It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

I know better, but those old time facts just bubbled up, in a stream of consciousness. In my decrepit old age, it hurts my limited attention span, to break for a new paragraph.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: fleabit
Trump wasn't lying folks.

He is just utterly and completely ignorant. And rambles, a lot. Makes crap up as he goes. He probably really believes that his minions have to use an ID to get groceries. Don't call him a liar. Call him an idiot, it's closer to the truth.

I have to show my ID everytime I get groceries, millions of people do.

Hilarious. Hundreds of millions of people don't. Why can't you or anyone else who worships Trump ever admit when he says something just off the hook stupid? Not that it matters.. was a stupid analogy to compare to people having to carry ID cards, but hey.. Trump is great at stupid. He rambles and non-sequiturs better than any public speaker I have ever seen.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

He is just utterly and completely ignorant. And rambles, a lot. Makes crap up as he goes. He probably really believes that his minions have to use an ID to get groceries. Don't call him a liar. Call him an idiot, it's closer to the truth.

Hilarious. Hundreds of millions of people don't. Why can't you or anyone else who worships Trump ever admit when he says something just off the hook stupid? Not that it matters.. was a stupid analogy to compare to people having to carry ID cards, but hey.. Trump is great at stupid. He rambles and non-sequiturs better than any public speaker I have ever seen.

But, millions of people do. So, what so hilarious?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm going with mis-speak. If I had to guess he probably used "groceries" a little too broad. He probably meant Wal-Mart style grocery shopping. You know, the kind where you but your groceries and other shopping needs all at the same time. If that's the case, then he's not wrong. You have to have your ID for a lot of adhesives, goo gone, spray paint, certain otc drugs, and so on and so forth.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

know it’s a really sad day in America when President Trump didn’t stop to ponder and relate the statistics on exactly how many people still use checks or get carded when making purchases. It’s okay, I know it’s a tough situation for you but it will get better, time is a good healer.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

So is your question why do some people (i.e. his supporters) overlook some of Trump's incorrect statements yet still choose to support him? If so then that is a valid question if you are genuinely curious. But let's look at the context of what Trump is talking about. Voting in US federal elections.

Perhaps he was inferring if you use a CC or a check at a grocery store you are required to provide a photo ID. I don't know but I agree the statement is factually incorrect. However, the point Trump is driving across is the need for proper ID for people who want to vote in US elections. Non US citizens cannot vote in federal US elections. And there is zero argument anyone can put forth to justify what it should be otherwise. And this topic is not unique to Trump. This has been a hotly debated topic over the past few administrations.

So what is your point? Because Trump makes a factually incorrect statement about buying groceries people should automatically discount the validity of his argument that only US citizens should be able to vote in presidential elections? That's ridiculously ignorant and narrow minded. We could point to every single prior POTUS and pull out a myriad of similar examples. I get that you don't like Trump and you think people who support Trump are blind but I would argue it is you who are blind if you are willing to overlook an otherwise valid argument because of one incorrect statement. It doesn't negate the argument at hand.

I strongly disliked Obama because I saw him as weak and I grew tired of his lectures and his world apology tour about how sh itty the US was as a country. However, there were a few key issues he was in favor of and I agreed with him. There are plenty of people in the world I disagree with and outright dislike but I would never allow my personal feelings about a person dissuade me from a valid argument they may put forth.

edit on 2-8-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: RMFX1

I know better, but those old time facts just bubbled up, in a stream of consciousness. In my decrepit old age, it hurts my limited attention span, to break for a new paragraph.

Unfortunately, it makes your post unreadable. Maybe break it up a bit and I and I'm sure a few others might give it another go.
edit on 2-8-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Perhaps he was inferring if you use a CC or a check at a grocery store you are required to provide a photo ID. I don't know but I agree the statement is factually incorrect. However, the point Trump is driving across is the need for proper ID for people who want to vote in US elections. Non US citizens cannot vote in federal US elections. And there is zero argument anyone can put forth to justify what it should be otherwise.

Notice how election interference is fine in one instance, but not ok in another.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I doubt Trump uses cash to buy much. I think this statement proves he is out of touch not that he was lying.

You do need ID to buy groceries with a credit card.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

So is your question why do some people (i.e. his supporters) overlook some of Trump's incorrect statements yet still choose to support him? If so then that is a valid question if you are genuinely curious. But let's look at the context of what Trump is talking about. Voting in US federal elections.

So what is your point? Because Trump makes a factually incorrect statement about buying groceries people should automatically discount the validity of his argument that only US citizens should be able to vote in presidential elections?

my question was why do his supporters dance around and twist # around to make him appear not wrong when he clearly is.

my point is they will say damn near anything to validate him vs just saying yeah he misspoke or yeah he lied or maybe he didnt lie but he is wrong.
instead it gets twisted around. even so far as if you have cash and no ID you mist be an illegal criminal.
it goes from ID for groceries to paint and glue...

anything not to admit he was wrong.

that was my point

my point has NOTHING to do with making sure only american citizens vote.
but since you brought it up i agree. only american citizens should be able to vote.

that wasnt what i was talking about though.

i simply wanted to point out that he lied which is what i think he did or he misspoke or he was just wrong. in pointing that out i wanted to see if his supporters would fly in with deflection and defense instead of just saying yeah, he was wrong on that.

and after more than 20 pages you can see they clearly did just that.

that was my point.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Every time I go to Kroger to buy groceries. I have to key in a number.

Sounds like an ID to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Let me guess you type 666...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If people simply admited that he said something stupid and did the nothing burger routine this thread would have died.

Instead, we get some bonehead diehards trying very hard to make the orange ones words gospel.

Exactly. It's as if they think he's perfect. No mistakes EVER made by him.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Can't believe I got through 13 pages of this crap.

You people need help, serious help.

Also, this thread should be permanently pinned on the home page of ATS as a warning to any passing travelers.

Oh they see it. That's why it's so frickin embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Doesn't it worry anyone that these Trump minions will go to such extremes and to such lengths to defend the indefensible?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Perhaps he was inferring if you use a CC or a check at a grocery store you are required to provide a photo ID. I don't know but I agree the statement is factually incorrect. However, the point Trump is driving across is the need for proper ID for people who want to vote in US elections. Non US citizens cannot vote in federal US elections. And there is zero argument anyone can put forth to justify what it should be otherwise.

Notice how election interference is fine in one instance, but not ok in another.

Not just election interference, but data mining too.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Doesn't it worry anyone that these Trump minions will go to such extremes and to such lengths to defend the indefensible?

57 states, O-I-H-O, and the list could go on. I seem to recall them all having perfectly rational explanations. And I'm still waiting for my savings under Obamacare and wondering why I wasn't allowed to keep my doctor.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: jtma508

57 states, O-I-H-O, and the list could go on. I seem to recall them all having perfectly rational explanations. And I'm still waiting for my savings under Obamacare and wondering why I wasn't allowed to keep my doctor.

You must have needed ID to post this. That's the only thing I can think of to relate this to the topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And but Obama
22 pages and the deflection is still happening

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Satire:

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join