It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

??? my kids would be screwed!!! they so seldom carry any cash on them, it's all atms..
I get so tired of telling them why they should be doing it.. but still keep all your money in the bank and go around penniless. I am gonna be so screwed if the banks ever go on a holiday! I will be the only one in the family that might have some actual cash they will all be coming at me.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I believe he was addressing illegal immigrants whom disproportionately use the welfare/food stamp system. In order to participate in these programs you generally do need some form of identification, probably not in California or other liberal states, but for the most part yes.

If not that, then it was hyperbolic to represent all the myriad reasons one would need identification - to buy booze, to drive, to cash a check, etc.

Point being, we DO need voter ID and in my state, an ID for voting purposes is free.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Never been asked for ID in my life.

I was designated booze buyer at 16.

Ahh the good old days

If you looked like Hugh Jackman at 16 they probably just gave you the stuff for free.

Heh, possibly so or no.

(edited out image with weirdo in the middle)
edit on 1-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I read this earlier! trump, is unfit to be POTUS, he is so out of touch with the real world. What an idiot. Also REAL ID IS COMING. More than likely he has no idea what that is.

EVERYTIME I HAVE VOTED, I HAD TO SHOW MY ID! NOT ONCE DID I NEED IT FOR A BAG OF CHIPS!

edit on 1-8-2018 by kurthall because: add

edit on 1-8-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I read this earlier! trump, is unfit to be POTUS, he is so out of touch with the real world. What an idiot. Also REAL ID IS COMING. More than likely he has no idea what that is.

EVERYTIME I HAVE VOTED, I HAD TO SHOW MY ID!

Who would be a better president then? Who would you have chosen out of the previous set?

Do tell.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You need an id to use your CC to prevent fraud. Some places are lax some aren't.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I don't have a credit card... have a debit card, have never been asked for my id... sorry..
that's what the pin is for.
and if you really needed an id to use your credit card, all those internet businesses would be hurting! that's what that little number on the back of the card is for.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You need an id to use your CC to prevent fraud. Some places are lax some aren't.

Most places do not even handle or see your form of payment, unless it is cash.

The vast majority of stores use POS systems in which the consumer finishes the transaction themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
considering all the offers for credit cards I get in the mail, I doubt if I even would need an id to get the danged credit card.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes he was lying.
He said you need is to buy groceries. You don't. Fact.

And just cause it happens to you often does not mean #.
It happens to me almost never and I rarely use cash.

Almost never?

So you did need ID to purchase groceries, then?

Weird...

I almost never get asked for id 2hen buying things with my card. Nothing to do with groceries

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
To be fair he has probably never even bought his own groceries, so he just wouldn’t know.

Well, if he did not know, why did he make his own facts up, AGAIN....He is out of touch! If you watch the people behind him, they were laughing at him, and whispering to each other about it!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That has nothing to do with buying groceries.
The id is for method of payment. Not cause you're buying groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Hell, I use my credit card all the time, and have only been asked for ID maybe once in the past year...In Vegas, they ask everywhere though. I live in So Cali.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That's for adults that are loitering, or drunk in public, or living under a bridge. Your kids are safe. No worries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You do if you buying beer,liquor or cigarettes if you in your 20s. Or if you using checks and sometimes if you using debit cards.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Those are not ID cards and not required to buy groceries. It's a coupon program. You create the account. You don't need to prove your name or address or phone number to create an account.
Your idea is a stretch.

And I volunteer taking seniors on errands and I can tell you that they do not need to show ID to use their EBT cards. They swipe like a bank card and they enter a pin number.
No one asks for ID to use food stamp ( wrong term now) programs like EBT or SNAP of WIC.
edit on 812018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Probably because the narrative that it's racist to ask for ID to vote. If it's racist to vote, but not racist to ask for ID to buy almost anything, go anywhere, do anything....

Then either everything is racist or the people that call voters ID racist are just trying to cause trouble or cheat

ps
if you pay for groceries and pay with a credit card(very common) sometimes one is asked for ID(not very common).
If the card is signed, they have to take it with or without ID

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If you pay via credit card or debit card without using the PIN, a lot of stores ask to see a photo ID.

I have "See ID" on the back of my debit card, so if I ever have to hand my debit card to a cashier to process my transaction, I want them to check my ID.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

he's not just talking about groceries here though...
he also says if you want to buy anything, you need an id...
and by god, he's the president of the US.. so why shouldn't we take that as if he meant what those words meant...
so I guess all those kids out there, which I am sure still stop by stores on the way home from school to spend their lunch money on snacks... need a picture id to buy them... sure some of them might have school ids, but well... what if it's summer time and they rode their bikes to the store...
lol... if this was any other president, would we well, he really didn't mean what he said...
it's like clinton's it depends on what the word is is moment, only it's like every day, sometimes several times a day.

can you give your kid a couple of dollars and let them go to the store to buy an ice cream cone without an id?? if the answer is yes, then what he said isn't true!!!
if the answer is no, then we are living in a really screwed up world where the mandella effect has gone hog wild on us.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
To be fair he has probably never even bought his own groceries, so he just wouldn’t know.

Well, if he did not know, why did he make his own facts up, AGAIN....He is out of touch! If you watch the people behind him, they were laughing at him, and whispering to each other about it!

err... I am not defending him.

I am just making what I think is quite a obvious Trump has probably never had to buy his own groceries.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join