It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Do shop owners ask for ID when buying groceries? Simple answer is, yes, sometimes.
Ergo, Trump was correct - again, and liberals are wrong - again.

Do Police officers shoot people during traffic stops? Simple answer is, yes, sometimes.
Ergo, Police officers shoot people they pull over.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

it does seem strange that a lot of the people arguing this claim they get carded like all the time or carded for # the dont card for.

when i say i almost never get asked for ID i mean almost never. i can think of 1 time in the last 6-8 months and it happened a few weeks ago.
it was for $18 worth of pizza at a hood pizza shop that has banging pizza. mcnuggets behind the counter asked me for my ID.

i went to several stores today. spent over 100 bucks at one. no ID

we spend 150 a week on groceries. every week. my wife shops when i am at work on thursdays. she takes my debit card. has not been ID'd once in the almost 6 years she has been doing it.

but joe blow murica gets carded for pedialyte...
edit on 2-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Do shop owners ask for ID when buying groceries? Simple answer is, yes, sometimes.

Do Police officers shoot people during traffic stops? Simple answer is, yes, sometimes.
Ergo, Police officers shoot people they pull over.

Yes, they do. We know that. It's happened many times.
Good talk.

edit on 2/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Nyiah

it does seem strange that a lot of the people arguing this claim they get carded like all the time or carded for # the dont card for.

when i say i almost never get asked for ID i mean almost never. i can think of 1 time in the last 6-8 months and it happened a few weeks ago.
it was for $18 worth of pizza at a hood pizza shop that has banging pizza. mcnuggets behind the counter asked me for my ID.

i went to several stores today. spent over 100 bucks at one. no ID

we spend 150 a week on groceries. every week. my wife shops when i am at work on thursdays. she takes my debit card. has not been ID'd once in the almost 6 years she has been doing it.

but joe blow murica gets carded for pedialyte...

Lol, Joe Blow's Pedialyte claim is so full of crap. When I relayed that gem to my mother, boy, talk about a guttural belly laugh, "Dumbass, nobody's going to believe him. No store cards for THAT. Does he get carded for his coconut water, too? Poor liar, must suck when you have to lie that bad to look good."

I've been trying to think of the last time I got carded for anything, and I'm coming up fairly empty, at least for within the past few years. I was only carded for smokes a few times after I turned 18, I only bought from one tobacco shop & they knew me well over the years (hell, they never carded me before I was 18, but whatever) When I switched to ecigs to quit, I wasn't carded, but I don't think they technically had to yet when they were that new.

I got carded once at the neighborhood party store (MI term for liquor shop) and that was right after we moved in here. She hasn't carded me in over three and a half years. She's never asked my husband for his ID, I think the salt & pepper he's got going on is ID enough for most places for age-restricted stuff.
Come to think of it, the last time we got a biggie bottle of rum at Costco, the cashier waved his ID off & carried on scanning, and didn't ask for mine.

I write checks to the company we rent from, we take it in in person instead of mailing. They never ask for ID for that, either.

We usually get some groceries on Mondays before hubs goes to work, and then again on either Thursday or Friday if he doesn't have an OT day scheduled. Frankly, I find that short-term grocery shopping is MUCH cheaper than stockpile shopping is. It's so much easier to just get a few days' worth of fresh food for a few days than to attempt to plan out longer stretches, that inevitably ends up costlier because you just keep adding to the list instead of only getting what you need for those 3-4 days of meals.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

so, do you expect to be shot when a police officer pulls you over??

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

Yeah but Oz also has concentration camps off shore. Oh sorry I mean asylum seeker processing sites off shore.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

No, and Trump has ever said that. It’s a lie. So why would you say it? Because that’s what the press says.

Well, for starters I think best interests all around would be served by not assuming you know anything about what I do and why I do it.
Secondly there is no functional difference between attempting to make a distinction between "fake news" and "the press". It's not his job to ascribe negative nomenclature to the press...his only job in this regard is to set the record straight if he sees something being said that is blatantly false. Any thing else, no matter what you or I think, destabilizes the institution of free press. Sowing the seeds of division helps no one, and (any President) should aspire to rise above that crap and not incite violence which he has clearly done. Hoping for a distinguished gentleman as our President is not really equal to treating the Presidency as a throne, that's just dumb.

