It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D Plastic "Liberator" now available...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Although some of us have been hanging on to these computer files for some time (got mine before the first time the government overreached), I wanted to share these now-legal-to-post plans for a 3-D printed firearm known as "The Liberator"

Much like their WW2 counter-parts, these devices are an ace-in-the-hole for liberty and individual rights/freedoms. They ensure that gun control can never work. Moreso than our generational-majority in the SCOTUS, a prevalence of unregistered/unknown firearms will ensure that government not only has no clue where the firearms are/where they're mostly distributed, but also that any ban could be immediately counter-acted with cheap 3-D printed components (especially ridiculous magazine bans)

This is a great day for freedom.

grabcad.com...

*I believe they is a way to use molten alloys in order to cast some of the parts (or all) with alloy vs. 3-D composite materials

DISCLAIMER: This is the United States of America, a Constitutional Republic and a free society of liberty loving peoples. No disclaimer needed when you have first and second amendment rights. Those not living in the Free-America should promptly move to remedy that situation, and enjoy the mechanical challenge of building one of these valuable hedges against the intolerable tyranny of gun control.

edit on 7/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anti-gunner myth #1: These "ghost guns" (including the Liberator) can pass right through metal detectors

FALSE
Required metallic components will not pass through without detection.

-----------------------

Anti-gunner myth #2: These "ghost guns" will end up in the hands of criminals.

FALSE
These weapons will actually prevent crime by ensuring anti-gunners can never infringe on our 2A/14A enumerated unalienable natural rights. Any type of gun ban is a gift and god-send to criminals, who prefer their victims to be unarmed/defenseless when they attack.

Furthermore, it is already lawful to construct a legal firearm in your home. It only requires serialization if you are selling it. Additionally, criminals ignore the law and could've used already-available plans (I had them for years). Like all other forms of deregulation, this merely unties the hands/unbinds law abiding citizens who will unapologetically exercise our god-given rights.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this information!

Even if I never plan to use the plans I am downloading them in the interests of freedom and personal liberty. Americans have the right to defend themselves and I for one am grateful.
edit on 2018/7/31 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Let me know when they start replicating AR-15 and other popular handgun schematics, then it might peak my interest alittle more than it does now.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think we should have the freedom to print anything we like with our privately owned 3-d printers.

But let's be honest, these are toys.

A plastic gun is not going to protect you from a government or a criminal with a real gun made of metal.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Even if I never plan to use the plans I am downloading them in the interests of freedom and personal liberty. Americans have the right to defend themselves and I for one am grateful.

Thank you for holding on to them! The more of us who have these, the safer we all are a nation from tyrants and unconstitutional flavor-of-the-week laws (laws who target a person/group/idea vs. a specific criminal action)

I am thankful for the fellow patriots in this country who never gave up on our Constitutional rights and never gave in to pressure/dirty tricks by anti-gun political-minority groups. Especially the first and second amendments!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I am with you warpig1939
I believe they not only have designs (freely available on the Web now) but they even have 3D printers specifically designed for lawful firearm construction

If I'm not mistaken a congressional candidate (or current member of congress) is giving one of these machines away, though I can't remember who specifically. I will try a Google search to find more information out on that

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But let's be honest, these are toys.

A plastic gun is not going to protect you from a government or a criminal with a real gun made of metal.

No doubt about it. And I'd stick to CNC mills and such for longevity or quality, but at least these do prove that "it is impossible to ban guns" (although with our existing >400,000,000 firearms, that was already true)

A single/double shot firearm is better than no firearm, I suppose. As the German resistance did, gives you a chance to shoot the bad guy and take his metal gun
But I agree, that is about all they'd be good for. I'd never suggest anyone using this as a primary weapon or even in a situation where their life was in immediate danger (since 1-2 rounds is usually *not enough* to stop a threat before it can harm you)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wasn't it Obama that was looking at going after ammo to regulate heavily and leave guns alone. Think about what if every bullet had a serial numbers registered to you and you could only buy one at a time and needed to be a FFL to do it? Add 10 years in jail if caught with, or used a bullet not registered to you...

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hence the name "liberator", no doubt.

Liberator pistol wwII vintage.

It seems very unlikely that I'll ever own a 3-D printer, just as easy to make my own gun in a work shop, which I will have.

ETA: I suspect that these latter-day Liberators will be just as clumsy and ineffective. But as to the availability of these things as plans?

edit on 7/31/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the court ruling doesn't go in to effect until the 1st. Which means these are technically still illegal.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It seems very unlikely that I'll ever own a 3-D printer, just as easy to make my own gun in a work shop, which I will have.

Same here. Why go to all that trouble when you can by a nice piece still in the box down on 3rd street.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

They've already got schematics for some AR-15 parts. They also apparently have schematics for a full M9.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a First Amendment proponent. But to legally own and use a gun in the US, don’t you have to register a firearm with a registration #? Do these 3-D guns have unique identifiers?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a First Amendment proponent. But to legally own and use a gun in the US, don’t you have to register a firearm with a registration #? Do these 3-D guns have unique identifiers?

No, you do not. If you SELL a gun it is supposed to have a serial number.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Although some of us have been hanging on to these computer files for some time (got mine before the first time the government overreached), I wanted to share these now-legal-to-post plans for a 3-D printed firearm known as "The Liberator"

Much like their WW2 counter-parts, these devices are an ace-in-the-hole for liberty and individual rights/freedoms. They ensure that gun control can never work. Moreso than our generational-majority in the SCOTUS, a prevalence of unregistered/unknown firearms will ensure that government not only has no clue where the firearms are/where they're mostly distributed, but also that any ban could be immediately counter-acted with cheap 3-D printed components (especially ridiculous magazine bans)

This is a great day for freedom.

grabcad.com...

*I believe they is a way to use molten alloys in order to cast some of the parts (or all) with alloy vs. 3-D composite materials

DISCLAIMER: This is the United States of America, a Constitutional Republic and a free society of liberty loving peoples. No disclaimer needed when you have first and second amendment rights. Those not living in the Free-America should promptly move to remedy that situation, and enjoy the mechanical challenge of building one of these valuable hedges against the intolerable tyranny of gun control.

You said 2nd and 14th

What about the 1st????????????????????????????????

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a First Amendment proponent.

Cool!

But to legally own and use a gun in the US, don’t you have to register a firearm with a registration #?

No. To sell it, you do. Supposedly.

Do these 3-D guns have unique identifiers?

I have no idea. But I doubt it. You "print" out two guns, they'll be identical. "Print" out 200, they should still be identical. Or so I would presume.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Furthermore, it is already lawful to construct a legal firearm in your home. It only requires serialization if you are selling it. Additionally, criminals ignore the law and could've used already-available plans (I had them for years). Like all other forms of deregulation, this merely unties the hands/unbinds law abiding citizens who will unapologetically exercise our god-given rights.

I would actually like more information on this- I thought you needed a serial to be legal anyway.
Maybe I'm confusing it with suppression devices.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

In essence, yes.

I can, with a little time, build my own in any half decently equipped work shop. Would I? Probably not, since I can buy, legally or illegally, most any sort of hand gun, rifle, or shotgun I could ever want.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join