It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study finds Giza pyramid can focus electromagnetic energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I was mostly going with that in terms of the mentioning of muon tomography in the early part of the text. And indeed by modelling the response of the structure could reveal differences between an ideal model and reality.

admittedly, my skim read wasn't deep enough lol, though it is very clear that for the most part my post is correct... it has nothing to do with the pyramids as some kind of mystical ancient energy source/reservoir/ other as people keep rattling on about.... proves actually in a ironic way that OP and others barely even did a skim read lol

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

I was mostly going with that in terms of the mentioning of muon tomography in the early part of the text. And indeed by modelling the response of the structure could reveal differences between an ideal model and reality.
Yes, I remember the discovery of the unexpected void in the Great Pyramid that was reported in November of last year. They used cosmic-ray muon radiography to locate that.

When I was looking for the reference to that discovery, I came across another analysis performed by Egyptologist Dr. David Lightbody. He has a completely different take on the data. He believes the voids are closer to the Grand Gallery, and that they are simply a series of construction voids left by the pyramid builders due to the tight fit of the Grand Gallery within the structure.

It's also interesting to note that the researchers in this latest study made several assumptions about the pyramid in order to do their modeling. From the RT article:

Due to the lack of information about the physical properties of the pyramid, researchers had to work off a number of assumptions - including that there are no unknown cavities inside, and the building material with the properties of an ordinary limestone is evenly distributed in and out of the pyramid.
emphasis mine

Because the conclusions of the article in the Journal of Applied Physics make no mention of either the new void, or the Grand Gallery itself, it's unclear to me whether these cavities were taken into consideration in their models.

Unfortunately because of the theoretical nature of this model, it's not really feasible to test it. Perhaps, if their future work indicates higher frequencies could be used to stimulate their proposed resonances then it might be testable. And, as you indicate, those results may be useful in confirming, or refuting, last years discovery, as well as locating additional voids that have so far eluded other research efforts.

admittedly, my skim read wasn't deep enough lol, though it is very clear that for the most part my post is correct... it has nothing to do with the pyramids as some kind of mystical ancient energy source/reservoir/ other as people keep rattling on about.... proves actually in a ironic way that OP and others barely even did a skim read lol

LOL. Yep. I'm on the other end of the scale. I spent way too much time reading their paper. It was still interesting though. And I believe I learned a thing or two.

Perhaps sometimes I'm not as skeptical as I should be. But I do like to keep my mind open to certain "woo" theories from time to time. For me, it makes life a little bit more fun.

It's all good. And thanks for the reply!

-dex

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: trollz

would never work using the actual Pyramids because they are not made of metal.
Or if it worked it would be inferior to a metal Pyramid.

So I really doubt that the great Pyramids were built with this purpose in mind.

That's equal to saying to some race a thousand years more advanced
"those humans wouldnt have used metal to build spaceships, it would have never worked because they are not made of ( x material) or if it worked it would have been inferior to our (x material) based spaceships."

They had what was available at the time.
edit on 2-8-2018 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So, what if the great pyramid is basically unfinished?
A great catastrophe having wiped out the civilization that created it before it's intended finish work was started?
It has superior architecture, and was a model that later cultures tried to emulate, but did not have the tools or skills.

The theme seems to be emulated in history, as those who quarried and built incredible monolithic structures around the world subsequently had inferior work from later cultures added on to their work, or built adjacent to them...

Someday, we will perfect a technology that can correctly date when anything was built. Until then, the wildest conjectures will still be entertained.
edit on 2-8-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The same article clearly states this:

It is revealed that the Pyramid's chambers can collect and concentrate electromagnetic energy for both surrounding conditions. In the case of the Pyramid on the substrate, at the shorter wavelengths, the electromagnetic energy accumulates in the chambers providing local spectral maxima for electric and magnetic fields.

So the Pyramid’s can collect and concentrate electromagnetic energy. Perhaps that is why the chambers are lined with granite? Perhaps they were designed for this exact purpose, so someone laying in the sarcophagus could attain a transcendental experience? It’s all about resonance and frequency’s.

It’s speculation on my part of course but then so is the idea they were purely built as tombs IMO.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hahaha. I told you so. Our science is really of noob levels compared to what it once was.

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Unfortunately the article in the Journal of Applied Physics is no longer free. But some of the references on that page, as well as a comment made in the article, indicate this research team is more interested in getting some traction for their theories as they apply to the nanoparticle domain.

I imagine a headline article, discussing a popular topic, using their new methods, might give the authors some additional exposure. However, the fact of the matter is that these models are more applicable to creating optimized nano-crystals for use in solar arrays. That's where the real money is.

Until I see these guys show up as guests of Giorgio Tsoukalos on Ancient Aliens, I'll believe this paper is a more-or-less publicity stunt. But, it was still fun!

-dex

(post by CatChiwi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Every day I find out something I didn't know about pyramids. I just wish I could find something I wish I knew about something besides pyramids. Really. Is life really so boring that we need this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join