“President Trump habitually calls the press “the enemy of the people” — a loathsome calumny, redolent of dictatorships...”

There not a chance in hell I would ever believe that he said that. Half those words he couldn't pronounce.

We're really starting to drift away from the topic, so it's probably best left as is, at least from my perspective.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
from the rally

so he starts talking about voter ID
crowd is loving it

then he says when you go buy groceries you need a picture ID

then he says you go out and you want to buy anything you need iD. the only time you dont need ID in most cases is to vote for President.

what is the point in saying these things? jut to get people on board with his program?

it just makes me curious
misspeak?

dont matter anyway as its not important?

just seems like mr scream for fake news sure spews a lot of fake bull#. i just wonder why people eat it up.

feel free to attack now

yes. I get Id'd when I buy Sudafed from the pharmacy inside the grocery store. I also get ID'd when I buy alcohol with my grocery purchase in the checkout line. Any questions?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When do you turn 22 ?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My wife's U.S. Bank Debit/Credit card has the notice, only use for transactions with photo I.D., on it's face. Heck, she looks so honest, that hardly ever is she asked. But if some crook steals her purse, and runs up a ton of purchases, it's going to get interesting, as the bank knows full well, that she had them tag her card with that Photo I.D. required warning/restriction. I do think there will some really sorry store clerks, if they handled the card themselves to do those criminal transactions. Most card readers that you personally use, have the P.I.N. screen, to ward off criminals.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Trump often speaks in generalities... like someone saying "You need ID to buy beer." Technically, you do, but I haven't been carded in years. Maybe I just look old...

Anyway, the issue is that certain people want to take these generalities and make them specifics. Sorry, life don't work like that. The fact is that the majority of people do need ID to buy groceries. Now, is it possible for me to walk to the store and pay cash for a gallon of milk and then walk back? Yep! But I don't normally do that, primarily because it's almost ten miles to a decent grocery store and I'm old, and also because the milk would ruin before I got back home with it.

No, I jump in the car and drive to the store... that requires a photo ID. When I get there, I can be asked for my ID if I want some beer or wine, if I pay by check, or even if I swipe a bank card. If I were to want a pack of smokes (or what they call cigarettes since they put carpet glue in them to help the narrative that they're death in a 20-pack), I need ID. If I shop at a Sams or Costco, I have to show that ID. I have head of stores requiring ID if one used a large denomination bill to protect them from counterfeiting.

If I go to the bank to get the cash I paid for that gallon of milk, I have to show ID to get it.

And here's the important one... in Alabama, when I go vote, I have to show a picture ID.

Now, there are specifics in that... if three or more people with ID vouch for me in front of the examiners, I can still vote provisionally. If I can't afford an ID, the fee for a non-driver ID can be waived. But generally... yeah, I have to pay for a drivers' license so I can vote. And guess what? I like that! It means only people who are who they say they are get to vote here.

Of course, we still use paper ballots here, too... no Russian hacking going on in Alabama! I guess that's why we voted for Hillary in 2016... oh, wait, we didn't! Alabama went overwhelmingly for Trump with no Russian involvement!

The whole point of what Trump said is not that one must have a photo ID for the privilege of paying cash for a candy bar... it's that an ID requirement to vote is not discriminatory because ID is required for almost every aspect of normal daily life. Is it required in every single case? Can someone live a life without getting a photo ID? Theoretically, yes. But I doubt anyone living thusly would have the ability to get to the polls to vote! After all, they wouldn't have a car, or a phone (phone companies want to see some ID before installing a phone line, be it a physical ID or a bank card which requires one to get). There is no, zero, zip, ziltch, reason not to require an ID to vote... unless one wishes others to be able to vote illegally.

