It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: NJE777

Trump isn't president of Australia, so Australian laws and regulations are not relevant to this discussion.

Well in that case i will take my star and my flag and leave.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Soon to be as same as Nazi Germany (block to block) have to show your ID.

Winning again… and again.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
lol.... maybe he's just starting to prepare us for the day when the full impact of his tariffs hit and the grocery shelves are near bare... and... we all need our ids, birth certificates, social security numbers, along with proof of address to get our ration stamps every month so we can buy our month's worth of rice, potatoes, and spam??

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

He has never bought his own groceries would be my guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: NJE777

Maybe it is about all the illegal aliens. They might be trying to address the number of illegals in the country.

i am sure youre right
why do it by saying things that are completely not true though?

is it just his style of doing things you think?
have a point and then make a bunch of # up to attempt to prove that point and in the end not worry about it so much cause people will eat it up no matter what?

i just thought the general way to do it is if you have a talking point or an argument or whatever you speak in facts to address your points.

Yes it’s about only letting American Citizens vote.

It’s literally the first sentence he speaks in your video.

Some people’s excuse is that it discriminates against minorities or people that can’t afford an ID. Well then you could use the same argument for having to have a license to drive right?

If you don’t have a license you don’t drive and you don’t have an ID you don’t vote. Simple.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If you buy beer or pay for groceries with a check you have to have an ID.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

My wife still uses checks. She has a pet dino also.........me !!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If you buy beer or pay for groceries with a check you have to have an ID.

Just shows how damn good President Trump is doing if this is all they can find to complain about.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
If you don’t have a license you don’t drive and you don’t have an ID you don’t vote. Simple.

The problem is that in the U.S. non-felon adults have a right to vote.

Requiring IDs at a purchase cost is an infringement on that right, therefore states would have to make free non-driver photo IDs available.

States won't like footing that bill, and no one is wild about the federal government footing that bill either, but some government entity would have to pay it in order to not infringe on citizen's rights.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Voting is a right.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777
a reply to: redmage

In Australia you have to have photo ID at all times. Those that don't have it can be arrested.

I don't agree with any of it but have my photo ID to conform.

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
lol

'ey kid u got an id for them yams?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Um. You do know that President Trump lies right? You do know that President Trump lies a lot right? You do know that his sheep don't care, right? You do know that they will not call him out on his lies, right?

So are you really that surprised, because I'm not surprised at all.

And I doubt President Trump has EVER shopped for groceries himself.

Oh I know it.

Just like to point it out from time to time

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Do lie to drum up support from your minions?
Got it

But if you pay by western union wire transfer you need id

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
To be fair he has probably never even bought his own groceries, so he just wouldn’t know.

Then- MAYBE HE NEEDS TO. Do not talk the talk until one has walked the *walk*.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Yup just one of those things that demonstrate how out of touch he really is.

I mean, how can a a billionaire, son of a property tycoon possibly have the kind of real world experience that he can relate to the man on the street.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
maybe he's thinking about the driver's license you need to be able to hop into your car and drive to the store so you can buy your groceries?? of course.... it's never dawned on him that some might might not have a car to hop into for various reasons while other, have hired help and never really have to drive anywhere, or go grocery shopping if they don't want...

who knows.. the guy comes up with all kinds of crap when he's in his rallies.

Which politician, or person running for office doesn't come up with all kinds of crap at their rallies?

just LOL

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I have had to show my photo ID at least 3 times when purchasing something just in the last couple of weeks.
One time I was picking up something at a store that I had ordered on-line.
One time I was purchasing a gift card.
Another time I was purchasing medication.
This happens OFTEN.

And yes, I had to use a photo ID to get a discount card to use at my regular grocery store. And if using a check there, you need an ID. You need a photo ID to get a debit or credit bank card to use at a grocery.

Trump was not lying. I do not see how people can survive without a photo ID. You need it to open a bank account. You need it to purchase a car, insurance, many other things.

THAT was his point. People need a photo ID for many, many other things in the US. There is nothing wrong with requiring a photo ID to vote. Stop nit-picking and UNDERSTAND the point he was making. Think and use logic.

edit on 8/1/18 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I buy most of my groceries at Sams where I show my sams club card which is a photo ID.

Sometimes I go to Kroger where I use my Kroger plus card to not get ripped off buying groceries which is another I’d as it has my name and address so it is an Id.

I go to speedway to get gas and fountain drinks I’m showing my speedway card which is another ID.

Want to buy beer? Wine? Another ID.

My wallet is full of ID cards for almost every place I buy food.

How about yours?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

He is an idiot but he is not stupid. Actually clever.

He knows this is not true but he also knows he can lie about it. His people will defend and deflect and then scratch their mullet and convince themselves this is how it should be.

Look at all the people saying but if you pay with a check. But if you have to sign with your card.

But. But. That's not what he said.

It would just be nice if people in general and the president actually grasp the language and say what they mean.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join