It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

A liar who does not speak in specifics.

Yeah that's great

No matter who it is I think the president should be as specific as possible when speaking to the nation.

Clearly some citizens don't feel how you do and it would be nice if they understand him.

I think he lied. Maybe I wouldn't if he said what he meant. I know he don't care but he should.

You guys made it clear after the not my president # that he is everyone's so it's about time he #ing acted like he cared about all citizens and but just his maga base.

Is that so bad?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Haha you'd be safe enough in my parts, it's beaches chilled out here

Seriously though say some nuclear plant went off (first thing popped into my head) and it forced hundreds of millions into states outside the danger zone. There is absolute societal collapse coming and you have no passport to escape it.
Would you not want to leave in such a circumstance? I would for sure if it meant I wasn't stuck in some disaster film Britain.
The passport is king of all ID though, all over the world, worth having one in my opinion, you never know.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You do realize that when you start a post with a conclusion like that, you pretty much invalidate the rest of what you say. A liar is someone who knowingly speaks falsehoods, sort of like the infamous "if you like your health care, you can keep your healthcare." That was a bald-faced lie. Trump saying that it takes ID to buy groceries in order to make a point that ID requirements are not disenfranchisement is not a lie; it is hyperbole at best.

I think he lied. Maybe I wouldn't if he said what he meant. I know he don't care but he should.

You guys made it clear after the not my president # that he is everyone's so it's about time he #ing acted like he cared about all citizens and but just his maga base.

Is that so bad?

Yes, he is the President. I'm glad to see you finally accepted that reality.

I would like more specifics though as to what Trump has done that is so terrible in your view. He has smoothed relations between us and North Korea, gotten NATO nations to up their contributions, cut taxes for everyone, improved the economy, reduced useless regulations, started a relationship with China, and is reducing anti-US tariffs in the EU. I consider all those good things, and honestly cannot understand why anyone would consider them otherwise. So exactly what has he done that is so terrible?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

DADE: I did. I talked with Rethel Frank(ph). She's 84 years old. She lives in Brokaw, Wisconsin, and she has an interesting story because she typifies what many seniors are experiencing. Many of them never had birth certificates to begin with, and if they did, they were incorrectly - their names were incorrectly put onto these documents. And if that's the case, then you're not going to get an ID. They will not accept discrepancies between your birth certificate and other forms of ID that you may have, like a Social Security card and those kinds of things.

MARTIN: And so you - what did she tell you?

DADE: Well, let's listen to what she had to say when I interviewed her.

RETHEL FRANK: I laid my baptismal certificate on top of the counter because I figured that all the information that they would need would be on that baptismal certificate and she looked at me and she said, well, this is illegal. She said, how do I know that you aren't an alien? I was - well, just like somebody took a pan and hit me in the face. I could have cried.

www.npr.org...

poor little old lady must be skin and bones by now, not being able to buy any food....

and here's a whole village of women who don't drive, living in upstate ny..

www.pri.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Haha you'd be safe enough in my parts

Wish I could believe that. I'm an old redneck with a sharp tongue... any time I hear anything about the UK, it sounds like I would be considered public enemy number one.

Scotland/Ireland sound nice enough, but I also hear it gets cold there. Redneck hate cold.

The passport is king of all ID though, all over the world, worth having one in my opinion, you never know.

There is one country I would consider moving to, if I could afford it. I won't say the name of it, simply because I like it the way it is from everything I have read, and people tend to foul any nest they think might be attractive to others. But it sounds like the perfect place for me to retire, disappear, and live the rest of my life in peace.

Maybe if I can ever afford to go, I'll get a passport... but most nations right now I would consider moving to as a death sentence. Might as well fertilize the ground here in that case.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Then we need to have a productive conversation about why this poor woman was denied a photo ID. That should never have happened. I am for voter ID laws, but I am also for allowing every single citizen to get a photo ID. This is more a reason why getting more government involved is a bad thing than a reason to say "Trump LIED!" This poor woman can't get a job, a bank account, or a driver's license. That is inhuman, and happens only because government refuses to bend when evidence shows that bending is needed.

I wonder how she gets electricity? Surely there's a power bill somewhere with her name on it. Surely there are dozens of people with ID who could vouch for her status.

