It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If you are using a debit card, you are using ID. If you are using food stamps, you are using ID.
You needed ID to get these cards. You would not have these cards if you did not have ID.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Actually, Visa and MasterCard prohibit businesses from asking for an ID to verify a purchase with one of their debit or credit cards. The signature is what’s needed.

source
edit on 01amWed, 01 Aug 2018 10:24:17 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

pray tell..
how do you show a website your id???
point me to one ecommerce site that is set up to ask you for your id!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

This is absolute nonsense. Seriously, the mental gymnastics that you guys try to pull to defend the dotard words is pretty hilarious, but very very sad and incredibly troublesome.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: darkbake

If you are using a debit card, you are using ID. If you are using food stamps, you are using ID.
You needed ID to get these cards. You would not have these cards if you did not have ID.

Wow, you are really trying hard to justify Trumps incorrect statement. Yes, ID is needed to get a debit card or food stamp card, but not for getting groceries. Debit cards or food stamp cards are not ID, they are a form of payment.
edit on 01amWed, 01 Aug 2018 10:26:49 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
In the USA, if beer/wine/liquor/tobacco & some OTC medications are on one's grocery list, one needs an ID to buy groceries.

Only if you don't look of legal age. That only makes sense.

Also in the USA if one is using a credit/debit card to make a purchase, showing ID is required by law. I thought this was standard practice in western civilization & basic knowledge to U.S. citizens.

Not to my knowledge. I can't see it being different in the States. IDK what the brouhaha is about this. Why are we even discussing everyday transactions? This is a no brainer.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have to show an ID to buy cold medicine.

I don’t have to show an ID to vote.

I have to prove who I am to try to alleviate the symptoms of the common cold.

I do not have to prove who I am to vote in an election.

Who doesn’t get the point?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I'd like to hear some verification of that because it sounds like kaka.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

ahh....
but do you really need a debit or credit card to buy something??
if you swing by the neighborhood convenience store just to pick up your morning coffee, or a candy bar, something that doesn't really cost that much, are you gonna pay with cash or with a card?
my kids pay with card and it drives me nuts...
lol..
strange how it was me that got hit by the identify thieves and they haven't been yet.
so, after having a few hundred dollars basically untouchable in my bank account for three months...
my groceries are even being bought with cash and no more wal mart pick up.. I'll go back to enduring walking through the stores and picking out my own groceries thank you!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I don’t have to show an ID to vote.

I have to prove who I am to try to alleviate the symptoms of the common cold.

I do not have to prove who I am to vote in an election.

Who doesn’t get the point?

The point you made makes more sense than what Trump said. This is because you thought it through more than Trump, or maybe because Trump hasn’t ever bought his own groceries and actually thinks you need ID to buy them. But don’t confuse your intelligent statement with Trumps nonesense. He wasn’t as articulate as you.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, if Trump's good at one thing, he seems to be really, really good at getting conservatives to support things I never thought i'd ever hear them support.

Government propaganda

Mandatory ids

Federal interference in private companies

Russians

More laws that increase federal authority

I'm sure i'm missing a bunch. This is just what i've noticed off the top of my head from reading crap here over the last few months.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm not saying its common practice but its against the law for a company to accept payment from a stolen credit card. Showing ID eliminates this possibility. Usually one verifies their billing address to use a credit card online. Back to the topic at hand. Its common practice to show ones ID when grocery shopping. This is not a lie & even if it is a lie, it doesn't matter or make any difference. Unlike Obama's & Democrat's lies, which actually harm or even kill people. See Obamacare, Benghazi, Fast N' Furious, Iran deal, cop shootings, etc..
edit on 1-8-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You are in Canada. Things must be different.

In the US, you do indeed need to show ID to purchase certain over the counter medication. They track who purchases how much, because the ingredients can be used to manufacture other drugs sold on the black market.

Legal Requirements for the Sale and Purchase of Drug Products Containing Pseudoephedrine, Ephedrine, and Phenylpropanolamine

The sale of cold medicine containing pseudoephedrine is limited to behind the counter. The amount of pseudoephedrine that an individual can purchase each month is limited and individuals are required to present photo identification to purchase products containing pseudoephedrine. In addition, stores are required to keep personal information about purchasers for at least two years.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

With some social programs in Illinois you need an ID Card also.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Words

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Words

I know what he said
You are a liar just like him. Just like most in this thread

You’re lying. There are plenty of reasons to use ID when buying groceries, and you just won’t admit it.

Lying again.
For method of payment yes. Not to buy groceries.

You're a liar.
Thats another fact

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

pray tell..
how do you show a website your id???
point me to one ecommerce site that is set up to ask you for your id!!!

If you are on an ecommerce site you are using a credit or debit card.
You need ID to open a credit or debit account.
Your ID is linked to your card.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Here is a dose of kaka for you... dig in.

The procedure may vary state by state, but generally to purchase a product containing the ingredient pseudoephedrine at a store with a pharmacy, you will need to do the following: go to the pharmacy or service counter show photo identification sign a logbook

Sudafed.com

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why are people still bringing up cold medicine and paying with a card?

Oh that's right. To justify the lie.

Have to twist it somehow. Can't just admit it was a lie.

Have to bring up Costco

Hahaha

Bunch of mental gentiles

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The only time I have ever done or seen this is the following:

If a person is making a credit card purchase, in some stores, the amount does not matter, while in others it is set on an amount. If a person is purchasing age controlled purchase. Beyond that I have never asked for, or been asked for an ID.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You do not need an I.D. to buy groceries, unless you are paying by check, and the I.D. is for the check.
Haven't done that in years. Swipe and go.

NO ID. Another day, another gimmicky bunch of crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join