It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The only place I ever get asked to see an ID when I use my credit card is some hotels if they don't remember me.

Everything else, from groceries to booze, no ID.

edit on 1-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777
a reply to: SummerRain

I am not talking bollocks. It's a fact.

You are, it's not.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
two alternate realities merging into the same time, space, frequency...
two alternate realities with very different viewpoints....
two different viewpoints, battling to continue their existence..
mandella dies in prison, but then he is alive and goes on to become president.
looney toons becomes looney tunes... oscar meyer, oscar mayer, thy kingdom come, they will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...in earth as it is in heaven.... bernstein, bernstain???
and all of a sudden... little kids need to have their id tattooed onto the arms if they want to spend their measly allowance on that candy bar, or ice cream cone, or whatever... because those danged kids keep loosing their ID cards!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kintek

Soon to be as same as Nazi Germany (block to block) have to show your ID.

Winning again… and again.

Who would have thunk this thing would appeal to the left this much?

*clicks shoes* "Good Jew"

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The only place I ever get asked to see an ID when I sue my credit card is some hotels if they don't remember me.

Everything else, from groceries to booze, no ID.

Considering how easy it is to create fake ID's and such, the growing trend in hospitality and retail is to have the credit card/debit systems available at the point of sale for the customer to complete the transaction themselves.

That takes the liability off of the business and saves them time for not having to ask for ID's, etc.

This entire issue seems to be a false equivalence. Voting is not comparable to paying for groceries at the local super market.

If we were to require ID's for voting, I fear that the goal posts would move to the next illogical level once it is discovered that ID's can easily be created. We are potentially going down a slippery slope of authoritarianism in which people would not be satisfied with the process unless every single voter is identified by DNA scan, retinal scan and anal probing.
edit on 1-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
If you don’t have a license you don’t drive and you don’t have an ID you don’t vote. Simple.

The problem is that in the U.S. non-felon adults have a right to vote.

Requiring IDs at a purchase cost is an infringement on that right, therefore states would have to make free non-driver photo IDs available.

States won't like footing that bill, and no one is wild about the federal government footing that bill either, but some government entity would have to pay it in order to not infringe on citizen's rights.

So why do these rights holding people wish to not prove that they are indeed rights holding people when making decisions that affect the country?

Does the right to bear arms not need ID to prove they are legitimate? How dare they infringe on your rights. You still own a gun though, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yes he was lying.
He said you need is to buy groceries. You don't. Fact.

And just cause it happens to you often does not mean #.
It happens to me almost never and I rarely use cash.

Almost never?

So you did need ID to purchase groceries, then?

Weird...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It kind of made me sad when they stopped asking me for ID to buy booze.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
No one even asks me for ID when buying beer anymore.

sigh... I am old.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Never been asked for ID in my life.

I was designated booze buyer at 16.

Ahh the good old days

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

In the US you can be charged with vagrancy if you don't have ID and twenty dollars in your pocket. Gotta be able to show you can support yourself. Fair or not.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
...in which people would not be satisfied with the process unless every single voter is identified by DNA scan, retinal scan and anal probing.

If that came to pass could I vote daily? Or even twice daily?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
No one even asks me for ID when buying beer anymore.

sigh... I am old.

Can I borrow your AARP card to get a discount?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

the thing is though, if you want voter id, there are plenty of valid arguments based on FACTS to make, like you just did. and we can work around any counter arguments, like but, it's unfair to make the poor pay for them, but just making them easily accessible and free to anyone who would need them which probably is a small number of the population really since most do have driver's licenses.
there's no reason to bring in a bunch of lies to justify your position. It just leads to what we have on this thread... instead of discussing the valid points of the differing views... we are arguing over another insane lie made by our president...

link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Never been asked for ID in my life.

I was designated booze buyer at 16.

Ahh the good old days

If you looked like Hugh Jackman at 16 they probably just gave you the stuff for free.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree, he has probably never bought groceries. You do need an ID if you are buying alcohol or if you are paying with a check, sometimes they ask even with a credit card.

At the end of the day, what's the big deal? Just more silly accusations at the president.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

lol... my mom was sending me to the store to buy her cigarettes when I was six years old...
it's mind blowing how things have changed through the years...
now you are afraid to let your kid out to play in the front yard alone!

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: introvert
...in which people would not be satisfied with the process unless every single voter is identified by DNA scan, retinal scan and anal probing.

If that came to pass could I vote daily? Or even twice daily?

The thought of the anal probing got you a bit excited, huh?

Vote early, vote often...bring lube.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

In the US you can be charged with vagrancy if you don't have ID and twenty dollars in your pocket. Gotta be able to show you can support yourself. Fair or not.

But not to vote?

See, that is insane. Can't be free to live there as you wish without ID, but no need for ID to vote.

Should be the other way around.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I guess you never saw the documentary about the Vietnam vet charged with vagrancy in Jerkwater U.S.A. by the sheriff.

It got bloody.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join