It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Lol.
I buy alcohol at a grocery store.
Here's the groceries section at Tesco ... check out the drinks ...
Tesco Groceries
Amazing the mental gymnastics you guys will go through to make yourselves believe you are right.
I see kids trying to buy wine at the grocery store all the time - they get asked for ID.
You can't change reality, you can only pretend.

edit on 2/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

no he said that you needed an id to buy your groceries, you needed your id to buy anything...
the point he was making was that you can't buy anything, do anything without an id...
the only thing you can do without one is vote, so what's the harm in demanding id when voting.
well, demanding a photo id probably will effect some people, I imagine if those effected care about their right to vote will solve the problem on their own. the few that can't find a way around it I am sure we could find a workaround so they can have their photo id.

Trump has been president long enough for me to know not to take much stock in what he says...
so it doesn't surprise me that he said this non-truth. which, ya, kind of disturbs me. if any of us had any belief whatsoever that we could trust our president to be truthful... well, he's killing that belief probably once or twice a day with these blatant lies and this one more than like every kid in this country can identify this as a lie since they've all gone into stores, picked out what they wanted, and gave the cashier their money and walked out with what they bought...
even five and six year olds... are you telling me that five and six year olds are carrying photo ids around? didn't think so!

so then this thread comes up... and look how so many come out and twist and turn to make an untruth, truth. and then the well, if they don't have a photo id then they must not be that productive anyways.... do we really want them voting??

lol... trump doesn't drive, does he? since the driver's license is the most commonly form of photo id.... and he's such a recognized person... can't help but wonder....
does he have a photo id???
obama let his driver's license die while in office, why not, you don't let the president drive himself around anyways.
can't help but wonder... did he??
do presidents need passports as they travel around the world?

do rich famous people who fly around in private jets?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Like I said
They sell lots of things that are not groceries.
You know this.

You can get fire wood at one by me.

Are those groceries?

You guys are doing the dancing.

You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it but keep on keeping on.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol.
I buy alcohol at a grocery store.
Here's the groceries section at Tesco ... check out the drinks ...
Tesco Groceries
Amazing the mental gymnastics you guys will go through to make yourselves believe you are right.
I see kids trying to buy wine at the grocery store all the time - they get asked for ID.
You can't change reality, you can only pretend.

"B-b-but method of payment, not groceries!"

"Payment for what?"

"N-n-not groceries!"

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The simple fact is that you do get asked for ID when buying groceries - sometimes.
It's not debatable.
If you'd like to debate whether Trump was exactly correct, then I'd be on your side. You don't have to always use ID and you don't need an ID for everything. However, the media (and threads like this) are not about that. They are designed entirely to mock 'oh look, Trump thinks you need ID to buy groceries...hahahaha'. It's pretty pathetic - far more so that Trump's exaggerations.
No one except childish, bitter ant-Trumpers, buys into the BS.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

No he isn't. He is crass, inarticulate, and ineloquent. This is true from any perspective.

Yep.

The problem is that people hold him to a standard they themselves are unable to live up to.

What a crock of $hit. I've made quite a bit of money in my life. I've never paid off whores. I never tried to grab anyone by the pu$$y. I have never suggested that white supremist groups have good people in their ranks. These are all standards that I hold myself to.

He is the most fact-checked man in history.

As well he should be! He is the leader of the free world, with the keys to mutually assured destruction. You're goddamn right I'm gonna fact-check him.

I'd wager that BECAUSE people have spent so little time fact-checking others, is how we ended up with a troglodyte like Trump as President of the United States in the first place.

I could only wish that the media's base held themselves to the same standards

The media is not President.

, that they policed each other's speech as much as they did his,

The media is not the President.

and that they got up on stage once and a while and tried doing what Trump does.

Their job is a part of a check and balance to what he does, why would they?

They'd melt under that pressure.

