It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Necrobile

I'm sure you call them on it every time if they don't right?

Look..you do not need an ID to buy groceries anywhere. Ever... Because you can always choose to pay cash. The requirement for ID is not because of groceries . It's because of a payment method.

They're dancing and they know it and so do we.
You need id to use a card.
Not to buy groceries

So, they’re not buying groceries? In a grocery store?

What are you trying to do here with this dance?

Sounds like you’re dancing.

What are you trying to do by quibbling about a small detail in a much greater argument? Avoiding it?

I'm trying to get people to realize he lied and I'm trying to see how many of you defend and deflect.

Not hard to say what you mean. Shouldn't be anyway.
You all mentioned beer and credit cards. Not trump.

He said you need id to buy groceries. He lied and you are defending another lie.

Cult of personality

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Look..you do not need an ID to buy groceries anywhere. Ever... Because you can always choose to pay cash. The requirement for ID is not because of groceries . It's because of a payment method.

Not to buy groceries

What are you trying to do by quibbling about a small detail in a much greater argument? Avoiding it?

I'm trying to get people to realize he lied and I'm trying to see how many of you defend and deflect.

He said you need id to buy groceries. He lied and you are defending another lie.

Cult of personality

Have you ever shopped at Costco? You need a card with your picture on it to buy groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, I don't care about every word he speaks I look at the point he tries to make. He's right.

link   
Trump sort of just makes stuff up as he goes. Sometimes it makes sense, often it does not. His supporters will find a way to twist anything he says to make it seems like it made sense however. Which sometimes is super amusing, when he has rattled something off that sounds like he is on multiple drugs or medications at the same time. Just Google up "rambling Trump" or "Trump confusing speech" or many other combinations if you need a good chuckle.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Who cares, you're the one so focused on a Trump comment not me. I need my id when I buy groceries.

The actual point Trump is making is true, we need an id for almost everything, including purchasing a gun which is a Constitutional right.

No you don't.
You need id when you pay with a card
Not the same thing but as you said, you don't care

You cannot function in American society without some form of identification. That is the point. You literally need ID to do most things... open a bank account, get on a plane, buy a house, purchase alcohol, purchase cigarettes, get into a night club, buy car insurance, rent a car, gainful employment... you need ID to get govt benefits.

Trump just stated groceries trying to make the above point. It is not being literal. Good grief, you guys cannot be this freaking dumb. 8 pages arguing this point? Seriously?

Even illegal immigrants have to get fake IDs to function. In fact, this is the dirty little secret that a lot of identity theft is related to illegal immigration. Here in Chicago, we had a local politician's father arrested for making fake IDs primarily for illegal immigrants.

Alderman's Father Charged with Fake ID

Federal prosecutors on Tuesday added the father of a Chicago alderman to a fake-ID case in which 22 people were charged last month. Authorities cracked down on the operation in late April, saying they had shut down a $2 million operation that cranked out as many as 100 phony ID cards a day. Employees working in shifts made bogus driver's licenses, Social Security cards and resident alien cards.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

lol.... serious question here, did you need to show your id to get the credit card??
ya know, I go down to my bank and take out the rent payment every month..
they know me personally.. but still
I don't even need to show them my id... I do mainly because it bugs me that they don't ask me for it.
I never had any official id till after my third child was born and needed to be able to drive.
and while my kids were young, my husband did the grocery shopping and when they got older, we went together, for the longest time he didn't want me working because well.. that meant he would have to stay home and deal with the kids after his long day at work. when, I wasn't working, he would put his check into a bank account that was only in his name. heck, many times me and my kids would take what cans and bottles we had at the house, along with an empty bag and start the long mile walk down to the redemption site where we got our nickle/can and them make the long hike back stopping at the store and picking up a little something for ourselves... ya see even though I may have had a license, it didn't mean I had a car to drive around in.
but, pray tell, if it was my husband writing the checks, working, doing the banking and paying the bills, and most of the time I didn't even have a car to use to go anywhere...
just what the heck did I need a official ID for??
it certainly wasn't so I could cash those cans and bottles in and buy that little something for the kids!!!
I only bring this up because I know that not only do you not need an id to live in this world, but that more than likely there are others in similar situations for similar reasons. people who have enough hurdles being thrown in front of them that prevent them from living anything close to what society would think of as being "normal" without a president throwing imaginary ones up like oh, I don't know, you have to gather your kids together, carry those cans down to the redemption center, hope you get enough money to buy the danged id, push the kids on to the dmv for the id, then swing by the store for their reward (which by then they would feel just wasn't worth the time and energy which I bet you would also) and back home!!!
that's an alternate reality I just don't want to be a part of!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yes, I don't care about every word he speaks I look at the point he tries to make. He's right.

That’s generally how the media’s base and supporters avoid Trump arguments.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If you pay via credit card or debit card without using the PIN, a lot of stores ask to see a photo ID.

Who does that anymore??
Umm, everywhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
HILARIOUS watching people try to make something out of this!
There must not be anything that man can do or say that won't be subject to this kind of treatment, keep it up peeps, the crazy is entertaining AF!! And serves a Great purpose too!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Not to buy groceries

Cult of personality

He didn't lie. He just made a point, not being literal. Face it, you just aren't bright enough to understand the context.

Again, you are debating whether the sky is blue or actually azure....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

He didn't lie, you just don't like the explanation even though I need my id when I buy groceries.

I also need my id when I buy a gun.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have been forced to go out to my car and get my ID numerous times at the grocery store.... yes, the effing grocery store to make purchases. That is the truth. Try buying Pedialyte when your child is sick. How about Sudafed and many other products sold at the grocery store.... they make you show an ID.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Words

That must be what he meant then.
Clearly he was talking about Costco

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

He didn't lie, you just don't like the explanation even though I need my id when I buy groceries.

I also need my id when I buy a gun.

No you don't.
You're lying too

You are all lying. You May not agree with my point but nothing I said is a lie yet for 8 pages you and others clearly lied
edit on 1-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have been forced to go out to my car and get my ID numerous times at the grocery store.... yes, the effing grocery store to make purchases. That is the truth. Try buying Pedialyte when your child is sick. How about Sudafed and many other products sold at the grocery store.... they make you show an ID.

So nothing to do with an id being required to buy groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I had to prove my identity to get the CC.

Your State can make id free. Or you can choose to not vote. Either is fine with me.

Live id free, I have no interest in changing your life.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Words

That must be what he meant then.
Clearly he was talking about Costco

Oh, here’s another little dance.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Trump talks out of his @$$, the blind jump all over themselves to defend his idiocy, and here we are.

Must be Wednesday.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When I was in the states I paid for groceries and never showed ID, had to show ID at a gun range but I wasn’t buying groceries there!

How the hell has guns come into this!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So nothing to do with an id being required to buy groceries.

Just completely to do with making purchases at a grocery store .
What the eff do you carry in from your car after you make a trip to the grocery store?
I carry in bags of groceries.

You have no credibility at this point.
Bye bye.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join