It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Al least he knows how many states there are...

This is exactly what he said in his rallies about how the press takes 'every little word' and twists it and LOOKS for something to it.

WHO THE FARK CARES?

What we should all be talking about is needed ID to vote which is why this reference was used.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If the president cannot voice his thoughts properly then why should people believe or trust him and trust his decisions. It makes his position unclear.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, he's right. As I always use my debit card and need to show ID.

Also, when im at Costco they require picture ID as well.

So he's right.

Sorry, try again.

You're lying too.
You are asked for id cause of how you are paying. Not for buying groceries.

Can people that use cash buy groceries?

Exactly, I am showing ID because of how I am paying and what is it I am paying for? Groceries.

When i buy groceries I spend at least $200. I NEVER carry that much cash on me because It is not needed.

You just want to desperately pick apart everything he says without admitting that it could in some way be true. In this case, debit cards.

Sorry to inform you but, sometimes, you just have to use LOGIC.

No, you're not buying groceries. You're just in the grocery store, doing anything but getting groceries, giving ID to anyone but the cashier, for any reason other than to buy groceries.

LMAO
to that one.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Not what you are paying for
How you are paying

He lied
You lied
Fact

See ya

Says the guys whos current mood is "UNSTABLE".
Sounds about right.

SEE YA!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Not what you are paying for
How you are paying

He lied
You lied
Fact

See ya

Says the guys whos current mood is "UNSTABLE".
Sounds about right.

SEE YA!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Have you ever shopped at Costco? You need a card with your picture on it to buy groceries.

Costco is a voluntary club membership. I have one. I didn't shop there last month, though, I shopped between Meijer, Family Fare & a mom & pop grocer. NONE of the three asked for my ID to purchase groceries. Not even when I fell short at the mom & pop in leftover cash & had to split the balance between said cash & the debit card.
Therefore, no, I did not have to show my ID to buy groceries in July.
Your argument is not valid and you know it.

originally posted by: butcherguy
Try buying Pedialyte when your child is sick. How about Sudafed and many other products sold at the grocery store.... they make you show an ID.

These are not foodstuffs, bro. Again, booze, tobacco and pharmacy meds aren't FOOD, which is what Trump in no uncertain terms used in his failed example.
One is a controlled medication behind the counter (thanks, meth heads) The other is OTC and I bought it it earlier this year for one of my kids. I didn't need to show ID for it, knock off the blatant bulls# lying. I know of no one who's ever been carded for Pedialyte.
edit on 8/1/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
I guess you don’t buy alcohol,

Yes. And if I separate the booze from the actual food, I only have to show ID for THE BOOZE. Not the food.

tobacco,

Nope, quit the cancer sticks a long time ago. At no point did I ever consider them food, either.

spray paint,

Indeed I have, the beat up wicker night stand I redid for one of the kids in her favorite colors turned out well. Lowes did not ask me for ID to buy it, either. Also, paint is not food.

ammunition,

I don't purchase this. It's also another item that is not food.

canned dusting air,

I buy canned air on probably an every 6-week or so basis, Electronics in this house are a dust magnet and clog up quick. Meijer has never carded me for canned air.

glue........

Be it Gorilla, Krazy, Elmers, and and even bonding epoxys, Lowes, Home Depot and Menards have never carded me for these items. And again, they are not food.

None of the above are food. Trump said groceries need ID when they do not, not "everything including the kitchen sink." You people are reaching so far you're giving yourself a reach-around from around the globe at this point.

And that has what do do with buying groceries?

You can buy them in grocery stores. They are groceries. Let's watch the little dance again.

No they're not. Pay attention to receipts that categorize items purchased by department on the receipt, those items will be under General Merchandise, not Grocery.

And just so we are crystal clear on this, since so many seem to have flunked out of 3rd grade, the definition of "grocery" is "food items." Not "batteries, aspirin, paint etc". Food items.

grocery
noun

1A grocer's shop or business.

1.1groceries Items of food sold in a grocery or supermarket.

en.oxforddictionaries.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

"If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID"

What does your membership card do? Does it identify you? Does it have a picture on a card?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Groceries is literally items you buy from a grocer.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I went to the grocery store today and didn't need ID. I even bought beer.

sigh.... I feel old.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Check my edit. Groceries literally refers to food only. You are wrong.

