It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Calls Out Koch Brothers...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Really surprised no thread on this... we all know the Democrats hate the Koch brothers, the billionaire James Bond villains of politics. It is almost impossible to have any kind of political discussion without someone yelling "but the Koch brothers!"

Trump took to twitter and call them globalists and a joke.

It is interesting because many of us Trump supporters have been trying to tell leftist that there is a war going on in the Republican party. Trump is to Republicans as Bernie is to Democrats. Trump just happened to pull it off in spite of the Republicans trying to thwart him. A significant portion of the Republican party does not like the globalist agenda that is typically pushed by establishment Republicans... a la the Mitch McConnells, Paul Ryans, etc.

Here is Trump in his own words on Twitter:

"The globalist Koch Brothers, who have become a total joke in real Republican circles, are against strong borders and powerful trade. I never sought their support because I don’t need their money or bad ideas," Trump said in a post on Twitter. "They love my Tax & Regulation Cuts, Judicial picks & more. I made them richer" Trump continued his angry tirade: "Their network is highly overrated, I have beaten them at every turn. They want to protect their companies outside the U.S. from being taxed, I’m for America First & the American Worker - a puppet for no one. Two nice guys with bad ideas. Make America Great Again!"

The Koch brothers seem to be more open borders and globalism as their companies benefit from both policies.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Trump seems to be the average "joe's" president. You can tell by how much the repubs and dems despise him. Koch bothers seem like bad news.
edit on 31-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So the president calls out the Koch brothers because the Koch brothers, who have mutliple businesses, recognize that the US is hostile to companies in the way they tax them.

Now on top of that, they have to contend with the tariffs Trump has implemented that are making it even MORE hard for businesses to be profitable

And its the Koch brothers fault?

Have we abandoned all logic?

(que the dogpile on me because I dont agree with the president on this)

Lets not forget the presidents businesses operating over seas.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I firmly believe that Trump has a info gathering network second to none. And when he says something there is a reason, and he more than likely can't share what is really going on.

In short I trust Trump, until he inevitably lets me down.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I really think there is no difference between GOP (and their backers) and DNC (and their backers).

They both want what is best for them and to use and screw us over at every chance we get.

Yet we salivate and vote for these tools every ####ing two to four to six years.

There are some days where I think that an EMP blast might not be such a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I really think there is no difference between GOP (and their backers) and DNC (and their backers).

They both want what is best for them and to use and screw us over at every chance we get.

Yet we salivate and vote for these tools every ####ing two to four to six years.

There are some days where I think that an EMP blast might not be such a bad idea.

The RNC and DNC are like WWE wrestlers.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Honestly I dunno who's backing trump...someone is...every american president has some backer. But there's two different sets of rich
elite's or whatever the #....I prefer the term rich insane assholes #ing the world personally...

Anyway, there's a bunch of rich technocrat neoliberal #s...think elon musk, bezos, silicon valley type folks... then there's the rich old boy, neo conservative club, the koch brothers, Rockefellers , all the usual oldschool ATS thread topics. They're not friends. They don't like each other and both groups have # tons of money. These are the people responsible for dividing america. On one side you've got all that new money with their goals of an authoritative technocratic, open world, politically correct, dystopian nightmare. Then you've got the rich evangelical, terrified of death mother #ers who want to make as much money as they can off destroying the world. # em all....
edit on 31/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Except many R's and D's have single payer lifetime health insurance and a Great single payer pension for life.

By single payer I mean tax payer funded.

The RNC and DNC are like WWE wrestlers.

edit on 31-7-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded

I firmly believe that Trump has a info gathering network second to none. And when he says something there is a reason, and he more than likely can't share what is really going on.

In short I trust Trump, until he inevitably lets me down.

Trump isnt always playing 4D chess, there are MUTIPLE MULTIPLE times we have heard him spout off about things he clearly didnt know what he was talking about.

Im sure he has a great team of people around him that gather information, but that doesnt mean that everything he says is true, or even fact.

Hes president, not a god

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Trump is flawed but seems to be on the average voters side.

When Trump tells me over and over that I will save $2500 on my health care and can keep my Dr if I like him/her. And gets a pass from the Fascist Corp Pess, then I will call him out.

Trump is really in the lions den, and TPTB hate him and do not want him on the average joe's side.

Is he God. Of course not. I did not compare him to God.

(post by ellascott removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded

I understand what youre saying, but the simple truth of the matter, is I find it a bit dubious for him to slam Koch Brothers, when the fact of the matter is, his Tariffs have caused it to be even worse for companies to stay state side.

Especially when his own , and his wifes own businesses are operating over seas, is this not a bit hypocritical?

I can also tell you its hell having your own business a lot of times here in the US, and Trumps tariffs have wreaked havok on the medical industry and supply chains.

Its not sustainable, and eventually we wont have the money to "bail out" everyone these tariffs hurt, were basically paying DOUBLE over what we were in other areas , as a nation, because were having to FIX the issues the tariffs are causing.

You think the medical industry is expensive right now? Just wait.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Kock-Boener vs. Cockburn-Weiner 2020.
Beavis and Butthead for the independents.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The problem is that our trade agreements are so far out of step with our trading partners that something has to be done.

There is going to be pain, trust me the billionare's who have exploited a very flawed system will be ju$t Fine $$$$.

And yes Trump is a hypocrite, just check out his fancy Chinese ties.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The problem is that our trade agreements are so far out of step with our trading partners that something has to be done.

Agreed, but as we saw with the last administration, just doing ANY SOMETHING, is not necessarily the right answer, and can be catastrophic.

I can tell you that I hope none of you need any medical replacements anytime soon if this continues, and as it keeps going, even down to the most basic medical equipment is going to be astronomical, its already not cheap.

Its easy to see things sometimes as sticking it to the man, or rah rah, but there are long term effects. Its costing us ridiculous amounts of money at the moment just to keep our EMS rigs with what they need to have to save lives, and its getting higher.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Its costing us ridiculous amounts of money at the moment just to keep our EMS rigs with what they need to have to save lives, and its getting higher.

Are EMS companies for profit? Are they also a business that has a bottom line?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So the president calls out the Koch brothers because the Koch brothers, who have mutliple businesses, recognize that the US is hostile to companies in the way they tax them.

Now on top of that, they have to contend with the tariffs Trump has implemented that are making it even MORE hard for businesses to be profitable

And its the Koch brothers fault?

Have we abandoned all logic?

(que the dogpile on me because I dont agree with the president on this)

Lets not forget the presidents businesses operating over seas.

One or both Kochs threw their support behind Hillary in 2016. Its not hard to figure out their motivation.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
No one has shouted about the Koch brothers since they stopped talking about the other billionaire who just happens to be interested in US politics.

LOL

Shut up you liars!!!

😆

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Its costing us ridiculous amounts of money at the moment just to keep our EMS rigs with what they need to have to save lives, and its getting higher.

Are EMS companies for profit? Are they also a business that has a bottom line?

Of course they are, to both accounts.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

One or both Kochs threw their support behind Hillary in 2016. Its not hard to figure out their motivation.

Perhaps , but just like anything else, just because they may have supported someone else, doesnt mean their assessment as wrong.

And as a business owner, like I have stated before, they have many valid points.

I deal in facts not partisanship.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join