As for the link, that again is a great example of people being held back by their community. If someone wishes to live in such a community, fine, their choice and I will support that. But if they want to leave... that is also their choice. I support that too.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

thanks for not answering me.

i have been very clear in the fact that i think he lied. i think he lies a lot.

i also said this could be misspeak but it is my opinion that he lied. i know what a lie is and i think he did.
i think he did it on purpose.

pandering to his base.

then look in here and see all the trump supporters that are lying as well. lying to try and justify or validate what he said.

you guys cant even agree on what he meant.

again, as the president that is addressing the nation he should speak in specifics.

you do not agree though of course. i dont see how

and i never denied he was my president. not a single time.

ive just been vocal about the fact i think he is an asshole and an idiot blowhard type. like much of his supporters.

i think he gets off on riling people up. i think he get off on seeing people at odds with each other and that is the reason he speaks generally and lies.

i dont like people like that.

i have also said he will do good things and he is not a monster.

from what i have seen and not just the last 2 years he is an asshole. he is a bully. he gets off on talking # and poking the bear.

the past 30 years of trump has led me to this opinion.

never said not my president. never said impeach.

just less than happy an asshole like that got elected.

i dont like him as a person and i dont have to.

does not change the fact that you and many others are still dancing around trying to make is statement true. trying to claim what he meant.

fact is you dont know and the fact is what he said is a lie.

bottom line

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ugh.. not sure why this is still going. He exaggerated, and who really cares honestly. He does it every day. Voter ID? ... sure fine, whatever, but it won't fix anything really. It's only as good as whatever ID you used to obtain said voter ID in the first place.

The point was simply that ID is required in many everyday things MOST people do

The other thing is why do Trump supporters feel the need to grossly exaggerate to try and back up Trump's ramblings? MOST people don't need an ID EVERYDAY to do anything. Most people can literally go weeks or MONTHS without having to show an ID. Self checkout in stores eliminates the need. The only time you need an ID is when buying something that requires a certain age for purchase (which has nothing to do with identifying a U.S. citizen... they want to make sure you are 21, not a U.S. citizen).

Trump makes crap up and rambles constantly.. at least own up to it, if you support him.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I get asked for my DL occasionally..even though I don't have anything that would require it..alcohol, cigs, cold meds...etc.

If you use a PIN they ask..if you write a check they ask..sometimes they just ask because they are doing random checks...

Unless they recognize you..be prepared to offer up ID for anything. Im in KY.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

she didn't have a photo id because an error was made on her birth certificate, so they rejected it even though she had a mass of papers I imagine to prove who she was. but, the thing is, she had gone just about her whole live without the photo id and didn't have any problem living or voting till the voter id was passed. she wouldn't of even had to have an id to get her electric turned on if she had been living where she is at long enough.. or if she had to move in with one of her kids or a nursing home because of her age. and she wouldn't have needed on to get a bank account if she had opened in a few decades ago.

I am sure that they could find a way to accommodate her to let her vote but if we go into this thinking that oh we all have photo ids and blah blah blah and refuse to acknowledge that some just might not...
then we will be less apt to bother coming up with those accommodations, won't we?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You do realize that when you start a post with a conclusion like that, you pretty much invalidate the rest of what you say. A liar is someone who knowingly speaks falsehoods, sort of like the infamous "if you like your health care, you can keep your healthcare."

Or, "Who's gonna pay for that wall?? Mexico is gonna pay for that wall!"

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Which isn't a lie. You missed the point of the post you replied to.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

When I listen to Trump, I am listening like I would listen to someone I know having a conversation with me.

See, now this is where I find a bit of a problem. Just curiousity (and assuming we're all being truthful with ourselves), how many people do you know or even best friends of yours, would you actually want to see leading this nation? For my part the answer is a resounding zero. I love them, they would die for me, do I think they belong in the drivers seat? NO way baby.

Words at their most basic are simply boxes to hold ideas.

True!

Better boxes may make for clearer transmission of those ideas, but are not required.
I honestly feel it IS required because (see below)

All that is required is for the idea to be transmitted.

Without knowing if that idea is going to be processed the way you want it to be (due to the inability to clearly vocalize your intent), is how we end up with what we've got here. TRN, sincerely you and I both know that wars have begun for less egregious offenses.

