It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Which is the point I was making, that Trump is simply unable to communicate effectively. 

Lock him up and throw away the key!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, I have sort of an odd relationship with the truth and lies, which is why I have this propensity for wanting to avoid conversations dealing with them. Meaning, that I don't always believe a lie to be a bad thing, equally I don't always find the truth to be a good thing. If I had to nail down why I find Trump's lies more egregious, is something more benign, like "dude, if youre gonna lie, then make it for a damned good reason, not one that could negatively impact a wide swath of people".

As far as communicating effectively goes, you're probably correct there. I too doubg, many wars were begun that way. But do consider this little snippet, I think we should probably all agree that a simple fact-check on dialect could have kept us from perpetrating one of the worst humane crises known to man:

Anybody that’s ever studied history has at some point or another learned about the dropping of the atomic bombs ”Little Boy” and “Fat Man” by the United States on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This was the first and only time in history that nuclear weapons had ever been used in war. The importance of this event cannot be overstated, especially since it might have been avoided if not for a simple misunderstanding. This misunderstanding came from, you guessed it, a poor translation. When asked if Japan would surrender during World War II, the Japanese ruler used the word “mokusatsu” in response. Now what the Japanese word meant was “we withhold comment – pending discussion”, but when the response was sent to Washington the word was mistranslated to mean “We are treating your message with contempt”. This was picked up by the media and spread like a wildfire around the world. Undoubtedly frustrated by what he thought the response meant, and knowing he needed to respond sternly, President Truman decided that the atomic bombs were a perfect weapon to use. Why this message wasn’t more heavily scrutinized for any possible mistranslation seems very strange, but regardless, this simple mistake led to 150,000-250,000 people being either killed, injured, or exposed to radiation.

It's a little rough to swallow, the consequences that ensued for something so incredibly dumb.

Oh. You mean it was just an accident... (again) ?
Sounds legit.
They dont know why it wasn't checked more carefully. They just, dont know...
Sounds completely legit to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Obama was just as painful to listen to on a daily basis running his stupid mouth. He may have been smarter but he was still just an asshole in a suit put there to sell us crap we don't need for a price we don't want.

What a 1 dimensional definition of "smart" you have. "That guy is the smarter one cause talks gooder and stuff." Thats all it takes for you huh? Oratory skill is the only thing that matters?

This guy over here single handedly took on the entire Satanic Deep State, becoming POTUS against ALL ODDS... no matter what they do he is untouchable. Yeah but that other guy talks gud.

Obama won his elections with the full support of the media and Hwood and the Deep State. It would have been a total disgrace if he Didnt win with all that help. Trump did it with all those same forces AGAINST him. But you say Obama may be smarter??

OK bro.

FYI Trump himself IS nonPartisan. So is supporting him. He is a 3rd party/ independant party in his own making. He is neither Democrat or Republican. He just ran as an R because it's been historically the Only way to win a POTUS Election for a good long time now. But you know damn good and well he is no "full fledged" Republican. Conservative in many ways, yes. I guess you Could almost say he's a RINO. Either that or the Republican Party itself is going through some very drastic changes...

<< 31  32  33   >>

join