That is the reasoning so many are here supporting. The second I read about how voter ID is discriminatory, I automatically assume the person speaking is against fair elections and supports election interference... and when those same people then complain about Russian interference, well, it shows me they are the criminals who would like nothing better than to destroy the electoral process in America.

I'd like to see a law that says anyone who supports not requiring voter ID should be denied from ever voting again. That would do more for our election process than anything else. Of course, that means voter ID would be required to prevent them from voting, so it's really a double win.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

President Trump neither drinks alcohol beverages, or smokes cigarettes, that we know of. Now, who wants to bet that he does what my wife did, and puts photo I.D. required on his Debit-Credit bank cards? Can you imagine the party if some dimwit hacker got Trump's Bank Card, and went on a tear?? Just think how fast his banks would flag and freeze purchases of $300 a bottle Scotch Whiskey, off of his bank cards?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Ergo, some Trump supporters like you will excuse and defend him no matter how trivial the issue is.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Trump often speaks in generalities... like someone saying "You need ID to buy beer." Technically, you do, but I haven't been carded in years. Maybe I just look old...

Anyway, the issue is that certain people want to take these generalities and make them specifics. Sorry, life don't work like that. The fact is that the majority of people do need ID to buy groceries. Now, is it possible for me to walk to the store and pay cash for a gallon of milk and then walk back? Yep! But I don't normally do that, primarily because it's almost ten miles to a decent grocery store and I'm old, and also because the milk would ruin before I got back home with it.

No, I jump in the car and drive to the store... that requires a photo ID. When I get there, I can be asked for my ID if I want some beer or wine, if I pay by check, or even if I swipe a bank card. If I were to want a pack of smokes (or what they call cigarettes since they put carpet glue in them to help the narrative that they're death in a 20-pack), I need ID. If I shop at a Sams or Costco, I have to show that ID. I have head of stores requiring ID if one used a large denomination bill to protect them from counterfeiting.

If I go to the bank to get the cash I paid for that gallon of milk, I have to show ID to get it.

And here's the important one... in Alabama, when I go vote, I have to show a picture ID.

Now, there are specifics in that... if three or more people with ID vouch for me in front of the examiners, I can still vote provisionally. If I can't afford an ID, the fee for a non-driver ID can be waived. But generally... yeah, I have to pay for a drivers' license so I can vote. And guess what? I like that! It means only people who are who they say they are get to vote here.

Of course, we still use paper ballots here, too... no Russian hacking going on in Alabama! I guess that's why we voted for Hillary in 2016... oh, wait, we didn't! Alabama went overwhelmingly for Trump with no Russian involvement!

The whole point of what Trump said is not that one must have a photo ID for the privilege of paying cash for a candy bar... it's that an ID requirement to vote is not discriminatory because ID is required for almost every aspect of normal daily life. Is it required in every single case? Can someone live a life without getting a photo ID? Theoretically, yes. But I doubt anyone living thusly would have the ability to get to the polls to vote! After all, they wouldn't have a car, or a phone (phone companies want to see some ID before installing a phone line, be it a physical ID or a bank card which requires one to get). There is no, zero, zip, ziltch, reason not to require an ID to vote... unless one wishes others to be able to vote illegally.

That is the reasoning so many are here supporting. The second I read about how voter ID is discriminatory, I automatically assume the person speaking is against fair elections and supports election interference... and when those same people then complain about Russian interference, well, it shows me they are the criminals who would like nothing better than to destroy the electoral process in America.

I'd like to see a law that says anyone who supports not requiring voter ID should be denied from ever voting again. That would do more for our election process than anything else. Of course, that means voter ID would be required to prevent them from voting, so it's really a double win.

