It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN finally admits Russia probe won't lead to Trump indictment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JBurns

Just 6 short months ago, we still had a litany of Internet postings, pundits and even congressmen & women asserting Trump would be indicted.

Actually, no. The idea that a sitting president can be indicted has always been an open question but Trump has never been a target of Mueller. You know that, right?

On the other hand, a sitting president can be impeached. But that's a political process, not a legal process.

Yeah, try telling the silly one that..

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
It means thar Junior will get roasted instead..

LOL for what, listening to what a Russian had to say, that was expressly permitted to enter the country by Obama Cronies and walking out 20 minutes later?

The US government vetted her before she came here, and they let her in. She was a trap. Prove that Junior fell for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I vaguely remember some lady who wears pantsuits was supposed to be arrested and thrown in jail 3 or 4 years ago. Has she been arrested yet?

So that everyone can claim he did it to distract from Russia collusion? Ha no. Politics 101.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Just 6 short months ago, we still had a litany of Internet postings, pundits and even congressmen & women asserting Trump would be indicted.

On the other hand, a sitting president can be impeached. But that's a political process, not a legal process.

What punishment does "Obstruction of Justice" bring to a U.S. President?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
It means thar Junior will get roasted instead..

LOL for what, listening to what a Russian had to say, that was expressly permitted to enter the country by Obama Cronies and walking out 20 minutes later?

The US government vetted her before she came here, and they let her in. She was a trap. Prove that Junior fell for it.

Not to mention, oh look,

Alleged Russian agent had contacts with Obama officials

It was kind of their job to meet with Russians, but that's no excuse. We've already established, like with Jeff Sessions,that meeting Russians under any circumstances, even if it's your job like it was his job when he was a senator, is proof of "collusion".

#, everybody is a Russian agent now.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

For what crime?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
CNN has backpeddled on previous statements

To the contrary, CNN and the majority of other educated commentators and journalists have said from near the beginning that Trump would not be indicted, but rather impeachment was the risk.

Weird that you claim otherwise.

Please link to a few stories where CNN said Trump would be indicted?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: Wayfarer

So what you are saying is Mueller proves this to be true you don't care and Trump should remain as President? WOWWWW you folks are something else.

No, not at all. I'm all for removing Trump if its found he broke the law somehow, I'm just saying I have no faith that Republican senators are going to impeach a Republican president, regardless of the charges.

I think Republican Senators have repeatedly proven themselves to be self-interested cowards.

The same reason they tow the line despite every Trump scandal is the same reason they would quickly turn on him if indefensible offenses are thoroughly proven in Mueller's final report. Any position that would threaten their re-election or critical erosion in Trump's popularity and they would line up like the Ides of March.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Perhaps you're right and the Republican's sweep the ballots, or perhaps the Blue wave is real and sends em all packing. Who has time to run semantic circles debating something that doesn't have an answer yet?

Unless that blue wave sweeps in a majority in the house and a total of 67 senators for the dems there will be no impeachment.
Or has that not occurred to anyone yet?
I do not think the math is there for the dems.

Oh I agree with you, I think its extremely unlikely that the Dem's retake Congress (or even just the House).

They won't take the Senate, but they have a 60-70% shot at taking the House.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Well it appears

A) Trump's long time personal attorney and fixer is claiming that despite repeated claims/lies Trump had prior knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting.

B) That would mean that Trump Jr. clearly and repeatedly lied to Congress under oath. That is an indictable offense.

C) Interesting that despite this offer by Cohen to give Mueller evidence or testimony about the same, Mueller hasn't reached out to Cohen about cooperating. That means that Mueller likely already knows and can prove the same without Cohen's help.

Things definitely seem to be heating up.

It would also make sense that Mueller would reserve any controversial recommendations for indictment (Americans) until his final report which he wants to get done before September to avoid election season creep.

It will be an interesting August IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Perhaps you're right and the Republican's sweep the ballots, or perhaps the Blue wave is real and sends em all packing. Who has time to run semantic circles debating something that doesn't have an answer yet?

Unless that blue wave sweeps in a majority in the house and a total of 67 senators for the dems there will be no impeachment.

Oh I agree with you, I think its extremely unlikely that the Dem's retake Congress (or even just the House).

ahahahahaha
aaaahahahahaha
how quickly and easily you have forgotten...
www.nytimes.com...

Hillary Clinton has an 85% chance to win.

The Democrats have a 52% chance of winning the Senate.

www.cnn.com...

Hillary Clinton's odds of winning the presidency rose from 78% last week to 91% Monday before Election Day, according to CNN's Political Prediction Market.

ahahahahaha
aaaaaahahahahaha
perhaps you should peddle your bs elsewhere

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

ahahahahaha
aaaahahahahaha
www.nytimes.com...

www.cnn.com...

