It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Albert Einstein really that smart?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have came across information claiming Albert Einstein wasn't really as smart as once previous thought. Rumor has it he took all the work from his first wife, Mileva Maric, and took all the fame and claim. (He did flunk out of High School for Christ's Sake.)

Sounds dumb, but was wondering if anyone else has came across such info and could it be possible?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
I have came across information claiming Albert Einstein wasn't really as smart as once previous thought. Rumor has it he took all the work from his first wife, Mileva Maric, and took all the fame and claim. (He did flunk out of High School for Christ's Sake.)

Sounds dumb, but was wondering if anyone else has came across such info and could it be possible?

I heard the same thing on a CBC radio interview in Canada years ago. There is a book written about it, published in France I think, but the book was embargoed in North America. ,,,Supposedly he left her with his first child who was disabled... So - he stole the theory from his first wife - then another woman did the math to prove it. Hmmm. Sounds like a pretty common story, even though we have no verification.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I have came across information claiming Albert Einstein wasn't really as smart as once previous thought. Rumor has it he took all the work from his first wife, Mileva Maric, and took all the fame and claim.

Really?

Let me guess, you got that info from the Rense.com

Einstein donated his brain to be studied for research purposes after his death and scientists did get a hold of his brain. They found that parts of his parietal lobes were large and unusually shaped. And those parts have been found to be responsible for mathematical and spatial reasoning.

From that you could deduct that the weight, size and number of convuloted folds directly correlate to the spatial reasoning, meaning Einstein was indeed smart, or you could just say he stole his work from his wife. Your choice. FYI, Most people tend to go with the first explanation.

Not only that Einstein proposed Special and General Theory of Relativity in his 20s. Scientists have found out that spatial reasoning is highest in the 20s, which could be another reason Einstein was so smart in his 20s, not that he wasn't after that.

Surf

EDIT: Einstein was found to have an IQ of over 200.

[edit on 2/21/2005 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Albert Einstein had ADD, and so do I, so don't try to post anything misleading about ADD that you know isn't true. And to all of the people with ADD out there, just know that it is extremely hard to put what it is in words, so if something doesn't seem right to you, just know that it is what I think.

When you have ADD, you try to calculate everything in your head and make sure everything works just right, or else you flip out (or at least that's what happens to me). And sometimes when you are busy working things out in your head, you might come across something that seems interesting to you. But with ADD, it is very easy to start something that could change the world (like the famous E=MC squared), but never finish it.

It is a theory that Einstein stole the work from his wife, but in my humble opinion he just started the whole thing and his wife helped him keep on track and did a small portion of the work for him.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If all that is true then you could add that to the whol zionist conspiracy

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
Albert Einstein had ADD, and so do I, so don't try to post anything misleading about ADD that you know isn't true.

Settle down, I for one never knew Einstein had ADD, big flippin' deal if he did; and secondly I never once spoke about ADD let alone "mislead" anyone about ADD. Sorry you felt attacked, I still have no clue where you got the idea I was posting something "misleading about ADD" that I knew wasn't true, wtf?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Its_True_I_Promise, I didn't mean to say that you ever did. I've just had some problems in the past with people thinking they know everything about the disorder, and I was sort of in a bad mood that day, too. Don't take any offense to what I said.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
Its_True_I_Promise, I didn't mean to say that you ever did. I've just had some problems in the past with people thinking they know everything about the disorder, and I was sort of in a bad mood that day, too. Don't take any offense to what I said.

No problem/worries dude; just wasn't really sure where i went wrong

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Perhaps Einstein noticed a pattern when he was working at the patents office . That some patents for inventions were a combination of other inventions that weren't as successful on their own. So he saw an opportunity to create a new compilation (plagiarization) of others peoples work and presented it as his own original work.

Before Einstein published his special theory of relativity in 1905

James Maxwell wrote about the nature of light in 1878
George FitzGerald wrote about length contraction in 1889
Olinto De Pretto published E=mc^2 in 1903.
Lorentz created time dilation in 1904

Unfortunately Einstein made a change to Lorentz formula that might yet prove wrong,

top topics

join