It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have been asked to show my ID when using a certain credit card multiple times. Dumb topic by a dumb poster.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

just where is the misinterpretation?? did he say that you needed an id to buy groceries...
did he say you needed one to buy anything??

"You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID," Trump continued. "You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture."

He added that "the only time you don't need it in many cases is when you want to vote for a president, when you want to vote for a senator, when you want to vote for a governor or a congressman. It's crazy"

www.cnn.com...

yep, do believe he did...

no misinterpretation needed!!
yous just think you need the danged thing... it's more convenient for yous than having to swing by the bank every once in a while and pulling some cash out of the bank. and ya, oh, those banks and processing companies want you to think you need one, because, oh they make so much money out of it.. money that the stores have to pay for each transaction that is done... which, I am pretty sure that they just pass the cost of that down onto their customers...
but, oh it, it's so convenient...
just don't tell me it's necessary!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
hell, I can use my wife's card for groceries (or anything else for that matter) and not have to show ID. In the late 1980's my mother would give me her credit card, along with a strict spending limit, and I'd go buy my own school clothes before the school year started. Major department stores. Never got asked for ID and they had to physically take the card from you back then.

Hell, I'm struggling to come up with much of anything I HAVE to show ID to accomplish anymore.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I’ll just leave this here

To be fair I honestly believe trump was trying to infer that you need I.D for pretty much anything it’s like me saying something like you need I.D just to wash your ass, I just really hate how you guys ride trumps nuts with any and everything making all these wild arguments it’s so annoying.

If you want to vote you should definitely have an identification they’re not even hard to get I believe they are like $15 or $20 not to mention you have an entire 4 years until each election that’s 1,460 days to save $20 and 3-4 hours out of just 1 day depending on how terrible your local DMV is.

I also want to say you 100% do not need I.D to buy groceries or use EBT(food stamps) because some people are defending his words literally saying stuff like, Oh you need I.D because plastic cards, And cigarettes and beer are groceries, And stuff like you need an I.D to legally obtain cash or plastic which is untrue. That would mean anyone who has no I.D but does have cash or a pre-paid card is definitely a criminal.

Prepaid cards work just like debit and credit cards with higher fees they don’t require an I.D all you need is a social security # and a name, Also there are apps like Cash app that will issue you Visa’s that work exactly like your debit and credit cards those don’t even require a social or a real name all you need is an email address or a phone number to verify the confirmation number.

Thanks, have a nice day.
edit on 1-8-2018 by gamer2343 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli

Yes, he's right. As I always use my debit card and need to show ID.

Also, when im at Costco they require picture ID as well.

So he's right.

Sorry, try again.

You're lying too.
You are asked for id cause of how you are paying. Not for buying groceries.

Can people that use cash buy groceries?

Exactly, I am showing ID because of how I am paying and what is it I am paying for? Groceries.

When i buy groceries I spend at least $200. I NEVER carry that much cash on me because It is not needed.

You just want to desperately pick apart everything he says without admitting that it could in some way be true. In this case, debit cards.

Sorry to inform you but, sometimes, you just have to use LOGIC.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit

I have been asked to show my ID when using a certain credit card multiple times. Dumb topic by a dumb poster.

AGREED.

x100

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Not what you are paying for
How you are paying

He lied
You lied
Fact

See ya

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes, he's right. As I always use my debit card and need to show ID.

Also, when im at Costco they require picture ID as well.

So he's right.

Sorry, try again.

You're lying too.
You are asked for id cause of how you are paying. Not for buying groceries.

Can people that use cash buy groceries?

Exactly, I am showing ID because of how I am paying and what is it I am paying for? Groceries.

When i buy groceries I spend at least $200. I NEVER carry that much cash on me because It is not needed.

You just want to desperately pick apart everything he says without admitting that it could in some way be true. In this case, debit cards.

Sorry to inform you but, sometimes, you just have to use LOGIC.

No, you're not buying groceries. You're just in the grocery store, doing anything but getting groceries, giving ID to anyone but the cashier, for any reason other than to buy groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Technically, when you use debit/credit.....the store is supposed to check ID to verify the card is associated with the user.

No one does it, but that doesn't mean it isn't supposed to happen.

This is one of the reasons credit card fraud is easily removed.... stores don't follow protocol to ensure that the person using the card is the same person the card is issued to.
edit on R072018-08-01T14:07:26-05:00k078Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The saddest thing about all of the spying and social media spying on you and everything else that spies on you are young kids who have no idea how much freedom they lost being born into this world now.You cannot work any where without being spied on from bosses sitting around in office chairs on their lazy butt.Only going to get far worse....
edit on 1-8-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: NJE777

How does a lie about "needing ID to buy groceries" address illegal immigration?

