It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Impacts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Jeeze this is like a three stooges sketch.....

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Never seen one. care to explain?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm laughing at myself... I was sure you had started a thread to debunk an astrological "impact" of the moon... and I was sooooo wrong!!! However, I had said that if someone started one I would comment so I was going to live up to my word.

This is really cool too though -- thank you! And I'll leave you this:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Not sure what an impact on the Moon has to do with astrology but Shoemaker-Levy did indeed hammer Jupiter.

Also a wonderful demonstration of the tidal destruction of a body which passed the Roche limit.
www.nature.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

The Moon didn't get hammered in the nuts. It got hammered by some nuts.

-dex

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danaluet
I'd be careful about anything NASA says. Just watched this video about how they doctor and edit most of their lunar shots.

This has nothing to do with NASA. The MIDAS system was conceived, designed and built in Spain.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The Moon got hammered. Two impacts were recorded by MIDAS on one day.

phys.org...

Hey Phage! Always a pleasure to talk to you. What's your take on the recent remarks that most of the craters... at least in appearance...seemingly are of the same relative depths?

Some fairly outlandish opinions on the implications that it's just a uniform "skin" on a "hollow" moon are being tossed around

Thanks for your thoughts... MS

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

What's your take on the recent remarks that most of the craters... at least in appearance...seemingly are of the same relative depths?
By "same relative depths" do you mean depth/diameter? They aren't. Smaller craters are relatively shallower than larger craters (lower d/D ratio). Which makes sense.
www.sciencedirect.com...
edit on 7/31/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Inredible that a wallnut-sized rock can release so much energy upon impact. Future manned lunar bases have to really watch out.

I wonder what size craters were left by these two impacts? If it's about 1 meter or more in diameter, LRO might just be able to see them. LRO's typical resolution is 0.5 m/pixel.

Here's one "before and after" view of a fresh impact by LRO:

lroc.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Future manned lunar bases have to really watch out.

Duck!

?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danaluet
I'd be careful about anything NASA says. Just watched this video about how they doctor and edit most of their lunar shots.

[Snipped]

Apparently Apollo 11 saw something NASA and the government don't want us to see and altered the moon landing photos. Intriguing, do you guys think it's true?

Wow I had never considered that before! Thank you for introducing me to this new and exciting line of thought! Please show me where I can learn more about this cutting edge research!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
The meteors were the size of walnuts. Really interesting-hope we can see the size of the craters impacts left behind sometime.

Current estimates suggest these two impacting 'meteoroids'—fragments of asteroids and comets—were both about the size of a walnut.

Read more at: phys.org...
a reply to: Phage

That's what happened to my "walnuts"... (note to self: wear a cup next time you go on a blind date with an ATS girl. They ARE fiesty...)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yes these walnuts contain/possess much power within...

But seriously I wonder how fast they were going?

Twice the speed of light like SpaceX? (joke)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
Yes, these are the fastest wallnuts in the Solar System!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join