find info that people witnessed a motorboat crossing the lake. And there are contradictory reports on what color the boat was, so it might have been hard to see what race they were.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Guess that teaches us that dorks are easier to catch than jewel thieves.
I'm guessing there were cameras watching the Crown Jewels too.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I like how you brought up scientology. Remember that Leah Remini show critizing it? Well their response is launching their own network entirely with a show promoting scientology. All tax free stilp mind you.

Back on topic: This sucks for Sweden and hopefully they can get the jewels back. That being said, I also appreciate the thieves work because cmon who hasnt fantasized about pulling off a heist at least once!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

nyheder.tv2.dk...

Flere vidner så hændelsen Den svenske avis Aftonbladet har talt med flere vidner, der så gerningsmændene forlade kirken med tyvekosterne. Tom Rowsel spiste frokost med nogle venner, da han var vidne til hændelsen. - Vi spiste frokost, og en af mine venner så to personer løbe fra forskellige retninger. Jeg så en lille båd, og manden hoppede i båden og gassede op. Tom Rowsel var øjenvidne til hændelsen, da gerningsmændene stak af med tyvekosterne. Høj markedsværdi Ifølge svensk politi har gerningsmændene højst sandsynligt skaffet sig af med motorbåden, hvorefter de er stukket af i en flugtbil. Juvelerne, der er udsmykket med guld, ædelsten og perler, har ifølge politiet en høj markedsværdi. De er dog ikke lige til at sælge, siger Thomas Bergqvist, der er politiets pressetalsmand. Politiets teori er, at det er et bestillingsjob fra kriminelle kredse, som kan have købere til denne slags tyvekoster. Politiet søger nu vidner, der kan have set båden eller set andre mistænkelige ting i området.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Probably this guy:

A notorious French gangster has managed to escape prison again. This time, with help from armed friends using a hijacked helicopter and smoke bombs.

Redoine Faid, 46, who escaped prison five years ago using explosives, broke out of a prison near Paris on Sunday. He was serving a 25-year sentence for planning a robbery where a police officer was killed.

Link
Making a getaway on a speed boat is right up this guys alley.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Hm, yeah, well they did see the thieves at least

I still think they'd release descriptions if they had good descriptions though. This case is too important even for Sweden sabotage by hiding their skin color. But it this could affect the elections in September, if it turns out the jewels were stolen by immigrants or people from a foreign background.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Exactly!

Release the footage and put an alert like Amber Alert for them, wouldnt you think they valued their Crown Jewels?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Speedboat getaway from a jewelry heist? Geez how cliche, all we need now is Tom Cruise making a perfect HALO parachute jump onto the boat and punching em in the face with an Aston Martin.....

James bond, Sean Connery and Roger Moor did it first and far better than a Scientologist weirdo ever could, besides his best role was actually in Labyrinth
You're thinking of 'Legend.'
'Labyrinth' was David Bowie.
Both cool films.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It looks like the Swedish Crown Jewels have been found.

The search for both the culprits and the jewels gained international attention after the 17th-century royal crowns were taken from a cathedral in Strängnäs, one hour from Stockholm, with the suspects then seen fleeing the scene on women's bicycles and a motorboat.

A man, whose blood was found on the scene of the crime, is currently on trial. But the hearing was interrupted on Tuesday morning after the prosecutor confirmed in court that the missing jewels may have been found.

Police said that the items were found by a security guard on top of a rubbish bin in Stockholm suburb Åkersberga at 1am on Tuesday.
www.thelocal.se...

Good news.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join