It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
tRump is obviously trying to inflect his stupidity on to those that worship him. Won't be long until he will have to pay people to attend his rallies. Intelligent people anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
tRump is obviously trying to inflect his stupidity on to those that worship him. Won't be long until he will have to pay people to attend his rallies. Intelligent people anyway.

I know it’s a really sad day in America when President Trump didn’t stop to ponder the statistics on exactly how many people still use checks or get carded when making purchases. It’s okay, I know it’s a tough situation for you but it will get better, time is a good healer.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Nyiah
I was carded for pedialyte.... In Giant, a grocery store.

Ever put dishwashing liquid on your grocery list?

Considering my mother worked for Walgreens for a decade, and Albertson's before that for 3 years, both of which sell Pedialyte, and considering I've purchased it via CVS, Walgreens, Target, Meijer, Albertson's, Winn-Dixie, Family Fare and Publix over the years for both my kids and for adults, I'm calling BS. I've bought it in completely different states from completely different stores, and have never been asked for ID for children's electrolyte solution. Do you get carded for Gatorade, too?

No, I don't put dish washing liquid in my grocery list, nor any other cleaners. I title the grocery section of my lists "Groceries" and the non-grocery section of my shopping lists "Household". I do it this way because the departments are completely separate in the stores, and it makes checking off everything simple. When done in Household sections, I move on to Grocery. Unless you happen to spot the Draino next to the Cheerios, it's quite obvious these aren't considered groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If people simply admited that he said something stupid and did the nothing burger routine this thread would have died.

Instead, we get some bonehead diehards trying very hard to make the orange ones words gospel.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If people simply admited that he said something stupid and did the nothing burger routine this thread would have died.

Instead, we get some bonehead diehards trying very hard to make the orange ones words gospel.

Personally I'm defending the man from quibbling fussbudgets who like to use red-herrings to avoid his arguments, and then in the same breath, prove they are no eloquent Shakespeares themselves.

Anyways, Trump has since clarified, proving everyone else wrong. It was alcohol:

Sanders defends Trump claim that grocery stores require ID
edit on 1|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

Personally I'm defending the man from quibbling fussbudgets who like to use red-herrings to avoid his arguments, and then in the same breath, prove they are no eloquent Shakespeares themselves.

Anyways, Trump has since clarified, proving everyone else wrong. It was alcohol:

So he clarified and proved you in fact, do not need ID to buy groceries (food). Just like everyone's been saying for 21 pages.

Imagine that, wrong, proven wrong by the Orange One no less, and still digging heels in.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

It was alcohol

Like I said, he said something stupid, but to be honest he is still wrong after clarifying.

It has been at least 20 years since I was asked for ID buying alcohol or cigs and I was really happy for it. I smirked to wife saying I still look young.

Grey hair has a way of making ID less needed.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NJE777
Wow, I didn't know that.
In the UK you are not required to have any ID by law unless you want to do things like drive a vehicle or leave the country, open a bank acount etc. Don't do anything like that then you don't need ID.
We are certainly not required to carry any ID. That sounds like 1930's Germany to me.
The only ID I have is my passport, and that lives in a safe place unless I need it for the bank or to leave the country.

edit on 1-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Can't believe I got through 13 pages of this crap.

You people need help, serious help.

Also, this thread should be permanently pinned on the home page of ATS as a warning to any passing travelers.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Al least he knows how many states there are...

Y'all have about 3 Obama gaffs that you bring up non-stop (and even then those are misspeaks as opposed to just non-stop unabashed lying). The fact that you keep bringing the same Obama ones over and over up should be a clue. Trump has about 10 a day. There are so many Trump lies that it's almost impossible to keep up.

Good thing he has a crew of handlers and minions to try to take what he says and make it seem like human communication... although they often sound just as bad as he does.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Can't believe I got through 13 pages of this crap.

You people need help, serious help.

Also, this thread should be permanently pinned on the home page of ATS as a warning to any passing travelers.

Haha I think for once I agree with you.

This is pretty pathetic.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: NJE777
a reply to: TinySickTears

Maybe it is about all the illegal aliens. They might be trying to address the number of illegals in the country.

i am sure youre right
why do it by saying things that are completely not true though?

is it just his style of doing things you think?
have a point and then make a bunch of # up to attempt to prove that point and in the end not worry about it so much cause people will eat it up no matter what?

i just thought the general way to do it is if you have a talking point or an argument or whatever you speak in facts to address your points.

Yes it’s about only letting American Citizens vote.

It’s literally the first sentence he speaks in your video.

Some people’s excuse is that it discriminates against minorities or people that can’t afford an ID. Well then you could use the same argument for having to have a license to drive right?

If you don’t have a license you don’t drive and you don’t have an ID you don’t vote. Simple.

Voter ID hurts Black voters apparently, even though they have to have ID to receive things like social benefits anyway.

Huh.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
what is the point in saying these things? jut to get people on board with his program?

see the thing is

he's a #in idiot

hope that clears it up for ya

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Trump wasn't lying folks.

He is just utterly and completely ignorant. And rambles, a lot. Makes crap up as he goes. He probably really believes that his minions have to use an ID to get groceries. Don't call him a liar. Call him an idiot, it's closer to the truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Trump wasn't lying folks.

He is just utterly and completely ignorant. And rambles, a lot. Makes crap up as he goes. He probably really believes that his minions have to use an ID to get groceries. Don't call him a liar. Call him an idiot, it's closer to the truth.

I have to show my ID everytime I get groceries, millions of people do.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Show me your papers!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its funny how many think some people are to poor to have ID, Not that I care, but will take the time to post it.. Smells like TDS

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Words

So he clarified and proved you in fact, do not need ID to buy groceries (food). Just like everyone's been saying for 21 pages.

Imagine that, wrong, proven wrong by the Orange One no less, and still digging heels in.

Imagine that, quibbling over groceries.

Here’s the full argument.

You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID. You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture. In this country, the only time you don't need it in many cases is when you want to vote for a president, when you want to vote for a senator, when you want to vote for a governor or a congressman, it's crazy, it's crazy.

And what did CNN teach you talk about? Groceries, avoiding the entire argument. A complete red herring, and it was a carrot on a stick for you guys.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sure Trump saying you need ID to buy a bottle of milk is just stupid, really, no other word for it. Yet the people who are going to defend him over this would defend him if they saw him beat a puppy and take a piss on lady liberty. We really don't need to jump every time he tweets or says something stupid, just let his words speak for themselves because the people who are going to defend him and make excuses for him over stuff like this just are not ever going to change their spots so your picking a battle you can never win.

Do you know where people get most of their compulsive need to defend him?

People like you saying stupid stuff like this. I mean, really, hyperbole much?
edit on 1-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
Its funny how many think some people are to poor to have ID, Not that I care, but will take the time to post it.. Smells like TDS

Some people are too poor to have IDs, but I'll bet those same people have government benefits and I'll bet they couldn't have those without IDs.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join