It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: IAF Chief States "Israel Must be Prepared for a Strike on Iran"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The Commander-in-chief of the Israeli Air Force has said that Israel must be prepared to strike Iranian nuclear facilities due to the growing danger posed by the state.

Haaretz
Israel Air Force Commander-in-Chief Major General Eliezer Shakedi said Monday that Israel must be prepared for an air strike on Iran in light of its nuclear activity.
But in a meeting with reporters, Shakedi wouldn't say whether he thought Israel was capable of carrying out such a mission alone, as it did when it bombed an unfinished Iraqi nuclear reactor near Baghdad in 1981.

When asked whether Israel has a plan for the Iranian nuclear program, Shakedi replied, "You know that for obvious reasons, I won't say even a word."

But when asked whether he was confident the air force could provide the answer to the Iranian threat, Shakedi replied, "I must be prepared for everything."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These subtle hints at action are ones to be watched, the Commander in chief was not merely speaking out of turn but was sending veiled threats to the Iranians. Israel must be prepared for the aftermath and backlash that a strike on Iran would bring. The steady increase in tensions in the Middle East is a concern for Europe & the United States who both have vested interests in the region. For now it seems to be only a two horse show, Israel and Iran engaged in a war of subtle hints.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is gonna be one hardcore war I'll tell you that!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
IMO - someone needs to send Israel and the USA for time out. ...Iran does remain a problem, but lets not light the fuse.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ra-ra ree,

kick'em in the knee!

Ra-ra rass,

kick'em in the other knee!

100 to 1. My money is on Israel!

Hoo-yah!!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I bet Israel will probably strike while Europe and the US are still twiddling their thumbs. I just hope it will all work out for the best...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is nothing more than typical rhetoric from Israel, just as it is typical rhetoric from Iran to counter and vice versa.

Israel has been indicating thus for at least the past half year. As of yet, no such action by the Israelis has/have come to fruitition.

Between the two, it amounts to a psychological war of words, and IMHO, I do not see it going any further. Both, Israel and the Mullah run Theocracy of Iran, have no love lost between them.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'd put a lot more weight on Israel's words since they not only have the most powerful conventional army, as well as already have nukes, they've done this before with Iraq. If it came down to Iran having nukes, and attacking, they'd attack without hesitation.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There is no way Israel will let Iran get a nuke. Do not doubt their position on this. Israel has had no problem with carrying out preemptive attacks before (including the Iraq reactor...) and it's a tactic that has served them well. They remain convinced, rightly or wrongly, that Iran will wipe them off the map if they were to get nukes.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The poupular belief that Israel will not allow Iran to posess a nuclear weapon(s) is correct. Iran is a de-stabilazing force in the area and by haveing nukes, it just makes it worse. As to wether Israel will make a strategic strike on the reactors is anyones guess. If I had to bet though, I would say that Israel will will take them out along with the blessing of the U.S. When this happens the current climate in the world will go from bad to worse. Israel knows that we will step in and side with them and this is going to be a nightmare for all involved in the region.

top topics

join