It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Everybody with a brain cell knows that DT did not mean that you have to show ID just to buy a sack of groceries. Logical thought tells one that he meant that sometimes, depending on the amt. and method of payment, you will have to show ID. The point was simply that ID is required in many everyday things MOST people do, and common sense dictates that ID should be required to vote in today's America when millions and millions are here illegally.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Common sense would suggest that he exaggerated to make the point about voter ID. I don't think it's that complicated and I don't think it's particularly heinous that he didn't go into the specifics of when you do and don't need an ID to buy groceries. It may have been a bit boring to listen to.
That you even focused on that part of his speech is odd. I would have thought a discussion about voter ID would be more useful. Does his statement change that important discussion in the slightest?

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

OK, but can you answer my question?
If he had said 'sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries' would that have been true?

loaded question but i will answer if i can elaborate cause if i just say yes that is not the full answer.

yes you do.

as in you need ID to buy groceries if you are paying with a card

can you do me the same courtesy? you can explain even though this is a yes or no question. yours was not.

youre still trying to dance.

i think we all can admit nothing more is ever going to come from this thread but i will stay in for the long haul if you want to keep going.
to be fair though no matter what is said shy of he lied or misspoke i will think you dancing around trying to defend or that you are lying.

those are really the only options if you still are on with the needing ID to buy groceries.

so now my question. remember, i answered yours

if he had said you always need ID to buy groceries would that have been true?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Common sense would suggest that he exaggerated to make the point about voter ID. I don't think it's that complicated and I don't think it's particularly heinous that he didn't go into the specifics of when you do and don't need an ID to buy groceries. It may have been a bit boring to listen to.
That you even focused on that part of his speech is odd. I would have thought a discussion about voter ID would be more useful. Does his statement change that important discussion in the slightest?

youre right but i still save room for he lied which i still think and i think he did it for a reason or he misspoke.

it is not complicated and it is not heinous that he didnt go into specifics and it is not heinous even if he lied. it was a stupid lie if it was one that normal people know is simply not true.

i thought it interesting to pot the thread to see if the usual people come in the with usual defense of him cause he can do no wrong and it happened. it is still happening.

like it or not we dont have to discuss what you want to talk about.

i decided to experiment and start this thread cause i felt like talking about it. seems like a lot of other people did too.

i did it to amuse myself and i am amused because what i thought was going to happen happened.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

You provided no context whatsoever. All you said was "people hold him to standard they themselves are unable to live up to" There's no context in that statement, it paints with an intentionally wide brush. So, I responded with an intentionally wide brush. That being that, a) im a people, b) I exceed by many orders of magnitude the ways in which I expect the President of The United States to live up to. 

Yes I did. You just didn’t read any further.

If you want to treat the office of the president like a throne, or the pope, be my guest. Personally I’m through with that hokum. I want someone who can do the job, who can deliver results, not someone who will make me feel good when they talk.

So let me ask you Words, do you think the press is the enemy of the people? Forget about individual sources of the press and focus on the press in it's entirety, do you think they collectively are an enemy of the people?

No, and Trump has ever said that. It’s a lie. So why would you say it? Because that’s what the press says.

Here’s an example, but take note of where the quotes begin and end:

“President Trump habitually calls the press “the enemy of the people” — a loathsome calumny, redolent of dictatorships...”

www.washingtonpost.com...

So is that true? If it is, surely you can find me one explicit quote of trump saying “the press is the enemy of the people”. You cannot. He doesn't call the press the enemy of the people, certainly not the free press or journalists the enemy of the people. So what does he call the enemy of the people? Fake news is the enemy of the people.
edit on 2|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

OK, but can you answer my question?
If he had said 'sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries' would that have been true?

if he had said you always need ID to buy groceries would that have been true?

No, it wouldn't.
He didn't say that though did he?

Moreover, as I mentioned above, I don't get why it's a story. Are you telling me you don't understand that he was exaggerating to make the point about voter ID? Do you actually believe he thinks - or was even trying to get ANYONE to believe - you need an ID to buy a loaf of bread?

If you want to call this a lie then that's up to you. I just don't see the relevance. What I took away is that you need an ID for many everyday tasks and yet you don't need one to vote - one of the most important things a person can do. That, to me at least, is the discussion, not whether he said 'sometimes' or 'always'. The need to constantly pick apart what he says to find fault when there is a very clear and obvious larger discussion to be had is indicative of the rather silly division that exists in society today.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What's the point of focusing on one detail and completely missing the message? There's any number of reasons that you might be asked for ID while you're buying groceries depending on how you pay or if you decide to pick up some alcohol or sinus medicine, the left seems much more concerned with the words being used than the message being sent.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

OK. So you wanted to bait people with a silly attack to stir up some more division for a laugh. Fine. At least you are honest about it.

