It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actress Anne Hathaway : SJW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

"I just read the mental illness goes hand in hand with racism and white supremacy and with recent racial tensions in Oakland how can we rule out white supremacy entirely? " Quote from InTHe Light

So now you are going to insult the mentally ill and insinuate that mental illness goes hand in hand with racism and white supremacy? Quote your source!!!! You think you are on the side of justice and you have just made a cruel, sweeping and inaccurate statement of horrible taste about those that are mentally ill.

Every statement you make supports my points in this thread to the tee.

You can google it yourself just enter 'racism and mental illness', there are too many sources to post.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
We are talking specifically about this incident with an ex-con, mentally ill white man in Oakland. Whether or not BLM are acting out of frustration and fighting injustice as opposed to racism I don't know, do you know?

www.theroot.com...

When it comes to this case, I only know what I've read. What I've read is that there is no connection to this incident being racially charged, but if you read the article I posted, as well as the comments, many black people believe it was racist. Why?? Because everything that happens to them is racist.

The guy was mentally unstable. He doesn't need a reason to do what he did, so why does everyone have to assume racism?? The women were actually very pretty, maybe that's what drew him to them in the first place. Maybe he's sexist, rather than racist. Maybe they were just in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Unless he actually comes out and says why, we won't ever know.

Doesn't matter why he did it, though, they're going to claim racism because that's what they've been taught since they were young. Minority families love teaching their children that everything bad happening is because of racism. I grew up in a minority family, and I grew up around minority families, they're all taught that. In some cases they are right, but in many, they are wrong. Until people stop labeling everything as racist, then this will never go away.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

We are talking specifically about this incident with an ex-con, mentally ill white man in Oakland. Whether or not BLM are acting out of frustration and fighting injustice as opposed to racism I don't know, do you know?

www.theroot.com...

When it comes to this case, I only know what I've read. What I've read is that there is no connection to this incident being racially charged, but if you read the article I posted, as well as the comments, many black people believe it was racist. Why?? Because everything that happens to them is racist.

The guy was mentally unstable. He doesn't need a reason to do what he did, so why does everyone have to assume racism?? The women were actually very pretty, maybe that's what drew him to them in the first place. Maybe he's sexist, rather than racist. Maybe they were just in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Unless he actually comes out and says why, we won't ever know.

Doesn't matter why he did it, though, they're going to claim racism because that's what they've been taught since they were young. Minority families love teaching their children that everything bad happening is because of racism. I grew up in a minority family, and I grew up around minority families, they're all taught that. In some cases they are right, but in many, they are wrong. Until people stop labeling everything as racist, then this will never go away.

Let's wait to see what the investigation reveals, obviously the police department there would not conduct an investigation if they had evidence that racism did not play a part.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

This country has a crime problem, not a racially motivated violence problem.

In all actuality, blacks commit "hate crimes" at half the pace as whites... however, blacks only make up ~12-14% of the national population. Meaning (similar to crime stats) that this 12-14% of the population commits "hate crimes" at a higher rate than whites (who make up approximately ~75% of the population)

www.theroot.com...

White Americans (including White Hispanics) constitute the majority, with a total of about 246,660,710, or 77.35% of the population as of 2014. Non-Hispanic whites totaled about 197,870,516, or 62.06% of the U.S. population.

There were 37,144,530 non-Hispanic blacks, which comprised 12.1% of the population. This number increased to 42 million according to the 2010 United States Census, when including Multiracial African Americans, making up 14% of the total U.S. population.

Yet ask the loser SJW crowd, they'll tell you we're the problem. Of course the facts I just presented will probably be declared "racist" by someone who is too stupid to realize that facts/statistics aren't a race.
edit on 7/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
13% of Americans are black, yet they commit 52% of the homicides here in the US.

Why?

What would lead the average person to murder?

What percentage of those murdering were men?

I can't tell you why, but I can venture a factor in this. Black communities have been heavily indoctrinated into the victim ideology, encouraged to believe that they can never make it in whities world and that they need "entitlements" to make it. This encourages illegal behaviors and that encourages crime. Just guessing on that one.