I buy groceries daily without ever needing an ID to do it.

But many times if someone also wants to buy cigarettes or wine to go with the dinner food, you'll likely have to show ID. I believe you have to show ID when purchasing for food programs like WIC (not sure every store actually enforces that).

People are so quick to yell "It's a lie" while missing the entire point that adults need ID for a great many things they do in their daily lives and the liberals insistence that it's a burden on people is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: Nickn3

My wife still uses checks. She has a pet dino also.........me !!
I have to prove I’m over twenty one to buy beer. It was legal at 18 back when I turned 18. That was 42 years ago and I still get carded at the Ingles store. Trump has a good point. You have to have an ID for everything else, why not?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
idk about all that malstrom. I think we could at this point have a better security card connected to anyone with express spending permission unless fraudulent claims are made.

I think money mapping based on bluetooth autonomous sync/retail/atm machines would be much better!

The cards are self charging w/ pv film double sided and biosignature vibration to a bluetooth chip card.
The card stays in wallet and retail/atm machines only require index or thumb print maybe to make a no card use transaction. Either that or security question 1 2 and GO!

No one miles away in another country or long distance from online can access your money if account behavior through money mapping is off. Not same biosignature of steps avg daily/ BP / Temp for an individuals bluetooth track and sync card. Phone and Computer Alerts suspicious card behavior for tagging and alerting, pin pointing thief/ criminal/ unclaimed fraudulent activity if approved.

CardEctoR

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Then those boobs are derelict. Even the local cinemas require my photo driver's license to vouch for my US Bank Debit/Credit bank card. Every Time I purchase their senior discounted tickets with plastic! Back in the Sixties when I was in college, a big store where I shopped in, required my thumb print on every paper check which I cashed there. I know, that this dates me to the land before time, & bank plastics. Something else, just came up. A rooter service call, ended with him saying that his mother is traveling in Canada, around Calgary, and the bank called her cell #, and told her this same card was being used down South to buy gas. She told them she was in Canada, so they froze her number. Fortunately, she had a couple of credit cards too. Otherwise, she'd been stranded in a foreign country without any way to pay for anything.
So, I am correct to say that those store clerks who let you slide on through, are DERELICT. You may think you're privileged, but what happens when someone tries to drain your bank account, and then you have to have the bank freeze your card number? In 2012, my travel agent couldn't use my card # to reserve a room in South Africa, for my pending Safari, until I went down to the local U.S. Bank, and opened up an 18 day window, where they would honor my charges. The hunt lasted 14 days, but I left myself some wriggle room, in case I missed a flight connection, became sick, or was injured.
After trophy fees and such, I transferred $3900, to my P.H. to finally settle up our accounts. Later, there was another $1350 to Karoo Animal Arts, to pay for my taxidermy and air shipping, in 2013. But that payment was by wire transfer.

Nuff said, but I thank any clerk who cares enough, to ask me for photo I.D., when I use any plastic bank cards.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

You should be carded when using a debit card as it is pretty simple to steal and use one especially when a clerk does not check. And in this day and age of people counterfeiting cards, they should be checking, it's to prevent fraud. So in some cases you do need ID to buy groceries...period like it or not

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Not that you care, but in the olden days, you had to write a check for groceries, and when you did that, you had to present an ID to verify it was your check. Trump being an old dude, might account for that, or he was lying his ass off just to trigger you, I'll let you decide.

You're right.
I don't care
Its not the Old days

Cool, then the only option left is......TRIGGERED! Be safe out there.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Looks as though the dumbing down of the majority of America has been successful.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
here in Michigan we've had a picture id law for years with no problems. If for some reason you don't have a picture id, you sign an affidavit and cast a provisional ballot. The BS about too poor to have an ID is a smoke screen. to get welfare you need a picture id, and they'll even pay for it if you're that poor.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Paragraphs!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Not that you care, but in the olden days, you had to write a check for groceries, and when you did that, you had to present an ID to verify it was your check. Trump being an old dude, might account for that, or he was lying his ass off just to trigger you, I'll let you decide.

You're right.
I don't care
Its not the Old days

Cool, then the only option left is......TRIGGERED! Be safe out there.

NOT THE ONLY OPTION!!!!!!
have a great one

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join