It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People I haven't seen in over 23 years look like they haven't aged at all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Screw the way people look, that's why I love people, they're all different,

what is not becoming different / varied is the WAY PEOPLE ACT!

What The Holy Hell Has Happened? ( mind you, I'm only in my late 30s )

But people have becomingly gotten less empathetic while becoming more vocal towards people's freedoms... ( somehow )

Less tolerant towards people's opinions but more opinionated

Less knowledgeable while voicing for change more

All falls inside this lack of empathy / listening / trying to learn while teaching motif

I'll say that I agree to a large part and I'm in the same age group. I think much of this is because when we are younger we are often more isolated or not present where people speak out like/where they do now. We also had less opportunity to be around people who were speaking out, etc, often because we were in school with others like us.

I think this has a few main reasons and it is the MSM (from broadcast TV, cable, newspapers, magazines, etc) and the Internet. Look at the consolidation of ownership of all the major media outlets since 1980 (which seems to be when things started to get noticeably bad, it was bad enough before, but then it just got blatantly out of control). Not only do you have the news outlets but you have the movie & TV studios, which have merged with news outlets or released their own. There used to be separation and individual ownership. Now not so much. If you dig deep enough into who really owns the popular websites (maybe even ATS???) I think most would be surprised to find a few layers before finding their real owners or those who set the "tone" of the site.

There were a lot of outspoken people in the late 60's and 70's but there wasn't the media & internet to allow people to share like they do now. Factor in the break down of the family unit, the lowering of standards in public schools, the push for racial and gender equality in schools and employment where ability, aptitude, skill, etc are not the primary focus (or deciding reason) for hiring, and this all ads up to dumber people, angrier people, and a more divided nation where people need to vent (often their ignorance or misguided knowledge fed to them by the MSM).

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
When I was younger, I looked older. Helped getting booze for me mates.

When I was older, I looked younger.

Now I am old, I look like a haggard old wino, who somehow retained all his teeth. Well, apart from one that I ripped out myself using a Philips screwdriver and needle nose pliers. And a rather large amount of vodka, to get the taste of blood out of my mouth. Funny how extreme pain can cause you to do scary things to yourself.

I guess I am saying, it's mandela effect again. They obviously look younger because they are from a younger timeline. The 4'th dimension of time traverses differently in each timeline.

Or you're old. and they did a better job of not aging

lol ionno...

edit on 1-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Sooooo.... I’ve been thinking about this same thing lately. I’m 47 (I always say “almost 50” but 47 is exact) and my 30th HS reunion is approaching. Every year I’m blown away bc my school seems to age and have aged minimally compared to what I see elsewhere. Almost like some weird time warp lol...

It’s not just “living right” and it SEEMS like way too many ppl to be just genetic.

Me and my close “crowd” specifically, were BIG partiers in the day. We grew up on the beach in the Florida panhandle so it was kind of hard to avoid. Of course, since this was the 80s, we also tanned to a crisp (using things like iodine and baby oil and those space-age looking silver towels to lay on.) Most of us were fair skinned but there were a some black girls and boys in our group. There werent a lot of Hispanics in the panhandle then but there were a few. (pointing that out bc it wasn’t “dark skin” that prevented our burns from aging us)

Fast forward and I personally bartended and continued partying hard (and adding tanning booths to my sun regimen) into my late 20’s. Eventually settled down and stopped drinking for the most part but smoked until 3 years ago. Most of my group followed similar patterns.

Again, today, we could ALL pass for 10-15 years younger than our age. And I don’t just mean look youthful... I mean no wrinkles, no sun damage, no thinning hair etc.

We actually talk about this a lot - as do others from our area- ppl sometimes jokingly asking if we made a deal with the devil back then and couldn’t remember it. (That’s a joke - just in case that’s not clear.)

Anyway, I have three real theories.. well, sort of bc they are kind of out there too...

1. I think true coastal ppl (born / raised) simply don’t age as fast. Maybe it’s growing up with the salt in the air (you know they have places you go now to sit in “salt rooms” that supposedly make you look younger). Or that none of us wore makeup until our 20’s for the most part and then, not much. It could also be that most “natives” to my hometown prob have some Native American heritage (I know I and a couple of my friends do, even though we naturally have light complexions).

2. Infrared energy is another big anti-aging trend which could also go hand in hand growing up coastal.

3. It could be a chicken or the egg thing where a youthful mindset kind of goes hand in hand with the partier lifestyle (even if you settle down later) and your mindset then shapes reality and keeps you looking youthful longer.

In any case it’s an interesting question for sure and wish I could say for sure why it is this way,..

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Maybe you just need glasses.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I suspect it's cannabinoids and the ability to feel young. Heard the same text from my ex lately, she was utterly amazed to see no wrinkles in my face regardless of the heavy smoking. And we didn't see each other for 20 years or so, so there's that.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Id say you more than likely have somewhat of a photographic memory, but if you wanna grab the tin foil, here's the newest Hollywood 'craze'....

