It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revenge of the Reee. . . . The Reee Strikes Back

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I understand your confusion.

Please allow me to assist in clearing that up.

America is the land of stupid people.

Britain was very smart.

They sent the criminals to Australia and the morons to the colonies.

Well played, UK.

Well played.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

DUDE

The whole world is full of stupid people, not just the USA.

We just get more air time.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I hear they use their straws not for flavoring, but for snortin' doobies in the bathroom down by the Starbucks!

Well you can do that now, it's legal or something like that.

Sadly drugs ARE legal in many of these cities while the plastic straws are not. So a homeless guy/girl/tranny can go into a Starbucks bathroom and shoot up, and it's all ok. If a person heading to work in the morning whips out a one type use plastic straw, off the butt-rapey jail they go. So to be safe Starbucks charges 12 bucks for sugar coated one time use "flavor stirrers" that could be used as a straw for drugs or coffee (but don't let them know that you might use it for coffee)

You know if these sugar straws are a hit, then maybe whales will die from diabetes rather than plastic straws.

Yeah, I'm not too sure shooting up your crystal of choice is actually legal. And straws won't have you being paraded with your pockets hanging out around the big house.

It's not, but usually if the person is homeless nobody is going to blink an eye about it. Hell up here in Seattle we had a repeat offender given a free pass until he got caught raping a woman in a car dealerships bathroom, and people finally publicly called the police on it. Fun fact the intern Police Chief at the time who believes in the hands-off for the homeless was just made the official Police Chief. Seattle is a messed up place is what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I hear they use their straws not for flavoring, but for snortin' doobies in the bathroom down by the Starbucks!

Well you can do that now, it's legal or something like that.

Sadly drugs ARE legal in many of these cities while the plastic straws are not. So a homeless guy/girl/tranny can go into a Starbucks bathroom and shoot up, and it's all ok. If a person heading to work in the morning whips out a one type use plastic straw, off the butt-rapey jail they go. So to be safe Starbucks charges 12 bucks for sugar coated one time use "flavor stirrers" that could be used as a straw for drugs or coffee (but don't let them know that you might use it for coffee)

You know if these sugar straws are a hit, then maybe whales will die from diabetes rather than plastic straws.

Yeah, I'm not too sure shooting up your crystal of choice is actually legal. And straws won't have you being paraded with your pockets hanging out around the big house.

Actually they are talking about imposing jail fines for straws, not a joke, google it. Youll need to ducktape your head

Jail for straws...

From a quick look it's for business that continue to break the 'law', after fines. Which is still utterly ridiculous. Just holy buckets..

As for duct taping my head, You're not the first person to say I should do something with it. I swear though, it's not leaking.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

Shouldn't they be paying you?

They should be paying my local grocery store.. Giant Eagle. Everything is packaged in plastic. And then bagged in blue plastic.... which I'll be fined for disposing my plastic in now.

Go figure.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I grew up with paper straws. They came with the little paper cover that you blew off at other kids.

I bet that those straws are Straw-berry flavored.

Bad Ricky.. Berry Berry bad.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Are there any places in the US that doesn’t charge a tipping fee? As a kid, we didn’t have municipal trash pickup, but instead had to load the truck up and haul the trash away to the dump — I’ll gladly pay for my trash/recycling to be picked up.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Cool. Thanks for the most thoughtful reply. Cleared that up for me. Being an Aussie, now I know why I like being bad.

Next time I meet a septic (Yank/American), I'll whole hardheartedly greet them with a slap on the back and a "G'day Stupid".

Doesn't apply to big headed kite flying seppo Hawaiian types though. They need special treatment, like medication with a straw.

My kind regards as always,

bally

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: SummerRain

Are there any places in the US that doesn’t charge a tipping fee? As a kid, we didn’t have municipal trash pickup, but instead had to load the truck up and haul the trash away to the dump — I’ll gladly pay for my trash/recycling to be picked up.

