It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Voting is a right.

Yeah. Make ID’s free. There, solved.

Funny, I didn’t hear Trump offering that. Did I miss it?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Almost everyone use some form of IDs to buy groceries.

So more ID is used to buy groceries in this country than to vote.

That is his point.

Feel free to play semantics all you want.

You now see his point. No matter how you argue and twist.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
what's shocking is that my mom went through life without any form of Photo ID...
no driver's license even. ya, she cashed checks, had a bank account and all that... but the closest she had to a photo id was her social security card and her birth certificate.
and we kids didn't have social security numbers till I after my father passed and my mom had to apply for his va benfits and such.
now, we have a president who appearently believes we can't buy anything without an id??? those poor kids out there, no wonder they are so screwed up!!! gee, I remember getting my little quarter weekly allowance and heading to the restaurant that was practically downstairs from where I lived to enjoy a big plate of french fries and bottle of coke with it. or walking home from school and stopping by the candy store for some penny candy. my mom or my neighbors sending me to the grocery store for this or that.... heck, if my mom did have any kind of official id for me she wouldn't have let me have it at that age!
it's horrible enough that kids that age can't be out roaming the streets like I was safely... I hope we never get to the point where they wouldn't be allowed to spend what little money that they get as an allowance, or for doing chores, or whatever because they are too young to be trusted with that precious id card!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Food stamp cards are ID cards.

Grocery cards are ID cards.

Credit cards are ID cards.

Your trying to get Uber specific and dancing, not us, to ignore a very valid point.

People use several type of ID cards. Almost no one unless they are very privacy conscious do not use them.

Considering 1 out of the 3 requires ID to even use, if you forgo a PIN, blows your claim out of the water. Payment and loyalty cards are not identification cards. Don't believe me? Try using your grocery loyalty card with a cop as ID. Betcha this doesn't go your way.
edit on 8/1/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Do lie to drum up support from your minions?
Got it

But if you pay by western union wire transfer you need id

If you pay by Check you need an ID. President Trump is old and probably still uses checks. Horrible I know.

Thats also not what he said.
He lied
Again

You're defending
Again

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
I consider my driver's license as being an ID.. I can't remember the last time I needed to take it out of my wallet.
like I said those little shopping cards you are talking about are not IDs... heck you really don't need to fill out the application that comes with it. if you don't believe me, next time you are asked by a cop, if you are ever asked by a cop, for your id, try giving them your shopping cards... does your shopping cards even have your name on it?? if so, my guess is that it's a membership card.
I had to shop at a local drugstore awhile back. I didn't have one of their cards, don't shop there often enough to add it to my collection.. so when I got to the cash register and asked the cashier if I needed one to take advantage of the sale price. was quite unhappy to learn that ya, I did and no, she didn't have one that she could use (krogers and food lion will do that) but then a kind lady behind me spoke up and asked the cashier if I could use hers.... sure, no problem!!!
you try asking a cop if the driver he just pulled over could use your driver's license because he doesn't have one, see how it works out for you!
they aren't ids!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

First prove that
Second it is not required to use id for groceries.
Thats a fact man.

If you dont have id you can still buy groceries.

Nothing I have said I'm this thread has been a lie.

Can't say the same for you or your ilk

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Food stamp cards are ID cards.

Grocery cards are ID cards.

Credit cards are ID cards

And yet- a) you do not SHOW it.
b) Having no picture, If someone were to find your food stamp, grocery, or credit card- and figured out the PIN numbers, they can simply drain your account. They do not need to prove it is them (or you, for that matter).
c) They are not used in place of a driver's license, or much else where a PICTURE ID, which is what people use for things like applying for credit, or a job, or when dealing with a cop. Also cannot use them for opening an account, applying for housing...

An ID is AN ID. These other things just show you're a part of a loyalty program, or have access to your money. You sound like the type of person who'd use their Cracker Jack Secret Agent Club card when a cop stops them for speeding.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If you pay via credit card or debit card without using the PIN, a lot of stores ask to see a photo ID.

correct.
all stores should ask
most stores dont

that is not what trump said

he said you need a photo ID with a picture on it to buy groceries
then he said to buy things you need an ID and the only time you dont in most cases is to vote for president

nothing about pin/credit transactions

On the back of my debit card, in the signature line, I have printed "Ask for ID"
Ive been carded 2x in last year.
No point, just a thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

First prove that
Second it is not required to use id for groceries.
Thats a fact man.

