It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obscure Music makes Spectrogram image of an Alien Face- Communication or Math?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Afex twin & the song equation when played at a specific range produces an aliens face on the Spectrogram monitor appears from playing the song Check it out this is wild, so you would be able communicate like this i wonder how much information could be passed and has anyone checked the other songs?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-8-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

You mean this goofy looking teenager with bracelets

its easy to convert pictures to sound.. lots of free online programs for that, I guess he just used a picture of himself.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

This sort of thing is art. People have been making these for some time now.
Oscilloscope Music

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here you can try and covert some pictures to sound yourself

www.skytopia.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Come to Daddy

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Think backwards... if you can see it with that program, you can likely make it with a similar program.

We used to do similar types of things in the recording studio more than 20 years ago... must be a breeze to do these days.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

As this seems to be a hoax, the idea from the OP seems to be interesting. I’m sure others have thought of it before. But puttting images into sound and sending them across space seems like an interesting theory.

I wonder if SETI looks at their sounds they pick up for something like this.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

isnt this basically what casini diskus is from forgotten languages, its converting sound into images ! and vice versa
the images on fl when ran through the converter give an audio file !

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You can take a picture, convert it line by line using a "Fast Fourier Transform" into a series of frequencies and intensities (what you see on that graph), then convert those back into sound and add it to the music track.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I thought the high pitch ringing was interesting since I have that ringing constantly.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Is there a potential to convert to color and play a movie? or even text in a readable format?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Mathematics is the ultimate form of communication.

A universal language really, period.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Is there a potential to convert to color and play a movie? or even text in a readable format?

No doesnt work that way

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

You can only convert sound into a series of frequencies and intensities. You might be able to encode different ranges of frequencies into different color channels (10Khz - 20Khz = Red, 20Khz - 30 Khz=Green, 30Khz - 40 Khz =Blue)

If you were to make multiple samples over time, then you can make a movie. Dolphins use repeated sonar clicks to build up a 2D picture equivalent of a CymaScope. Because these clicks are so frequent it's probable that they see motion:

inhabitat.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Space is a vacuum....noone can hear you scream ! .......but no really sound does not work in space fyi

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Mathematics is the ultimate form of communication.

A universal language really, period.

Wondering if you've seen these images? These are natural patterns in mathematics, formed with a simple number triangle.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Space is a vacuum....noone can hear you scream ! .......but no really sound does not work in space fyi

Didn't think of THAT

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yampa

It's a fractal is it not?

Think I've come across it before.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Depends what you mean by fractal, I think!

It certainly looks fractal. But the rendering is discrete in this case and not self-similar (other than the fact the images are symmetrical). I think most fractals are continuous and they come with an equation which explains each point mathematically.

In the case with these images, they are actually pictures of binary numbers themselves, the visual effect does not come from plotting the equation in the same way as a Mandelbrot set, for instance.

These are the numbers 1 to 250 in binary, stacked next to each other, same way as the images above. It does look kinda fractal, but I'm not sure if it fits the definition!

new topics

top topics

join