We have to pay if we move the trash to a dump ourselves, but our council rates pay for them to collect the bins every monday morning, and once a year we get verge collections that will pick up old furniture, white goods, etc.. Every time that happens car loads of pickers drive around gathering anything they think is worth money, fix it up and sell it. Got a decent PC that way once. No ram, but everything else. The things people just throw away...

So, in a way, we do pay for it. But we'd pay in rates even if we did dispose of it ourselves, anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Meanwhile I'm fighting with the local waste Nazis to take my plastic waste.

Wait for it.....

For an additional $29.99 per month. I get a blue trash plastic bin. They'll haul my plastic away.. Christ almighty. 20 years no issue, now they are charging me for it... I don't drink STARBUCKS!

Edit: I was already paying $12 per month.

You have to pay the garbo to take your rubbish?

We get recycle bins and normal rubbish bins, and they want to add another one for something else, next. Not that anyone really bothers to use them, but sod paying $30 a month for it. I'd be sneaking my plastic into the neighbours bin, looking skyward and whistling as I walked back inside at 5am.

Money is involved now. So I must pay to have plastic taken away. I was already paying for such service. Bio vs non bio..
Before all this, it was mandatory to submit plastics. You could be subject to fines. I never had an issue with this. But now they will seek you out and send a bill. They will go threw your trash looking for infractions.

Wanted to make a RANT for some time about this. But DBC's as always is on PAR.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
All this plastic is ridiculous.

You can purchase aluminum straws for around ten dollars per six, and they come with a cleaning brush.

I've got some on my watchlist for purchase, hopefully using them in public will wake some people up to a better alternative.

I'm not too hopeful, people are incredibly complacent and wasteful.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

GE!

I forgot to list you as my ATS crush in the 'members' thread ^_^

Why straws anyway?

I just use the Airplane method.

edit on 31-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I see you like to live dangerously.

Good to see you and thanks for the sweet compliment.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

It is funny that 'pathetic' is their whole platform. Their whole standpoint.

"Their" as in 'the libtarded'.

Banning plastic in one form but then allowing it and promoting it in another form on the identical product. A straw. Typical progressivism. Also typical progressivism is openly stating, that while you are criminalising (yes, its actually now considered a 'crime') the use of plastic straws you are NOT going to entertain the idea of placing any laws whatsoever against sh*tting in the street.

Needles, piles of human excrement. Awesome town. Awesome state. Awesome libtarded society. Awesome.

Maybe I could pay one of those welfare leeches to roam the streets sticking plastic straws into the thousands upon thousands of piles of human sh*t. Being a leech he'd be exempt to arrest for possessing straws and the city would be forced to pick up the excrement from the sidewalks.

As for the Reeeeeeeeee. I can't wait for the next election, that's gonna be Reeeeeeeeee.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Are straws such a big deal? Can't people act like they're at least 5 and drink without them?

12 dollar straws and aluminum straws with a cleaning brush.

Hilarious

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The verbotten taboo of drinking from the cup instead of using a straw like civilized society. What blasphemy! I never heard of such a degusting idea such as this.

#Strawlivesmatter - It does matter folks. Spend $12.00 today and save a straw from never being used.
edit on 31-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Are straws such a big deal? Can't people act like they're at least 5 and drink without them?

12 dollar straws and aluminum straws with a cleaning brush.

Hilarious

I'm not sure how this is a big deal, either.

Starbucks has been caught in their hypocrisy a few times and this is no exception.

What's funny is that grown adults use stupid stuff like this in order to make political points, even though this has nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Oh, San Francisco. You're right. There is a lot of crap involved in that sentence.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Huh, you must have moved in after the local program started. We all got one free bin when ours began and then so long as you have the regulation blue bin, you can put any other blue bin out with it to hold additional recyclables. Also, even though only certain items are technically supposed to be in the bin, a lot of people play fast and loose with it because if you have more trash than two bags can hold, you have to buy a $2 sticker for each additional bag, but there's not limit on recycling.

And we have no trash police. If they did, the recycling wouldn't get picked up.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We just going to keep acting like these haven't been out for a long time, and have nothing to do with their elimination of plastic straws?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join