It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson Bailed after appeal win.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well it all seemed a bit to rushed when they jailed him. So lets see what happens now he has been bailed.

Far-right activist Tommy Robinson has been bailed after winning an appeal against a finding of contempt of court. Robinson, 35, admitted the charge and received a 13-month jail term in May after he filmed outside Leeds Crown Court during a trial. At the Court of Appeal, Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett ruled there had been technical flaws by the judge who jailed him. He will attend the Old Bailey for the Leeds allegation to be reheard. In his written judgement, Lord Burnett said: "We are satisfied that the finding of contempt made in Leeds following a fundamentally flawed process, in what we recognise were difficult and unusual circumstances, cannot stand. "We will direct that the matter be reheard before a different judge."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Aug 1 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

stephen - will be re-conviceted on the same charges - following a more meticulous prosecition

all this does is waste more money - and give the little scroat an oportinity to do monething else equallly stupid - while on bail

his public statement on arrest says it all [ to paraphrase ] :

" contact my solicitor , i am on a suspended sentence "

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
all this does is waste more money -

The law and the pursuit of justice is never a waste of money.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

he entered a plea of " guilty "

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: skywatcher44

all this does is waste more money - and give the little scroat an oportinity to do monething else equallly stupid - while on bail

What is stupid is a Judge locking him up for simply filming in an open and public street, reporting on the trial of a bunch of filthy, disgusting 'men', who had been grooming and raping young girls; the public have every right to know that this sort of thing is going on in their neighbourhood.

If you're going to hate on someone, at least hate on them for something worth hating over.

For the record, I'm no Tommy Robinson fan.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Great news.

It was obvious to anyone but the people who let hate lead their judgement that what happened to Robinson was unfair.

The actions of the judge who sent him to jail were disgusting and he should be ashamed of himself - and probably removed from the bench.

Robinson committed no offence. I think a real review of what he did and a trial if necessary will show that.

Great to see that the judge who heard the appeal understands that we do not accept tyrants who would throw people in jail because of how the feel about one of their political enemies.

#freetommy

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

What is stupid is a Judge locking him up for simply filming in an open and public street, reporting on the trial of a bunch of filthy, disgusting 'men',

What is stupid is he did it after being told by another court not to do it , he broke his bail conditions and was punished for it like any other citizen would be.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So now it is "Stupid" to fight for free speech in Britain...??? Really?

Am I on ATS? Hello...!

Maybe you are one of those types who likes to be lulled by everything looking tip top on the surface, and keep the filth of a situation well covered up. In fact DELUDED.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What is stupid is that all this deflects from the FACT that yet another grooming gang of men have been found guilty.

When are we going to acknowledge that there is a specific problem within a specific section of our society.

Tommy Robinson is a complete bell end.....but no-one can deny he is right in exposing the activities of these nonces and until we take action to eradicate this specific problem it will provide an opportunity for the likes of Robinson to spew his bollocks.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Surely you don't believe the only way to expose those rotten scumbags is by filming them in and around court..?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He committed no offence? Then why did he plead guilty?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I didn't know it was illegal to film outside a court house in Great Britain. Can someone link me the law where it states that it is illegal to film outside a court house? Isn't that what Tommy was charged with initially? Or is this a case of "I don't like activists that ask too many questions so lock em up."

I am very happy to see Tommy is getting some type of justice his way instead of being treated like a detainee at a CIA blacksite.
edit on 1-8-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: maya27

So now it is "Stupid" to fight for free speech in Britain...??? Really?

No , it's stupid to thumb your nose at the court.

Maybe you are one of those types who likes to be lulled by everything looking tip top on the surface, and keep the filth of a situation well covered up. In fact DELUDED.

Lol.
Because Robinson is complaining about brown people makes him above the law ?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

He was talking about muslim RAPE/ CHILD GROOMING GANGS. Not just brown people in general. You're cherry picking what fits your argument.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What is stupid is that all this deflects from the FACT that yet another grooming gang of men have been found guilty.

Nevertheless they have been found guilty and will go to prison.

When are we going to acknowledge that there is a specific problem within a specific section of our society.

I believe we already have.

Tommy Robinson is a complete bell end

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I didn't know it was illegal to film outside a court house in Great Britain.

It's not illegal to film outside a court.

However, it is illegal to compromise a court in session, or risk prejudicing the outcome. That's what Robinson was doing. This is all detailed in the court papers which are publicly accessible, should any "free speech warriors", or the "blissfully ignorant and easily led" want to review. Here's some...

Crown Court
edit on 1/8/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

You're cherry picking what fits your argument.

You are ignoring the facts , he broke his terms of release and was caught on camera acknowledging that fact , actions have consequences.

Let's not make a hero out of this Muppet.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: UKTruth

He committed no offence? Then why did he plead guilty?

He did what he did?

I mean, if you were told by a court not to drink a cup of coffee, and you did, would you deny it? It's still a bull# thing to be told not to do, so would you actually NOW drink it?

And lets be clear here, filming a group of pedophiles is not supposed to be a crime, when they're in public.... so what is it you're sticking up for, a bollocks ruling by a bent judge, or protecting a group of lascivious perverted pedos?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

However, it is illegal to compromise a court in session, or risk prejudicing the outcome. That's what Robinson was doing. This is all detailed in the court papers which are publicly accessible, should any "free speech warriors", or the "blissfully ignorant and easily led" want to review. Here's some...

Crown Court

I was under the impression that the trial was over, and this was the day of sentencing. If so, then he could not have prejudiced the outcome.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Crown Court

Sounds unsurprisingly like that lady who was kicked out of Lakemba here, for simply being there as a lewd woman (uncovered) and threatened with potentially causing a riot (for want of a better term) for simply being there.

Make up BS offences just to appease certain people... or as gortex would have it known, brown people.

Because the only muslims are brown. And anything ever said against them, is racism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join