It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

I wasn’t talking about those standards, as is evident by following sentences. This is why quoting out of context is an idiot’s game.

You provided no context whatsoever. All you said was "people hold him to standard they themselves are unable to live up to" There's no context in that statement, it paints with an intentionally wide brush. So, I responded with an intentionally wide brush. That being that, a) im a people, b) I exceed by many orders of magnitude the ways in which I expect the President of The United States to live up to.

You fact check politicians. But no one fact-checks those who inform you. That doesn’t sound very bright if you ask me.

It isn't bright, which is why I don't rely on a single source to make up my mind for me if I'm uncertain about it. There does exist though, things in commonly accepted knowledge. I will go back to one of Trump's statement he made while on the campaign trail "The GDP is below zero! Who ever heard of that?!" Well no one, because it's effin impossible, common knowledge, yet zombies clappin and screamin Make America Great Again directly afterwards...how can you even approach making America great again, when you don't pay attention to the things you think you should be fighting for or against with some semblance of intellectualism attached to it?

I said the media’s base.

You in fact did, I'll give you that one.

No it isn’t. Their job is to inform the public.

Which is a form of accountability OR a check and balance.

It’s called a metaphor.

Ok if it was, then it was, I don't really wanna argue that.

So let me ask you Words, do you think the press is the enemy of the people? Forget about individual sources of the press and focus on the press in it's entirety, do you think they collectively are an enemy of the people?
edit on 2-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: TinySickTears

I get ID’d almost every time I go grocery shopping. I usually have beer in there.

President Trump says he doesn't ever drink alcohol, though.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Just spent 30 at a kids clothes store and 16 for mall food. Paid with card. No id. No pin. No signature.

Probably be different at Costco if I'm buying naptha.

Try one more experiment. Go spend about $600+ at a store you don't normally go to, pay for it with a credit card, and see if they ask for additional ID.
edit on 2-8-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

ETA: Wait. You aren't from USA?
edit on 2-8-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If you pay via credit card or debit card without using the PIN, a lot of stores ask to see a photo ID.

That and if you have cigarettes or alcohol in your cart, you're going to be ID'd.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

unless of course, there are wrinkles around your eyes and strands of grey in your hair...
then...
NO YOU DON'T!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

lol if I go and try to buy $600 using my debit card at the present moment..
all I am gonna get is an insufficient funds error message...
I hope!!! other wise, I would be facing daily penalty fees till I can come up with about $600...

your previous post to me so much more sense to me than this trying to make an untruth somehow true...
especially since there are plenty of 5 year olds out there that have had the experience of buying something at the store and they danged well that they didn't need to present any for of ID!!

not all of us even hold jobs.... remember those dearly beloved stay at home moms??
not all of us fly on planes, I am close to 60 and I have never flown on one.
heck some of us are a little weird... they don't want anything to do with banks, they are a tad bit paranoid about leaving a trail as to what they are spending their money on. others may feel that their money is safer stashed in their mattress...
just because some of us might have a tendency to ring up $600 of credit card debt doesn't mean we all do it. or that we all even have credit cards. not all of us buy cigs or alcohol or need an id if we do buy it.
some of us get by just fine without a driver's license.
we all don't live like you do so quit trying to make it out like we do!!!
you want voter id, that's fine, but you need to accept the fact that there are probably many in this country, american citizens, that don't have that at the moment and some of them might need a little help getting it weather that be an exemption of the fee, or riding the little old lady from her nursing home to the dmv!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Just spent 30 at a kids clothes store and 16 for mall food. Paid with card. No id. No pin. No signature.

Try one more experiment. Go spend about $600+ at a store you don't normally go to, pay for it with a credit card, and see if they ask for additional ID.

600 for groceries?

Ok how about paying cash

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

are we justifying this by amount spent now?

it is no secret they ask for ID with credit card purchases. sometimes.
5 bucks or 500.
it happens sometimes.

that does not equal need ID to buy groceries.

im from the states

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

600 for groceries?

Ok how about paying cash

Months shopping for a family... easy... especially as it will often include alcohol which is regularly bought as part of the grocery shopping run.
People generally don't use cash for transactions that high.
edit on 2/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

5 bucks or 500.
it happens sometimes.

Yes, indeed it does.
So we now agree that sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries.
So your issue is what exactly? That Trump didn't say "sometimes"???

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

600 for groceries?