All I'm hoping for right now, is that he doesn't ignite a flame he has no way of putting out, and I dont mean war with a foreign nation, I'm talking another civil war and one thing about that I know for certain, is that an overwhelming majority of the population of the USA could never be prepared for such a thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: alphabetaone

Which isn't a lie. You missed the point of the post you replied to.

I didn't miss a thing, I felt like keeping the passive-aggressive playfield leveled. I know it wasn't a lie. Why don't you stop assuming you know everything.
Unless of course, you're making an admission that my post indicated a lie, while Rednecks' wasn't?
edit on 3-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

thanks for not answering me.

Maybe if you rephrased your question as a question?

I thought I did address your post.

you guys cant even agree on what he meant.

That comment is based on a belief that I am somehow part of some group that thinks alike. I am not. I like Trump for the reasons I outlined, and for the fact that he stirs things up. With all the buried corruption in Washington DC, a little stirring is what is needed IMO.

I have beliefs outside of what others might tell me I should think. I prefer to think for myself.

as the president that is addressing the nation he should speak in specifics.

Trump was not addressing the nation. He was addressing his base. It was a campaign rally, not the Oval Office.

from what i have seen and not just the last 2 years he is an asshole. he is a bully. he gets off on talking # and poking the bear.

Not going to argue with you on that. But he gets things done. That's the part I care about.

i dont like him as a person and i dont have to.

You're right. You don't have to like him. Of course, there's a difference between now and 8 years ago: you can say you don't like Trump without being branded a racist. I wish that had been the case back then.

does not change the fact that you and many others are still dancing around trying to make is statement true. trying to claim what he meant.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'dancing around.' I'm telling you how I perceive what was said and how it applies to the issues. If anyone is dancing around... well, to be honest, you started this post with an unsubstantiated opinion and have hit about a dozen different issues. I have been saying the same thing all along. Which one of us seems to be 'dancing around'?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hold up! Are you saying that trump doesn't knowingly lie? Clearly he does, and he doesn't speak in specifics. It's a conclusion that almost everyone that has more than 2 brain cells to rub together can reach with ease.

Starting a comment off with a fact does not invalidate an argument.

You guys really blow my mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

It's a conclusion that almost everyone that has more than 2 brain cells to rub together can reach with ease.

Bolstering your own opinion with a perceived safety net of labelling anyone who disagrees with you as having 2 brain cells or less weakens your argument and makes you look insecure.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

she didn't have a photo id because an error was made on her birth certificate, so they rejected it even though she had a mass of papers I imagine to prove who she was. but, the thing is, she had gone just about her whole live without the photo id and didn't have any problem living or voting till the voter id was passed. she wouldn't of even had to have an id to get her electric turned on if she had been living where she is at long enough.. or if she had to move in with one of her kids or a nursing home because of her age. and she wouldn't have needed on to get a bank account if she had opened in a few decades ago.

OK, that's fair enough... although a few decades ago I still needed ID occasionally. I'll grant the need wasn't nearly as prevalent, though.

But that still doesn't address the issue: what if she had needed to open a new bank account? Why was she denied a photo ID? I realize her birth certificate had typos... that was actually common back then. Big government, the kind that has to control every aspect of our lives, is the problem here, not the voter ID laws. This woman should have been able to get a photo ID! That is a much easier problem to handle than to try and change society so photo IDs are not needed.

I am sure that they could find a way to accommodate her to let her vote but if we go into this thinking that oh we all have photo ids and blah blah blah and refuse to acknowledge that some just might not...
then we will be less apt to bother coming up with those accommodations, won't we?

No.

The goal is not to deny people without an ID their right to vote... that's propaganda. The goal is to verify that every vote counts. I'm glad they ask for my ID when I vote, because if they didn't, anyone could walk up, say they're me, get my name wiped off the list, vote in my stead, and they have stolen my vote! Now, what's worse... I miss voting completely, or someone votes in my stead for the candidate I didn't want? The former puts my preferred candidate down one vote, while the latter puts them down one vote and gives another vote to the candidate I didn't want. The latter, having one's vote stolen, is twice as bad as the former, not being able to vote, because it skews the election twice as much.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: UKTruth

What's wrong with bashing the president? I've been here since Dubya's 1st term and that has been the norm.

Yep.

I was on a different site in 1999 - - there were no "soft balls" thrown from any side.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join