It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you need ID to buy groceries?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Try to pay by check and I bet they will require you to show your ID. If the checker is conscientious they will ask for your ID if you use a credit or debit card, and that would be to deter fraud.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

He didn't lie. He just made a point, not being literal. Face it, you just aren't bright enough to understand the context.

To paraphrase Alfonso Bedoya, in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, "We don't need no stinkin' context!"

You should realize a statement like, "The Air Force states alien UFOs exist, solely in the minds of tin foil hat idiots," gets translated, "The Air Force states alien UFOs exist, run for your lives!"

Get with it!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
he made a point using a false statement!!
you do not "need" identification to buy anything...
you may need it to get a job, a home, ect...
but, the cash in my pocket says it's legal tender for all debts, and, I don't know of any store in the US that will refuse it or put any kind of requirements on accepting it in trade for goods. using it to buy certain things, like cig might have some requirements on it. and some places might refuse me because I am not a member.. but I assure you I could spend every dollar I have without needing my id!!
I just need the id that says I can drive to the store, and well, I needed many forms of id when I applied for the social security, and I would if I could still work... but, not to buy anything. that is just not true...
if you worked under the table, you wouldn't need it to earn money... although that is quite illegal.
you'd be paid in cash... so no problem there.
shack up with a girlfriend/boyfriend... housing is taken care of.
buying?? using cash, no problem.
it's not that you need as much as how badly you want to avoid jail and how much convenience you want in your life.
and ya, how much money you don't have on hand you want to spend!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I have been forced to go out to my car and get my ID numerous times at the grocery store.... yes, the effing grocery store to make purchases. That is the truth. Try buying Pedialyte when your child is sick. How about Sudafed and many other products sold at the grocery store.... they make you show an ID.

So nothing to do with an id being required to buy groceries.

Just completely to do with making purchases at a grocery store .
What the eff do you carry in from your car after you make a trip to the grocery store?
I carry in bags of groceries.

You have no credibility at this point.
Bye bye.

It’s hilarious seeing someone attack a persons “credibility” while defending Donald Trump, a man who lies when he sneezes.

Man I love ATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why ID? Hell they can track your movements through your credit and debit cards.

ETA: Hell everything from ID's to purchasing tools are going to be integrated into one card(chip) soon.
edit on 1-8-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You used to need an ID to write a check. That was before all of these cards everywhere. It's probably been that long since he did his own shopping. Remember when Bush was amazed by bar code scanning technology? These people don't know anything about the real world.

I think if someone like that walked into my store, I would ID him just for the hell of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I have been forced to go out to my car and get my ID numerous times at the grocery store.... yes, the effing grocery store to make purchases. That is the truth. Try buying Pedialyte when your child is sick. How about Sudafed and many other products sold at the grocery store.... they make you show an ID.

What the eff do you carry in from your car after you make a trip to the grocery store?

Bye bye.

It’s hilarious seeing someone attack a persons “credibility” while defending Donald Trump, a man who lies when he sneezes.

Man I love ATS.

Go to the grocery store, try to buy anything containing pseudoephedrine without an ID.
There are times (around Halloween) when local grocery stores require ID to purchase eggs.
My point is made.
I have been made to produce ID when buying groceries.
This thread is based on the OP’s conjecture that you never need ID to buy groceries.
It is false.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
and just what does voting have to do with me being able to buy food at the store???
and, I have an ID by the way....
but, it is kind of concerning to me that so many are so willing to take the claim that you just can't buy your food without an id..
ya see, ain't no one gonna die from not voting... but we all need to eat!
and every kid should have the experience of having and controlling a little bit of money, I mean isn't that what allowances are supposed to teach kids, how to spend or save money?
say something enough times, get enough people believing it, and it might become reality..
but do we really want our kids to have to have an id, or card, or chip to be able to just spend the couple of bucks we give them to teach them life's lessons? won't young children just loose the id, the card, or whatever and then where will we be... chips?