TheRedneck

youre doing what everyone else did too.

youre trying to spin it.

youre saying he was speaking in generalities and claim to know what he meant. when i do that i am called on it for assuming yet here you go.

the reality is you dont. driving a car. yeah you need ID for that. paying with a card or buying beer. yup. need ID

buying groceries though. nope. dont need ID for that

i wonder why so few can just admit that it is not true.

you posted a small essay defending it and giving reasons why it is true when it is not.

how come it is only ok to assume to know what he means when you are defending him but if someone like me assumes to know what he means in any sort of negative way we are called out cause we cant possibly know?

hoe exactly does that work?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: TinySickTears

My wife's U.S. Bank Debit/Credit card has the notice, only use for transactions with photo I.D., on it's face. Heck, she looks so honest, that hardly ever is she asked. But if some crook steals her purse, and runs up a ton of purchases, it's going to get interesting, as the bank knows full well, that she had them tag her card with that Photo I.D. required warning/restriction. I do think there will some really sorry store clerks, if they handled the card themselves to do those criminal transactions. Most card readers that you personally use, have the P.I.N. screen, to ward off criminals.

come on man.
its not cause she looks so honest. it is because 99% of the time you swipe your card yourself and either key a pin, hit yes, or maybe sign.
the cashiers hardly ever even handle the card so that is what she hardly ever gets asked even if she has show ID plastered on it.

either way, even when using that method of payment with show ID plastered on it, she still rarely has to show ID.
you just said it yourself.

so you must show ID yet she rarely has to show ID

you must show ID to buy groceries yet myself and many others in this threads are almost never asked for ID

you have to show ID except just yesterday at multiple stores all paid with a card yesterday i did not get asked for ID one time.

30 pages. im still get spun round baby right round like a record baby
edit on 3-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
In order to drive to the grocery store, you need photo ID to enter, exit, and re-enter, and re-exit your vehicle from home to the grocery and back again.
Some cards, including debit cards have photo ID, and some require presentation of photo ID in order to complete a purchase where a photo is absent, though clerks often overlook this.
In order to withdraw money to make a cash purchase from a bank in order to acquire groceries, a photo ID or an ATM card that often has a photo ID is required. Cameras also photograph the users of the ATM for security purposes.

The question isn't whether an American should be required to present photo ID during the routine of purchasing groceries. The question is whether illegal immigrants can vote and change the laws of a country not their own, without the same ID that remains ubiquitous in the most basic daily routines.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

okay it's a generality...
here's another generality...
most of us are of christain heritage...
becomes we are a christian nation...
so, well, guess we can tear down the mosques now since everyone is christian?
really though, I think you would have to reverse that to fit it in with trump's you need an id to buy groceries though since I think most of us aren't finding ourselves having to pull out our id at the cash register. even if you include those buying beer and cigs, the majority in that group would probably be old enough that they are no longer being asked for id.

no one's answered me as to just what documents they need to present to get their photo id though, have they...
ya know it stands to reason that if those documents were good enough to prove who you are to get the photo id, they should also be good enough for you to get a job, a bank account, everything but the right to drive down our streets, and more often than not, they are. that little photo id is just another piece of convenience so you can keep those other documents locked away safe.
you might as well be saying that most of us drive cars so we have photo ids, turn that into we need a photo id to do anything in this country so obviously we all have one... so we can demand that id when you vote and it will harm no one..
I can think of a few groups that it could harm, not too surprisingly they seem to be groups that would tend to lean more towards democrats... stay at home moms (women not wantng the kitty grabbed)... elderly (wanting not to be pushed over that cliff), disabled ( still irked about trump mocking them), those who are too poor to have a car (who surprisingly can still get food stamps and such by the way because, all that other documents can be substituted for the photo id, matter of fact, some of it is required regardless of weather you have a photo id or not.

seems to me, if you want to see just how much more secure our voting system would be if a photo id is needed, all you have to do is look around and see just how many minors are out there consuming alcohol... there's seems to be an easy work around to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Mastercard and Visa explicitly state that businesses cannot ask for ID when using their cards.

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

You need id to drive.
Not buy groceries.

Still spinning. You are all holding strong after 30 pages.
Assuming. Spinning. Anything to defend

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You Have to show ID to get groceries.

You Will get shot by a policeman if you get pulled over.

Make sense?
edit on 3-8-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join