It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

so, while SOME people might need a photo id to buy some things from their grocery store... anyone, including a five year old can go into that store and buy a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and jelly if their mom gives them the cash to pay for it!!!

Note to DNC, need to stage throwing a five year old up against the wall at Albertson's.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: NJE777

Trump isn't president of Australia, so Australian laws and regulations are not relevant to this discussion.

Unless we’re talking about gun laws, then Australia magically becomes very, very relevant.

As far as trumps comment, have you heard of exaggeration? Politicians sometimes use it to make a point.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeah that's simple. Rolls eyes.
Here's more simple the way you see simple...
She doesn't drink. She's a stay at home who is not yet 21. She takes a ten to the market to buy milk and eggs and some chop meat. She walks because shes less than a block away.
She doesn't even need a purse. Certainly not any ID. She comes home with everything she went for plus a chocolate bar because it's that time and she's craving chocolate...Simple... Right? Tee hee

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dawgishly

so, what was his point??
that you need a photo id to live in this country so we all must have them on hand??

what documentation did you need to get that photo id???
birth certificate?? social security card??
those are the two most important documents you need to guard with your life.
the ones you can't live without.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Dawgishly

so, what was his point??
that you need a photo id to live in this country so we all must have them on hand??

what documentation did you need to get that photo id???
birth certificate?? social security card??
those are the two most important documents you need to guard with your life.
the ones you can't live without.

I would have thought it fairly obvious that his point was that you should need ID to vote.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah, but if she popped into the grocery store to buy alcohol she'd be asked for ID.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Here you can buy beer in grocery stores. In some states you can also buy wine.
You can only buy alcohol from a licensed liquor store or in some states only from the alcoholic beverage control or ABC stores. You're not getting gin where you buy your milk.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Here you can buy beer in grocery stores. In some states you can also buy wine.
You can only buy alcohol from a licensed liquor store or in some states only from the alcoholic beverage control or ABC stores. You're not getting gin where you buy your milk.

Yeah - and beer is alcohol that you may be asked for an ID to buy - from the grocery store.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

and he had to make up a lamb brained story to convince people of that??
well, considering how lightly he takes security of our election system when it comes to foreign agents hacking into computers of political parties and state election systems...
maybe that is the best he can come up with without sound hypocritical, don't know....

I'm sorry, but you should be able to make the case for voter id using well established facts!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

lol... I could buy cigs, beer, wine, rum, ect...
without an id... as can most people once their hair starts greying.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hopefully the president will clarify this tonight but then again I think Trump likes living rent free in the ops head.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

and he had to make up a lamb brained story to convince people of that??
well, considering how lightly he takes security of our election system when it comes to foreign agents hacking into computers of political parties and state election systems...
maybe that is the best he can come up with without sound hypocritical, don't know....

I'm sorry, but you should be able to make the case for voter id using well established facts!!!

Well, when the alleged hacking occurred it was Obama in charge, so I guess no one takes it that seriously - probably because it's not a serious issue. Certainly far less of an issue than ensuring that only citizens vote.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
and living people... don't forget all those dead people and that get out of death card they get to play every year!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Five minutes ago I spent $113 at Walmart, swiped my card and hit sign for purchase then it said approved. No id needed.

This just happened. It said remove card and I got receipt. I know. If I had alcohol I would have had to show and that's what trump meant.

Haha

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Did you use a debit card or a credit card?

Usually, here, if you use a debit card, no additional ID is required.

If you pay with a credit card, and the amount is over about $200 or so, they will additionally ask to see your DL. Maybe different states have different policies.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If you live in India, Yes. - as of recent.

North America, No unless a specific establishment forbids cash.

Do I prefer Cash to DigiCash? You bet.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

and that is all irrelevant...
he said you can't buy groceries, you can't buy anything, without an id...
I don't have any credit cards... many people don't..
so what you are saying doesn't effect us...
we just bypass the situation you are talking about.
you can buy groceries without having a credit card..
you can buy groceries without an id..
I've been doing it a couple times a week for far too long for you or anyone to convince me you can't!!!

some of yous just open yourself up to having to present your id at the cash register by the choice you make!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Debit processed as credit

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Well, in all honesty, dawnstar, I think what he was getting at is that in the real world, ID is required for many many things we do, like travel, driving, writing a check (if you actually still do that), getting hired at a new job, applying for insurance, or purchasing things with a credit card.....a thousand and one different things.

I doubt he has been grocery shopping himself in decades, if ever. He simply was stating a common sense fact, that we are required to have ID in many aspects of life. Voting is a sacrosanct privilege for the citizens of our country, and common sense dictates that ID should be required.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just spent 30 at a kids clothes store and 16 for mall food. Paid with card. No id. No pin. No signature.

Probably be different at Costco if I'm buying naptha.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join