For the record, if Trump actually does something worthy of criticism you will find many of his supporters call him out on it, like the missile strike on Syria. But you'll have to forgive us if we don't buy into the meaningless and childish attacks on him - which makes up 99% of the anti-Trump rhetoric.
edit on 2/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

umm.. the first I heard about it was this thread, not msn??? don't really think I've took the time hear hear msn's take on it.
it's concerning to me to think that so many are willing to go along with the untruth that he said...
that you need an id to buy....
are yous all so eager to have a world where we all need some official id in order to buy things? what happened to that "just let me have my guns and an acre or two of land and leave me alone" self sufficiency? that oh, the new world order, mark of the beast bit??
it's concerning to me that we teach our kids not to lie, and then have a president that so often tells lies that are so obvious... and this one, every kid over the age of five will know isn't true...
it's concerning to me that there really was no reason to lie, that the debate for voter id can be made effectively without any lies, certainly without such obvious, blatant lies
it's concerning to me that people on this thread will say such things like you must not be productive if you don't have a photo id, or that if you are depending on cash and don't have one you must be a criminal. a sad thing happens when you age... your eyesight gets poorer, your reflexes slow down and you may find yourself not being able to safely drive anymore and lose your license... and if that has happened, well you might not have seen any reason to spend the money for an official photo id. this can and does happen and many of those people that it has happened to have spent more years in the labor force working much harder than you!! how dare someone say that well they aren't productive, we don't want someone like that voting!!
i ain't responding with anything from msn... I am responding on just what I am reading on this thread! trumps words is nothing compared to the bs on this thread!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Its not silly when I and a lot of other people on here are constantly called libtards and told we are triggered and how our # is always fake news.

So yeah I was amused by this. I don't feel like I baited anyone as I never said anything untrue and never tried to pass my opinions off as fact.

I've also said a lot of the attacks on him are bull# and I said he will do some good things.

I wanted to prove a point to myself at least and I feel I did.

Also this has always been about the people here defending him and not him.

Hilarious it got to dictionary definitions and saying you can't have cash with no id unless youre a criminal.

So after constantly being talked # to cause I'm a leftist libtard and after constantly being told I want thing I don't want this was nice.

I got to see a thread full of mostly blatant liars and spinsters. Just as I expected.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Its not silly when I and a lot of other people on here are constantly called libtards and told we are triggered and how our # is always fake news.

Well, that you started this thread, for the reasons you admitted, would seem to add some credence to the accusations you mention.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Cause starting a thread means triggered?
Or you could believe what I say cause I say what I mean.

Way back in the beginning I said I'm interested at what people will say and it was a slow day at work and I was amusing myself.

The opposite of triggered.

Some people say what they mean. I do

So instead of making assumptions how about just listen to what I say.

There is a thought huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

His username is fake mate so don’t expect truth in his comments

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
on a side note, your visa card might not be accepted at some kroger stores in california for awhile...
something which by what I read might be expanded....
oh, my, what will all those people do, how will they buy their groceries!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Way back in the beginning I said I'm interested at what people will say and it was a slow day at work and I was amusing myself.

There is a thought huh?

I did listen to exactly what you had to say.
You said you started the thread to entice Trump supporters in to amuse yourself.
That's odd behaviour.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There is a thought huh?

You said you started the thread to entice Trump supporters in to amuse yourself.
That's odd behaviour.

youve seen me around long enough to know i am an odd guy

i was honest about it though. thats why i dont feel i baited anyone.
i was honest with my intentions and people posted anyway.

it is what it is

not liked i pulled a sacha coen and used trickery
edit on 2-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I field tested this. Thank me later.

Today, bought some Potatoes, cookies and Ice tea. Seemed like a very subversive, anti establishment, dangerous purchase. I was very nervous as I went to the checkout lane. I did the express, since I only had three items. I say potatoes but in reality it was potato wedges.

I.DID.NOT.GET.CARDED.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

29 PAGES OF THIS GARBAGE?!??!!??!?!

You need a hug.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Just spent 30 at a kids clothes store and 16 for mall food. Paid with card. No id. No pin. No signature.

Probably be different at Costco if I'm buying naptha.

Try one more experiment. Go spend about $600+ at a store you don't normally go to, pay for it with a credit card, and see if they ask for additional ID.

ETA: Wait. You aren't from USA?

WTF, lmfao, who drops $600 in one shot on groceries? XD

I've never spent over $150 in any given week, our monthly budget varies from $400 to $600 to feed 5 healthfully and I'm not stupid enough to try to buy $600 worth of fresh food for the month at once, that's asking for either a lot of spoiled food or trying to eat way too much food before it rots XD

I HAVE, however, dropped about $800 on appropriate winter clothes & shoes for 5 people when we first moved here (can't walk around in MI winter in flip-flops, tank tops and shorts) and an appliance, all from Meijer. They didn't card us for the spree, WTF.

Where the hell are people buying their stuff at where they claim they get ID'd for food, electrolyte solutions, paint, etc? Prison commissaries?

Edit: And we took my mother shopping for groceries this afternoon, she used a CC, and Aldi, like any other time prior, didn't ask for her ID. If anybody wants me to ask, I can ask her if ANY business has ever asked for her ID when she uses her CC. Offhand, I don't recall her ever whipping out her ID when she used her cards.
edit on 8/2/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There is a thought huh?

That's odd behaviour.

youve seen me around long enough to know i am an odd guy

i was honest about it though. thats why i dont feel i baited anyone.
i was honest with my intentions and people posted anyway.

it is what it is

not liked i pulled a sacha coen and used trickery

Fair enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join