As for club ID, it's a choice membership, not the only buying option. If you do not have one, you do not use it, therefore ID is not necessary to buy food elsewhere such as a farmer's market, Wegman's, Safeway, Albertson's, Publix, Family Fare, etc. I can go on with the chain store examples that don't require ID to buy food from them.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

point is in saying this?
that if you use your credit card and sometimes debit card to buy candy, gas, nikes, you name it, you get asked for your ID.

You get asked for your ID in MANY instances that are trivial to the safety of this country on a daily basis EXCEPT when voting (possibly one of the most influencial safeties).

Nobody eating up anything. One side of this country is truly embracing the rights of people in this country ILLEGALLY. ILLEGALLY. not LEGAL immigrants, ILLEGAL. wake up son.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Driving is a privilege, not a right. Voting is a right.

Yeah. Make ID’s free. There, solved.

Funny, I didn’t hear Trump offering that. Did I miss it?

He didn’t get into detail. Do you have another solution to requiring people to have an ID for voting?

Or are you against making sure that only American citizens are voting in our elections?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Check my edit. Groceries literally refers to food only. You are wrong.

As for club ID, it's a choice membership, not the only buying option. If you do not have one, you do not use it, therefore ID is not necessary to buy food elsewhere such as a farmer's market, Wegman's, Safeway, Albertson's, Publix, Family Fare, etc. I can go on with the chain store examples that don't require ID to buy food from them.

Definition of grocery
plural groceries
1 groceries plural : the food and supplies sold by a grocer —usually singular in British usage
2 : a grocer's store

www.merriam-webster.com...
edit on 1|8|18 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Do lie to drum up support from your minions?
Got it

But if you pay by western union wire transfer you need id

If you pay by Check you need an ID. President Trump is old and probably still uses checks. Horrible I know.

Thats also not what he said.
He lied
Again

You're defending
Again

Yeah I know what he said. He said if you buy groceries you need ID. And I’m saying that if you pay by check you need ID. Am I wrong? You’re right he didn’t specify the method of payment so your argument that he is wrong is invalid.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Food & food supplies in my book don't include batteries, but rather spices, herbs, oils. That may be a matter of opinion, considering your source does not specify what is considered food supplies.
The bulk of the definitions available online refer to food only. I offered a well-respected source which is quite blunt.

Regardless, the established argument hinges on food alone. Stop moving goalposts to stave off a bruised ego.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You’re right he didn’t specify the method of payment so your argument that he is wrong is invalid.

hhahahahahah

ok alien.

one thing is clear after 18 pages is that there is no talking or debating you guys.
its just not happening.

it is very clear what he said
it is very clear it is a lie

it is very simple

then you guys start muddying # up with your dancing about method of payment and buying spray paint which means he did not lie/is not wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

they sell some hardware at the grocery store and some groceries at the hardware store.

theyre whole argument about wtf groceries are and method of payment is #ing stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: NJE777

Maybe it is about all the illegal aliens. They might be trying to address the number of illegals in the country.

i am sure youre right
why do it by saying things that are completely not true though?

is it just his style of doing things you think?
have a point and then make a bunch of # up to attempt to prove that point and in the end not worry about it so much cause people will eat it up no matter what?

i just thought the general way to do it is if you have a talking point or an argument or whatever you speak in facts to address your points.

Yes it’s about only letting American Citizens vote.

It’s literally the first sentence he speaks in your video.

Some people’s excuse is that it discriminates against minorities or people that can’t afford an ID. Well then you could use the same argument for having to have a license to drive right?

If you don’t have a license you don’t drive and you don’t have an ID you don’t vote. Simple.

Have you ever read the US Constitution? Pay special attention to the 24th amendment. Voting is a constitutionally protected right whereas driving is considered a privilege. Not an apples to apples comparison.

If you make ID’s free then they have no excuse for not having an ID because then you aren’t required to make a purchase to do something that is your right to do. What do you think about that?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

they sell some hardware at the grocery store and some groceries at the hardware store.

theyre whole argument about wtf groceries are and method of payment is #ing stupid.

It certainly is. I bought a water & a candy bar in AutoZone once. Must be a grocery store now, eh?

Quick edit: Menards is a perfect example of your hardware store mention. The one I go to has a pretty decent grocery section in it, but it's NOT a grocery store even though you could technically shop it exclusively, it's still a home improvement store. That happens to have a few isles & coolers/freezers of food for sale.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join