Sensationalist much?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Yep, amazing.
It's gone from "hahaha" to a definition of groceries.
These people are utterly pathetic.

It is fairly obvious - even to the media parrots - that Trump was exaggerating to make a point. Rather than discussing the very valid point that people should have an ID to vote, we get the nonsense.

edit on 2/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It was to point out his lie and wait for his minions to dance. They did. You are.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

And it's gone from if you have cash and no id you're a criminal.
So yeah. Pathetic

If so pathetic why did you post the definition?

Had to defend dear leader?
edit on 2-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

What a crock of $hit. I've made quite a bit of money in my life. I've never paid off whores. I never tried to grab anyone by the pu$$y. I have never suggested that white supremist groups have good people in their ranks. These are all standards that I hold myself to. 

I wasn’t talking about those standards, as is evident by following sentences. This is why quoting out of context is an idiot’s game.

As well he should be! He is the leader of the free world, with the keys to mutually assured destruction. You're goddamn right I'm gonna fact-check him. 

I'd wager that BECAUSE people have spent so little time fact-checking others, is how we ended up with a troglodyte like Trump as President of the United States in the first place. 

You fact check politicians. But no one fact-checks those who inform you. That doesn’t sound very bright if you ask me.

I said the media’s base.

I said the media’s base.

Their job is a part of a check and balance to what he does, why would they?

No it isn’t. Their job is to inform the public.

Sensationalist much?

It’s called a metaphor.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It was to point out his lie and wait for his minions to dance. They did. You are.

I see. Well, that's pretty pathetic too. Perhaps you should let go of your hatred and bitterness.
Regardless, it's hardly rare to be asked for ID when shopping at a grocery store and your President's actual point was a valid one.
Where you see minions and dancers - I see people who actually want to debate issues and not resort to the complete and utter nonsense in the media.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Productivity isn't a requirement to be able to vote.
What will you propose next? An intelligence test?

link   

It is fairly obvious - even to the media parrots - that Trump was exaggerating to make a point. Rather than discussing the very valid point that people should have an ID to vote, we get the nonsense.

What Trump doesn't understand is that this depends on what part of the country we're talking about. For example, in Chicago, a death certificate will do, and people are urged to "vote early, and vote often."

link   

And it's gone from if you have cash and no id you're a criminal.
So yeah. Pathetic

If so pathetic why did you post the definition?

Had to defend dear leader?

I was just pointing out that alcohol is categorised under groceries by Tesco. It's quite possible you'll be asked for ID when you buy some from Tesco. It's not complicated, really.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No hatred.
I had a great time. Don't hate you or anyone here. I just think you're liars and are brainwashed but don't hate.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ok.
Try to buy alcohol there with a food card. Let me know how that goes

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Words

Yep, amazing.
It's gone from "hahaha" to a definition of groceries.
These people are utterly pathetic.

it's pathetic because this outrage is wholly manufactured by those who make bank selling sensationalism and other snake oil.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

No hatred.
I had a great time. Don't hate you or anyone here. I just think you're liars and are brainwashed but don't hate.

Ah, 'liars' and 'brainwashed'.
One would think I'd rushed to the forum to parrot the MSM.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The more assumptions and what abouts you need to make a point the less likely that your theory holds water.
If I have cash I can buy groceries without an ID.

Why not just say we need voter ID and not try to make a point by saying you need ID to buy groceries?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

can't help it if our president brought the nonsense in!!!
look... I buy groceries at least twice a week... more often than I not I try to pay for them with cash (recent credit card theft victim here) but sometimes I pay with my debit card.
the last time I have had to take my driver's license out of my wallet was two month ago, and I was home... I just needed the number on it so I could renew the registration to my car online. I really can't remember when I needed it before that!!! it hasn't been recently!
so, while SOME people might need a photo id to buy some things from their grocery store... anyone, including a five year old can go into that store and buy a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and jelly if their mom gives them the cash to pay for it!!!

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join