If you dont have id you can still buy groceries.

Nothing I have said I'm this thread has been a lie.

Can't say the same for you or your ilk

What the hell reality are they living in?? I feel like I'm listening to the backwoods types here in NC, who wouldn't know basic legality if it pzzed in their shoe.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Seems a bit ridiculous.

But you do need id if you want to buy important things. Like alcohol or cigarettes.

Trump is right though. You don't need ID to get a hooker.... I mean voting for politicians.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

But you do need id if you want to buy important things. Like alcohol or cigarettes.

but when you are carded for alcohol or cigs, they don't really care who you are but rather how old you are...
so they aren't using your id to validate your identity, just your age.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

I might be asked twice a year.

Thats because the method of payment though not cause I am buying groceries.

People are not getting that

The id requirements are for paying with a card. Not for buying groceries.

He is lying and his supporters are lapping it up

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with you but honestly I think part of the problem that we have is getting triggered and commenting on every stupid thing he says or does.

Its about picking your battles.

Sure Trump saying you need ID to buy a bottle of milk is just stupid, really, no other word for it. Yet the people who are going to defend him over this would defend him if they saw him beat a puppy and take a piss on lady liberty. We really don't need to jump every time he tweets or says something stupid, just let his words speak for themselves because the people who are going to defend him and make excuses for him over stuff like this just are not ever going to change their spots so your picking a battle you can never win.

Like I said, pick your battles.

Not a battle.
I just want to understand why the lie? It's a legit question.

Why not just say hey you need id for a check. Need id at Costco types. We need to crank up voter id yadda yadda.

Its just annoying.

And for the record these threads are so I can understand. This bothers me. Does not seem to bother most and I'm interested in why.

I think we're just becoming very jaded about Mr. Trump's continuous stream of lies. And his extemporaneous speaking style sounds like "Rain Man" anyway. That makes it easier to gloss over any point he's trying to make.

He reminds me of that braggart uncle most everyone has in their extended family. He can tell a good story. But you know everything he's saying is a lie, so you don't take him too seriously.

-dex

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Ok, so you don’t use grocery ID cards like Kroger’s, Costco, Sams, ets... to shop.

I would guess a majority, to vast majority of people who buy groceries do. I would guess even among ATS, who are more aware of tracking than the average citizen, have one or more of these type cards in their wallet/purse.

And how about those that use food stamps? They have to have ID.

To not get ripped off they about force you to have these cards.

So his point is valid. Even if you are in a minority who doesn’t use a shopping card id and pay more to get your groceries so you didn’t understand what he was alluding to.

No you’re just a liar lol so people need i.d to use food stamps, lol no one shopping for groceries where I live needs an I.d anyone barely uses checks and you all know it the lengths you guys are going to defend Trump for saying something stupid is frightening

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

He didn't eat his Cheerios. The man hasn't bought a grocery item in his entire life. He's probably never even been in a grocery store.
I use a credit card to buy groceries and I don't have to show ID. I don't even need to sign unless it's a big haul. You guys who live in the real world know this.
He also brought up the Merry Christmas issue. (Christmas in July is a popular theme. ) and apparently Happy Holidays is offensive all of a sudden.
All he is doing is throwing out words and issues he knows connect his base. Trigger themes and words.
Bet he mentioned guns, the second ammendment, Hillary Clinton, the FBI and collusion too.
If nothing else he knows how to work a crowd.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Maybe not.
That's not going to address illegal anythings.
It's a friggin hot button. That's all.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The actual definition of cult of personality is.

When a countries regime or more rarely an individual politician uses the techniques of mass media propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and gov oriented demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader often through unquestioning flattery and praise

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Like this ?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

wait so you need ID for everything apart from voting for who you'd like to be president !

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join