It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is willing to talk to Iran's leader without preconditions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think we can safely say that most don't want anything to do with a war. Iranians, or Americans. I sure as Hell don't.

Their bloodletting with Iraq wasn't all that long ago...I'd think that they'd want to avoid another. Maybe not at any price, but I'd sure be willing to listen to offers.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think we can safely say that most don't want anything to do with a war. Iranians, or Americans. I sure as Hell don't.

Their bloodletting with Iraq wasn't all that long ago...I'd think that they'd want to avoid another. Maybe not at any price, but I'd sure be willing to listen to offers.

I don't know...throw in religion in the mix and all bets are off, but I think Trump is doing the right thing to see what we can get to, outside of that get to is...nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: highvein

Then that would make you stance moot also

Nope. My stance is that Trump said he's meet with Iranian leaders without any pre-conditions, but Pompeo overrode Trump and put down pre-conditions. Trump needs baby sitters.

Since no meeting your point is moot. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Pompeo as well as others work for TRUMP.

No, he/they don't. That's why cabinet members are confirmed by Congress, to ensure that they serve the American People and the Constitution, not Mr Trump.

That's why cabinet members take this oath, that doesn't mention loyalty to Mr Trump or POTUS:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
www.law.cornell.edu...

And, that's why Pompeo was asked questions like this one during his confirmation hearing:

"Will you enable President Trump's worst instincts?" asked Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, the ranking Democrat on the committee. "Will you stand up to [Trump] and say, 'No, you are wrong,' or will you be a yes man?"
www.latimes.com...

edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join