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

I grew up much further south in the state than you, but I have to disagree with the idea that coastal people look younger naturally. Younger with the help of cosmetics and surgery maybe, but that's artificial youth.
The 30/40/50-somethings where I live in MI look much more youthful than folks back in FL. The friends we keep in touch with look ragged by comparison. For example, my 90 year old neighbor doesn't look like she's out of her 60's yet, and the 60-somethings next door look like they're in their 40's. My 30-something beach bunny friends back in FL have substantially more visible aging signs (sagging skin, copious wrinkles, etc) than my 60 year old neighbors do.

Michigan is a surprisingly cloudy state over the course of the year. As we all know, clouds do a good job filtering the UV. I think that has something to do with it, not salt in the air.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I know the feeling. I have some friends who have not aged a day in the past ten years. yet I recently met up with a guy from my class in high school. We are the same age; just a few months difference in birthdays. This guy looked like he was at least a hundred years old. Thin, drawn, and feeble when he moved around.
As far as I know, we have had similar work and life histories; military , construction and the like.
It may be largely genetic, it seems I remember his father being slim and gaunt in appearance. But the contrast between him and my other friends was remarkable.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's Genetics and low stress level. I'm one of these people so is my wife. Me and the wife are close to Mid - 30's and we both still get regularly ID'd when buying alcohol or gambling. It was flattering for a while but has become irritating as the years have gone on.

I have several friends like this as well, I love life and live it. Stay stress free because there is no point stressing

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think its to do with you aging with them, I look at my mates and from 20 years ago and we meet I think we all look the same.

I don't think I look like my dad did, but when I look back at old photos he looks young to what I remember.

He was younger than I am now when he re-built a car, built a large shed, took us around the world a few times but at the time he was my old man, now I look back at the photos and its really levelling.

If you have any old photos of your colleagues have a look at them, you will see how they have aged.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

FYI, if you are not over 40 you shouldn't even be posting that you look young, I hope you do look young because YOU ARE YOUNG! LOL

Love your post as it is something I've been told my entire life. Even when I was in grade school people always thought I was younger, and on and on. I went to a reunion and people were shocked, and said I hadn't changed one bit, they looked at me like an alien. I've run into former co-workers and they are always shocked and have all said the same thing. I looked at a photo of myself that spanned 30 years, and I really don't look any different other than hairstyle.

Here's the secret : #1 Genes, #2 I do not drink, smoke or do drugs or prescription drugs. (I think many prescription drugs age you)
I do get 10x the sun a normal person would as I am almost always outside, I never wear sunscreen ever. (I think sun makes you look younger I don't have a single wrinkle)
I drink a seriously bad amount of soda and eat junk food. I do eat lots of healthy food too. I don't use any kind of lotion or potions on my face ever. My family has some kind of crazy hair gene, we all have super thick, full dark hair that grows 2x as fast as most. I think good hair adds a lot to youthfulness.

Side note: Many people in my family have lived well past 100 including several men. Even though I don't eat the best, I have absolute perfect health, very low blood pressure, perfect cholesterol etc. My doctor has always said he would trade numbers with me in a second.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

Maybe you just need glasses.

This touches on something, a huge, glaring oversight that, at least, any detective or erstwhile thinking person on the planet would have to ask. What if the OP is just somebody posting lying crap, trolling, if it's all an entertainment fiction? Maybe that doesn't sound nice, but, in fact, in this age of the web, the overwhelming likelihood is that it's just that, crapola. To ignore this probability seems a little like somebody saying the Tooth Fairy only left them a dime, which doesn't account for inflation, and people replying that it could be a lucky dime.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That’s an awesome answer.

I disagree with you but I love your answer!

I also disagree with the poster who says sun and salt aid don’t necessarily play a factor. And also the one who said don’t drink and don’t smoke.

As I mentioned, me and my group did it all. But since everything put forward can also be realistically debated from the other side, I’d fall back to genetics and mindset. Or just dumb luck for those of us that fall in that category. 😂

a reply to: Scrutinizing

edit on 1-8-2018 by nicevillegrl because: Eta

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Some people look old forever. The woman who babysat me is still alive and has looked like the crypt keeper since then. Ive expected her death for decades.. She's been a hundred for at least 50 years now.
edit on 2-8-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Older thread, I know, but found this interesting. Seems like an X-Files moment, eh? I can see the "kids" looking like their parents. My brother looked just like our dad when he was a baby, less later, and then, after y dad was gone, almost identical, save for hair differences. I hadn't seen hi for a year, since Dad died, and when I did again, felt like I was seeing a ghost. Really bugged me. Just looked WAY more like him as he aged. People who look middle aged, though, and don't seem to age in 2.5 decades? Yeah, that's weird. Are you sure they don't look aged at al? No wrinkles, tiny lines, nothing? I look younger than I am, so many claim, though to me, I look older, but there are signs. None at all, for one person, even, maybe not too weird. For several? Not related? Can you state what sort of workplace this was, without too many personal details? Any reason to think something could be off with these folks? The reaction from the one lady is weird, too. I have been told I looked younger than I am, and I didn't change the subject! Most women LOVE hearing that. So, something off there. Be cautious, just in case, if investigating!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join