if you want to talk about voting and protecting the integrity of the system, that is one thing..
but let's keep the discussion in the real world, ya know the one where I can still take my cash to the store and buy whatever I need to.
and our current president just doesn't seem to be able to do that, he keeps flying off to some alternate reality that I don't recognize thinking that we will all just buy the bull...
but, as all those who have been warning us of this one world gov't with it's cashless society and microchipped humans should know..
this is one alternate fact we should all be rejecting outright!!
we don't want it!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Edumakated
he made a point using a false statement!!
you do not "need" identification to buy anything...
you may need it to get a job, a home, ect...
but, the cash in my pocket says it's legal tender for all debts, and, I don't know of any store in the US that will refuse it or put any kind of requirements on accepting it in trade for goods. using it to buy certain things, like cig might have some requirements on it. and some places might refuse me because I am not a member.. but I assure you I could spend every dollar I have without needing my id!!
I just need the id that says I can drive to the store, and well, I needed many forms of id when I applied for the social security, and I would if I could still work... but, not to buy anything. that is just not true...
if you worked under the table, you wouldn't need it to earn money... although that is quite illegal.
you'd be paid in cash... so no problem there.
shack up with a girlfriend/boyfriend... housing is taken care of.
buying?? using cash, no problem.
it's not that you need as much as how badly you want to avoid jail and how much convenience you want in your life.
and ya, how much money you don't have on hand you want to spend!!!

Good grief... I might as well be explaining particle physics to my dog debating with some of you.

The example he used is not literal, but to make a larger point. He didn't mean there is no situation where you cannot buy groceries without ID. He just used that as an example to drive home the point you need an ID to do even relatively simple things in every day life.

Yes, you can buy groceries with no ID assuming you are paying cash unless you are purchasing something like alcohol, cigarettes, or some over the counter medicines.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Bye bye.

Man I love ATS.

Go to the grocery store, try to buy anything containing pseudoephedrine without an ID.
There are times (around Halloween) when local grocery stores require ID to purchase eggs.
My point is made.
I have been made to produce ID when buying groceries.
This thread is based on the OP’s conjecture that you never need ID to buy groceries.
It is false.

Alcohol, tobacco and lottery sometimes require ID. Fact is, people are using ID to buy groceries.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Words

Fact is you are all lying.
You don't need id to purchase groceries.

Certain methods of payment require id
Items like beer and cold medicine require id

You do not need id to buy groceries.

You know it and I know it and you are all lying flat out. You try to twist it by talking about checks and cold meds.

Facts are facts. Trump lied. You all are it up and you all are lying.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Well, he does love the poorly educated, and could shoot someone in the street and still be loved by his adoring fans, that would be him talking about his base(I'm not claiming either)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: wylekat

Yup just one of those things that demonstrate how out of touch he really is.

I mean, how can a a billionaire, son of a property tycoon possibly have the kind of real world experience that he can relate to the man on the street.

You can add "sh#ts on a golden toilet" to that..lol..he is waaaaaay out of touch

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You know it and I know it and you are all lying flat out. You try to twist it by talking about checks and cold meds.

Mate these racist far right rednecks will do anything to defend the lying scumbag. As long as they think that they're going to get their stupid wall and keep the dirty Mexicans out.

There's no point in arguing with them. They simply don't have the mental capacity to take in anything you say.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Fact is, you’re spreading anti-Trump propaganda. It’s not like you watched the rally, had a problem with it, and wanted to talk about it. You turned on the news, got your marching orders, and went full bore to disseminate it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I know what he said
You are a liar just like him. Just like most in this thread

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I can confirm that I don’t need an ID to buy groceries. Not when using cash, not when using debit, not when using food stamps, not ever.

This is just more fake news coming from Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I know what he said
You are a liar just like him. Just like most in this thread

You’re lying. There are plenty of reasons to use ID when buying groceries, and you just won’t admit it.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In the USA, if beer/wine/liquor/tobacco & some OTC medications are on one's grocery list, one needs an ID to buy groceries. Also in the USA if one is using a credit/debit card to make a purchase, showing ID is required by law. I thought this was standard practice in western civilization & basic knowledge to U.S. citizens. Buying certain paints & glues also requires ID. Its actually illegal to be in public without a state ID, at least in Florida.
edit on 1-8-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

she provided a video clip of him saying it...
so obviously he said that you can't buy anything without an id..
it's right there, on the video.
we're just telling yous...
this isn't true!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join