Hillary Clinton's odds of winning the presidency rose from 78% last week to 91% Monday before Election Day, according to CNN's Political Prediction Market.

ahahahahaha
aaaaaahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

ahahahahaha
aaaahahahahaha

I find it strange and a little sad and desperate that Trump supporters cling to a win of 70k spread over 3 states in the electoral college and losing the popular vote by a couple million as some indicator that Trumpism is bullet-proof.

It was the most unmotivated Democratic Base in decades in 2016.
It is the most motivated Democratic Base in decades now.

Good luck in the mid-terms. Posssibly with a lot of Russian help the GOP can hold the House, but from everything I have seen thus far, a wave is coming and god help Trumpites once Mueller issues his exhaustive, precise and likely damning report in the next 30 days along with the final round of indictments he has been saving for last.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ahahahahaha
aaaahahahahaha

I find it strange and a little sad and desperate that Trump supporters cling to a win of 70k spread over 3 states in the electoral college and losing the popular vote by a couple million as some indicator that Trumpism is bullet-proof.

It was the most unmotivated Democratic Base in decades in 2016.
It is the most motivated Democratic Base in decades now.

Good luck in the mid-terms. Posssibly with a lot of Russian help the GOP can hold the House, but from everything I have seen thus far, a wave is coming and god help Trumpites once Mueller issues his exhaustive, precise and likely damning report in the next 30 days along with the final round of indictments he has been saving for last.

Looks like you might be the last one left at the party. Once the crazy conspiracy theories of collusion have finally died please don't forget to turn the lights out.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ahahahahaha
aaaahahahahaha
www.nytimes.com...

www.cnn.com...

ahahahahaha
aaaaaahahahahaha

Uhh, Brody, c'mon man, I'm pretty sure I'v had to explain this to you before already that you are misunderstanding how odds work. If Hillary had a 99.99% chance to win and lost it doesn't mean the odds were wrong (necessarily), but rather the diced rolled 0.01 in that instance. You'd need a historical database to confirm whether the odds were in fact incorrect (which they may have been).

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

So what you are saying is Mueller proves this to be true you don't care and Trump should remain as President? WOWWWW you folks are something else.

No, not at all. I'm all for removing Trump if its found he broke the law somehow, I'm just saying I have no faith that Republican senators are going to impeach a Republican president, regardless of the charges.

I think Republican Senators have repeatedly proven themselves to be self-interested cowards.

The same reason they tow the line despite every Trump scandal is the same reason they would quickly turn on him if indefensible offenses are thoroughly proven in Mueller's final report. Any position that would threaten their re-election or critical erosion in Trump's popularity and they would line up like the Ides of March.

Except I think most Republican Senators (at least the ones who haven't jumped ship and gotten out of politics at this point) are now firmly beholden to the mood of Trump's base, and therefore even if Mueller finds undeniable proof of Treason, as long as Trump keeps towing the PR line of 'Its all rigged/You can't trust US intelligence agencies/Hillary and Obama are out to get me/Mueller is the anti-christ/etc, and keeps his base happy enough to not care whatever Mueller presents the the Republican senators will acquiesce to Trumps prerogatives and entirely sweep Mueller's report under the rug.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
On top of that Mueller is going to lose his case vs Manafort and quickly... the judge is going to publicly shame Mueller and his team and that will be the end of it all.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What punishment does "Obstruction of Justice" bring to a U.S. President?

President cannot be tried for any criminal proceedings. So he can't be charged with obstruction. What can happen is he could be impeached from office for misconduct such as obstruction.

Funny people still don't realize Trump was never in danger of prosecution. His only fear was to be caught doing something that would get the senate to vote to impeach him.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That's the rub.

The next "ask" of the GOP is to accept the fact that proven "collusion" is no big deal.
Trump is already rolling out the PR spin via Giuliani and his own tweets in preparation for Mueller's conclusions.

It's a BIG ask IMO, but you have a point that so far the GOP in the senate have not deemed anything "A Bridge Too Far".

IMO a survival instinct will kick in. The Kochs are already threatening to turn on Trump and the Kochs bankroll a lot of GOP in congress.

Either way, interesting times. I also think even if all GOP in congress go full-nunes, the voters will catch up with them.

Trump won some swing districts by a hair that likely won't swing GOP again after the past year.

2020 is a year where twice as many GOP are up for re-election in the Senate as Dems. They will need to defend their actions and votes. I think self-interest will kick in eventually.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godstuff
On top of that Mueller is going to lose his case vs Manafort and quickly... the judge is going to publicly shame Mueller and his team and that will be the end of it all.

No manafort is in alot of trouble even if a judge knows why manafort is there the charges are real. His claim that he didn't know he was hiding millions from taxes isn't going to hold up. Do you really believe he didn't know he was supposed to pay taxes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join