It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
Maybe Trump just figures that his base are the kind of people who would consider alcohol and tobacco to be "groceries".

A bit insulting to his base, but I suppose he reads them well.

I'm certainly not his base and I didn't vote for him; but I consider beer and cigarettes groceries. If they weren't, you wouldn't be able to buy them at a grocery store.

I also find it smug that you think it's some sort of insult to consider beer and tobacco groceries. It's exactly that kind of uppity, "I love the smell of my own farts", snobby attitude coming from the left that I couldn't vote for Clinton. That's also the same reason I cannot see myself voting anything jackass in November.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
I've been asked for photo id 2 different times at Sam's Club before.

Sam's Club requires you to have a Sam's Club membership card with photo on it and they are required to ask for additional photo ID's if the card you use has any wear and tear on the member name or photo section.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree, but Trump did mention using a card, so I find it reasonable to address that specific issue as well.

In general, you are right. You do not need an ID to buy groceries. To even suggest such a thing is absurd.

But if we address the card issue, an ID is not necessarily required either. As I said, stores are moving away from handling customers cards, credit or debit, for specific reasons and the customer gets to take care of the transaction through keypads on the counter.

The store clerk may not even know how they are choosing to process that transaction, credit or debit, let alone asking for an ID to ensure the card they are using is theirs. Stores don't care and they have no responsibility to check if they do not handle the cards themselves.

Overall, the entire premise of what Trump said is simply stupid. Not sure why people would defend such idiotic things. Chalk it up to another Trump saying something stupid and move on.

It wasn't an premise. It was an example in support of a premise, one that is being avoided. That people are quibbling and hair-splitting on it is huge red herring.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Words

I agree, but Trump did mention using a card, so I find it reasonable to address that specific issue as well.

In general, you are right. You do not need an ID to buy groceries. To even suggest such a thing is absurd.

But if we address the card issue, an ID is not necessarily required either. As I said, stores are moving away from handling customers cards, credit or debit, for specific reasons and the customer gets to take care of the transaction through keypads on the counter.

The store clerk may not even know how they are choosing to process that transaction, credit or debit, let alone asking for an ID to ensure the card they are using is theirs. Stores don't care and they have no responsibility to check if they do not handle the cards themselves.

Overall, the entire premise of what Trump said is simply stupid. Not sure why people would defend such idiotic things. Chalk it up to another Trump saying something stupid and move on.

It wasn't an premise. It was an example in support of a premise, one that is being avoided. That people are quibbling and hair-splitting on it is huge red herring.

It was a horrible example and hardly comparable to voting in the US.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
BOTTOM LINE: No you do not need an ID to buy groceries. EVER

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

You can buy lots of things at a grocery store that are not groceries.
Its not a grocery only store.
Just saying

link   
The crazy thing about President Trumps comment in His speech is it won’t be long until you will need some sort of card or ID for everything once paper money is gone....so the government can get all control.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

In the USA beer & wine are commonly used in cooking. Other than being used for cooking these items can also be bought at grocery stores. It must be sad living somewhere where one can't buy beer & wine at their grocery store. Some might not even believe such a place exists. Where do you live where beer & wine aren't considered groceries?
edit on 1-8-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
BOTTOM LINE: No you do not need an ID to buy groceries. EVER
You are correct except for adding the word EVER...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It was a horrible example and hardly comparable to voting in the US.

The premise was that we use ID everywhere. Perhaps it was a poor example of where we use IDs, but does not take away from the premise or the conclusion.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You know according to this crowd trump never says anything that's wrong and everything he does can be spun to not only be right but the very best highest top shelf kind of right.
Like God right.
I find the phenomenon quite interesting myself.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Relax peeps it is just hyperbole.

Let me do some circles for you.

You need a valid identification in order to legally obtain cash or plastic so that you can procure any type of sustenance from a retailer.

That is a crow fartin fact.

You do not need a valid in order to vote for potus however it is within the power of the feds. to require you to verify yourself to their satisfaction in order to vote but since states balk at such the feds do not enforce it.

I can see this changing to dis allow any non properly votes to not be counted regardless of state laws.

edit on 1-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's really silly to say someone needs ID to buy groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If you pay via credit card or debit card without using the PIN, a lot of stores ask to see a photo ID.

This is obviously what he was talking about, but the Trump haters are so desperate they have to pretend this is a "lie".

I really don't see why they have to make up # like this. He does enough legit things to complain about. If they stuck to them, they'd be much more successful. Attacking stuff like this where anyone with an ounce of honesty knows what he's talking about, they just make normal people go "Really? That's a "LIE"?

The boy who cried wolf...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You needed ID to get the license.
Not to buy groceries.
Spin spin spin

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's really silly to say someone needs ID to buy groceries.

If you believe that then lose your id for a couple years and see how well you dine then.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I don't know anywhere where you can vote without ID.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And we aren't even mentioning the fact that he whined and bitched about it, and is still bitching about it even though he won! lol.

In fact, even after he was elected he had no shame in wasting more of our tax dollars by causing an investigation into "illegal voting".
Even though he won! And the result was "nyet. Nothing to speak of".

You gotta hand it to him though. He's always so willing to step up and make a complete fool of himself!

I flipped the tv on one morning and the Price is Right was on. I thought to myself, Good God, these people are willing to go on national television and make utter fools of themselves.

Sort of reminds me of u-no-who. *snickers*

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't agree with Trump's stance on asset forfeiture. According to the U.S. constitution one is considered innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent, like we have now. Imo, most of the alphabet agencies presume guilt by their existence & are unconstitutional.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: NJE777
a reply to: TinySickTears

Maybe it is about all the illegal aliens. They might be trying to address the number of illegals in the country.

How does a lie about "needing ID to buy groceries" address illegal immigration?

I buy groceries daily without ever needing an ID to do it.

I guess you don’t buy alcohol, tobacco, spray paint, ammunition, canned dusting air, glue........

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join