It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ok, so you don’t use grocery ID cards like Kroger’s, Costco, Sams, ets... to shop.

I would guess a majority, to vast majority of people who buy groceries do. I would guess even among ATS, who are more aware of tracking than the average citizen, have one or more of these type cards in their wallet/purse.

And how about those that use food stamps? They have to have ID.

To not get ripped off they about force you to have these cards.

So his point is valid. Even if you are in a minority who doesn’t use a shopping card id and pay more to get your groceries so you didn’t understand what he was alluding to.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It's not a lie. There are many times when you DO need an ID to buy groceries.
And he was making a point which you are obviously totally missing.

Ummm... when? I am on disability, and got (a whopping $10 in) foodstamps. I got the card, even. I did what I always have done- swipe the card, pay, leave. I have not *ever* had to 'pay with an ID'. The only, ONLY time I had to show ID for stuff i bought was in the military, and that was because of some backwards rule that you had to flash the thing for everything, up to and including a trip to the bathroom when the base was on super secret lockdown and SEALs roamed free. (The base I was on while in Japan was *constantly* being raided by the SEALs. *Annoying*. Then one day, the Japanese armed forces almost shot a bunch of them, and well- that stopped that BS.)

I have paid with cash, a debit card, and a gift card- never had to show an ID for any of them. I got more scrutiny if I brought in anything over a $20, but STILL have never been asked for an ID over it. Alcohol, YES. But, that is not groceries, per se.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Costco isn't the only place to shop either.
I go to a few grocery stores. I pay with my card using a signature and I hardly ever have to show id.

Also showing id when paying with a card is because you're paying with a card. Not buying groceries

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I know many people who pay for everything with cash. No ID needed to pay with cash.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Bull# again.
I've had the stamps and the card.
Swipe. Pin. Leave.
No id
Thats the reality

Again even if you had to show id it's because method of payment not because you must show id for groceries.

And I change my mind. I don't accept I missed the point. You guys are dancing again.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I know many people who pay for everything with cash. No ID needed to pay with cash.

But when you buy beer Murica
edit on 1-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

link   
Voter ID is one of the acceptable forms of identification when applying for food stamps.
Over 90% of the adult population drives to the grocery store to buy groceries.
There is typically a lot of political junk food at polling time and they put it down on the low shelves where the children can see it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
A typical scenario: Trump tells a bald-face lie, his cult laps it up, and his fanboy minions here on ATS go through mental gymnastics to try and make what he said factual. He made it up squids. He does it all the time. Wake the frick up.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: wylekat

Yup just one of those things that demonstrate how out of touch he really is.

I mean, how can a a billionaire, son of a property tycoon possibly have the kind of real world experience that he can relate to the man on the street.

What's truly damning is not a single, solitary one of them, him, or any politician would *dare* lower themselves to the level of the people they represent. Their ivory tower needs a good kicking.

Yup its a problem with most politicians these days but with Trump its probably even more profound.

Expecting a billionaire to have any idea about the daily challenge you face as a average Joe is delusional. Its worse with Trump because its not like he has ever known anything other than living as part of the 1%.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Food stamp cards are ID cards.

Grocery cards are ID cards.

Credit cards are ID cards.

Your trying to get Uber specific and dancing, not us, to ignore a very valid point.

People use several type of ID cards. Almost no one unless they are very privacy conscious do not use them.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Ok, so you don’t use grocery ID cards like Kroger’s,

those aren't id cards... they are either membership cards or preferred customer cards. I can't speak to the membership cards because I don't pay money to for the priviledge to shop at a store, but you don't need to present any form of identification with your application to get the kroger cards, or the food lion, or the tops... .
matter of fact... for the two I have.... I never filled out the application for them. the cards came attached to the application. I just took the cards, trashed the application and I still get to enjoy most of the features of the card..

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Food stamp cards are ID cards.

Grocery cards are ID cards.

Credit cards are ID cards.

Your trying to get Uber specific and dancing, not us, to ignore a very valid point.

People use several type of ID cards. Almost no one unless they are very privacy conscious do not use them.

He said id wth a picture actually
Grocery cards are membership not id cards
You

A membership card is not required to buy groceries

What don't you get
edit on 1-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

There are citizens who don’t use food stamp cards.

There are citizens who don’t use grocery cards.

There are citizens who don’t have credit cards.

EVERY citizen has a right to vote.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
it's illegal to use another person's driver's license as id...
and yet...
how often do you see people in grocery stores sharing their shopping cards with customers who don't actually have one? heck even the cashiers have one on their register that they will swipe if you happen to forget yours.

they aren't the same....

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Yeah. We need to get the fed to get it into the budget. Everyone’s first ID is free, after that, you gotta pay. It can’t cost that much. Some states charge like 5 dollars so you know it costs less than that to make and process them. How many people actually need an ID because they don’t have one already? Probably not that many if you think about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Voting is a right.

Yeah. Make ID’s free. There, solved.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Do lie to drum up support from your minions?
Got it

But if you pay by western union wire transfer you need id

If you pay by Check you need an ID. President Trump is old and probably still uses checks. Horrible I know.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If you pay via credit card or debit card without using the PIN, a lot of stores ask to see a photo ID.

Who does that anymore??

I did, yesterday.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yeah man, that IDing for groceries in America is a real bitch, lemme tell ya. The milk, meat, veggies, fruit and smoked cheddar I bought last week wrecked my ass in line. They wanted my ID, my BC, SS card, marriage certificate, blood sample and first born before I could even think about paying for any of it.

Give me a goddamn break, I didn't have to whip out anything but cash, I've never had to show ID to purchase food. And booze & beer, contrary to popular belief, isn't food (sorry Aug & DB)
And who the hell asks for ID for store loyalty cards? Albertson's never asked me for it, neither did Winn-Dixie. Speedway, Lowes, Walgreens, CVS and Family Fare don't, either.

I never even had to show my ID to get those, all I needed was a phone number to activate the plastic in-store, which also acts in place of the card registered to it in the event that it's lost. They just punch in the number instead, BTDT countless times -- been using an old number I haven't had in over a decade for the ExtraCare card because I lost it immediately. Over a decade ago.

Membership only stores don't even count. You have a CHOICE between them and conventional ones, nobody forces you to pick Costco over Safeway or Walmart. As a consumer, you've got the good ol' right to choose your poison supplier.

Geriatric basketcase in charge wouldn't know what grocery shopping actually is if his butler held his hand through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join