Ok how about paying cash

Months shopping for a family... easy... especially as it will often include alcohol which is regularly bought as part of the grocery shopping run.

i wonder if i say it in clicks would you all get it

you would have to show ID for the credit card payment maybe
you would have to show ID for the hooch more than likely if they do their job

still dont have to show ID for the groceries though.

so if i were with you and you paid for the hooch with a card and i paid for the groceries with a gift card or cash or apple pay or android pay i would have to show ID?

i think not sir

for the record i know # about apple and android pay. i think you just swipe your phone or something.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

not everyone has the storage for a month's worth of groceries and not everyone's monthly grocery bill is that high...
we all don't live like you!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
but you don't "need" the id to buy your groceries...
you just are making choices that leads to you needing that id..
it's your desire for convenience that is making it necessary, not the buying of groceries!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

not everyone has the storage for a month's worth of groceries and not everyone's monthly grocery bill is that high...
we all don't live like you!!

Ok, but that brings us back to the question I asked.
Is the issue that Trump didn't say "sometimes"?

Think about it - are you all really so shocked because Trump said "you need an ID to buy groceries" instead of "sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries". Seriously, it doesn't change his point at all - which was about ID's for voting. It just amazes me how people can get upset over absolutely nothing just because the MSM create a news cycle out it.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

How does this prove you need ID to buy groceries?

Oh that's right...
IT DOESN'T

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

5 bucks or 500.
it happens sometimes.

Yes, indeed it does.
So we now agree that sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries.
So your issue is what exactly? That Trump didn't say "sometimes"???

no. we dont agree at all.
youre not stupid so i can only assume you are #ing around.

sometimes you need ID when you pay for something, various things from various stores with a credit card. if you buy those same exact items at the same exact store but do not use a card you do not have to show ID.
thats a fact.

you are showing ID for the credit card.
thats a fact

the ID is not for buying the groceries.

thats another fact

its not that some of the things you are saying are untrue. not all of them

if you buy beer with your groceries you do have to show ID

thats just a piece of spin from you to try to avoid admitting he lied or misspoke and to avoid admitting you have been trying to defend him even though he lied or misspoke.

to be clear i think he lied.

i think he did it on purpose cause it would spark people like you to defend and you did it.

i think you are all being played for fools.

i think he is building this cult of personality and you guys are in deep

i also think he is not a monster and a LOT of the # he gets attacked for is stupid.
i have never once advocated for him to be removed or impeached. not a single time

i think he will accomplish some good things. like i said. he is not a monster.

what i did say is i dont like him. i think he is an idiot and the sooner he gets voted out or this next 4 years(i think he is going to win again) is up the better.

my opinions

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh that's right...
IT DOESN'T

As usual, you missed the entire convo in your hurry to be snarky, and came in on the tail-end. ~sigh

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh that's right...
IT DOESN'T

How would you know unless you've tried to buy 600.00 in groceries. And then i'd ask where did this take place, and does it happen on a mass scale or only within a specific geographic location? Banks only let people transefer so much money now before asking consumers Why When Where questionologies.

You can't just say ' IT DOESN'T' if you don't know all the facts. Right?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

OK, but can you answer my question?
If he had said 'sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries' would that have been true?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

say "sometimes"?

Think about it - are you all really so shocked because Trump said "you need an ID to buy groceries" instead of "sometimes you need an ID to buy groceries". Seriously, it doesn't change his point at all - which was about ID's for voting. It just amazes me how people can get upset over absolutely nothing just because the MSM create a news cycle out it.

first even though you did not address me lets be clear. i am not upset at all.
i figure him for a liar and this was an easy one to spot.

i am not shocked but amused and a bit taken back by all the pages of all the deflections that others as well of yourself have thrown out there.
that was the entire point of this thread.

it took pages and pages for someone to even say he probably misspoke. it was pages and pages of what trump really meant even though if someone from the 'other' side speaks of what he really means they are called out for assuming something they cant know.

what would have been so bad for someone, anyone to just say yeah he was wrong. yeah he misspoke.

i dont get it

all you trump defenders dont even have the same thought of what he meant so maybe he should say what he means.

ive been told if i had a couple brain cells i could have gotten from the context that he meant paying with a card.

but someone said he meant paying with a check
someone else said he was talking about when you buy beer

another said he meant if youre buying cold meds

so which is it?

do i believe you that he meant this or do i believe someone else that he meant that?

or do i believe him cause he said it which means he is either lying or bigly stupid?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join