Wouldn't it be nice to promote personal responsibility and independent thinking to all citizens instead of this victim culture of identity politics we are currently in? Wouldn't it be nice it we all honored the Constitution?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

"I just read the mental illness goes hand in hand with racism and white supremacy and with recent racial tensions in Oakland how can we rule out white supremacy entirely? " Quote from InTHe Light

So now you are going to insult the mentally ill and insinuate that mental illness goes hand in hand with racism and white supremacy? Quote your source!!!! You think you are on the side of justice and you have just made a cruel, sweeping and inaccurate statement of horrible taste about those that are mentally ill.

You can google it yourself just enter 'racism and mental illness', there are too many sources to post.

You can go ahead and post some of your best sources, you made this sweeping statement, now defend it.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Let's wait to see what the investigation reveals, obviously the police department there would not conduct an investigation if they had evidence that racism did not play a part.

A crime took place, so of course an investigation is going to be conducted. They don't only investigate if they feel racism was at play. Also, with how everyone is so racially on edge nowadays, it makes sense that they would do this so they can prove to people racism wasn't at play, since everyone is so quick to scream racism nowadays.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Most of 'em don't know how to cite facts or even answer a challenge to their "alt-facts" (ie: their wishful thinking driven opinion that they falsely peddle around like its a fact)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
13% of Americans are black, yet they commit 52% of the homicides here in the US.

Why?

What would lead the average person to murder?

What percentage of those murdering were men?

All the data you are looking for is here:

Source
edit on 31-7-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Words
When you think and speak in racial terms like Hathaway, you’re a racist, plain and simple.

A bit like inverted snobbery?

When the *colour* is the importance rather than the *murder*

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
While I think what she is saying is totally wrong and racist in itself...

She's HOT and I'd listen to her say it over and over and over.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008

Anything more recent?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

www.theroot.com...

Beautifully stated Necro! Might I add just a thought, when you are taught that everything bad that is happening to you is because you are a victim you will not learn to be personally empowered, self reliant and independent in your thinking because you have bought into the hopelessness. Victimology is such a disservice to everyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

This is from the report.

After 1991, the offending rate for blacks declined until it reached 24 per 100,000 in 2004. The rate has since fluctuated, increasing to 28.4 offenders per 100,000 in 2006 before falling again to 24.7 offenders per 100,000 in 2008.

So where did you get the 51% of ALL homicides are committed by blacks?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
While I think what she is saying is totally wrong and racist in itself...

She's HOT and I'd listen to her say it over and over and over.

Spoken like a red blooded guy!!!! Can I say that? I hope I didn't offend anyone!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You can go ahead and post some of your best sources, you made this sweeping statement, now defend it.

Google and read the studies, then we'll have a debate.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

When you think and speak in racial terms like Hathaway, you’re a racist, plain and simple.

The term “racist” used to mean someone who believed in the concept of race. So long as one thinks in terms of race, uses the concept for classification purposes, and talks about it in these terms, they are racist. That’s the purest definition of “racist” as far as I can tell.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: 35Foxtrot

I didn't say I'd ever agree with her nonsense...

Just that I'd welcome "discussing" it with her.

The make-up after our arguments would be divine....

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The term “racist” used to mean someone who believed in the concept of race. So long as one thinks in terms of race, uses the concept for classification purposes, and talks about it in these terms, they are racist. That’s the purest definition of “racist” as far as I can tell.

When it comes to the City of Oakland historically colour was and is of importance. They still have issues.

In the 1980s and 1990s, community organizations started new efforts to influence and encourage local governments to explore how to undo the legacy of institutionalized racism. In Oakland, PolicyLink, the Green Lining Institute and the Center for Racial Justice Innovation (Race Forward) amongst others led these efforts. By the early 2000s racial equity initiatives and tools began to be used by local government staff and elected government officials to figure out how to change the inequities in outcomes impacting communities of color in multiple cities across the country. In 2016 the City of Oakland launched its own Department of Race and Equity to advance equity change action in the City government here. A growing number of institutions are realizing the need to measure and account for their progress towards equity and to embrace their responsibility to ensure that their programs serve all populations. Using disparity data to evaluate the impact of activities, set equity outcome goals and do racial equity impact analyses is critical to advancing equitable outcomes for communities of color (6).

www.oaklandca.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join