It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge says US must seek consent to medicate immigrant kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Well then they should be sent back to country of origin. I'm not sure I want to spend time searching for consent when we have a kid with something like tuberculosis. That is the flip side of this coin.

Agreed, they should be home, or wherever is safest for them if their lives are in danger.

Until that happens, should we treat them as humans? Or something less?

What does it say about us if we don't?

The measure of the greatness of a society is found in the way it treats those most in need, those who have nothing apart from their poverty.

-Pope Francis

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

-Malcolm S. Forbes.

I could quote Jesus too, but nobody listens to his ramblings any more.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Scary stuff. I scanned through a few of the links in this and other linked articles to try to see the exact drugs being given but it was sort of vague.
One tidbit though (bold is mine)..

Children said they were given as many as 18 pills a day and often were not told what the medication was for. Included among the drugs administered to the children were antidepressant, anti-anxiety, antipsychotic medications such as Clonazepam, Divalproex, Duloxetine, Lithium and Geodon.

Kind of makes you wonder if these kids are merely guinea pigs for some tests being carried out by big pharma. This is a conspiracy site still, right?

And what happens to them when they're doped up? Are they placed in separate holding cells under observation or put back into general population, where they are too high to fend for themselves?

Can abuse have resulted from other kids? Guards?

This should not be happening in our country. We're better than this, and every single American should be on their feet and demanding change after reading this news. It truly is disgraceful.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

They cannot be put into holding cells. There was to great an outcry over that recently, due to the practices of the last administration.

I agree, We should do more than demonstrate. Build that wall.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Kharron
Psychotropics are mind altering drugs that can change mood, attitude, help with mental disorders such as the bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.

They also impact other body functions and can be prescribed by any doctor and is not restricted to psychiatric doctors. This ruling only affects the one facility in Texas and several other motions made by this group were shot down by the judge.

List of psychotropic medications

They went to the judge because she was the one that made the Flores ruling.

They judge shopped... how typical of the left.

If it wasn't for her first ruling we wouldn't be doing this because we wouldn't be in this cluster# in the first place.

So I'm not exactly sure we should be calling her a "good" federal judge.

More like a Progressive one.

So like everything else, now Trump has to fix a Progressive policy.

/facepalm

Edit to add... this is the second time today I have replied to a post and the comment ended up on the wrong post.

And I'm sober dammit!!!

So sorry Xcathdra... the reply was for the OP and I'll try again posting tomorrow.

Screw the left/right rehotoic.

Dosing kids up with anti politics is wrong and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: ketsuko

While I agree with you. I do not believe Psychotropics are used to treat TB.

Looking at the Wiki link they are mostly used for things like: Stress, ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and other mind issues.

Stress. Treating stress is a bad thing? I am sure the kid who just got dragged from, whichever, country they are from whose parents, or drug handler, are caught and are considered to have broken the law of the new country he/she is in would be under a tremendous amount of stress, which may be on top of all the other things in your sentence. What a bone headed judge she is. Maybe election time will take care of her, doubt it though, it is California.

Ahhh the merican way of dealing with any mental health issue......medicate first ask queation later.
edit on 31-7-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
first, I don't believe they need the parent's permission to medicate the children. once they made those kids "unaccompanied minors" by separating them from their parents they became wards of the gov't... like foster care kids are. if the parents don't want their kids to be medicated, they can take it to court and maybe the judge will agree with them, but fat chance of that happening if the parents have no idea where the kids are and haven't been able to get in contact with them or they've already been deported. so, it's up to groups of lawyers and activists, and we the people, to be these kid's advocates if we don't like the treatment our gov't is dishing out.

even the typical american foster kid can find themselves more vulnerable in the foster care system than with their own parents and there are many parents that end up in courts fighting over what they see as abuse and neglect their kids are getting in the system... but at least those kids have parents fighting for them, along with lawyers representing them as parents and lawyers representing the kids. it's was insane to separate these kids from their parents needlessly and remove that layer of protection from them to begin with.... and of course it was to "protect the kids"...lol!!!
so who is there now protecting the two or three year old who doesn't even have the language skills to tell you what is wrong in their native tongue, let alone one that you can understand? no, there is no lawyer representing many of these very young kids when they stand in front of the judge. no one protecting their interest! and ya know what...
I find it hard to believe that a three year old crossed the border all by his little lonesome, made his way all the way from latin america without help. I have a hard time believing that they would scream and cry uncontrollably for days for the person they were pulled away from calling them mommy or daddy, or grandma, in whatever language they are speaking... unless that person was their mommy or daddy, or grandma!
I know it's alot to ask a bunch of trumpeters, but it's time to admit that our gov't, the trump administration really botched this one up!! there's is I think over 600 kids that the gov't is being forced by the courts to find the parents to because they initially claimed they shouldn't have to, it's too hard... for the majority of those kids.. I think the reason it's too hard is that their parents have been deported!! hundreds of kids that your gov't wants to just turn into orphans... it's sickening, it's repulsive... and it's gonna be EXPENSIVE!!

I am so hoping that the russia investigation comes up with something that lands both Ivanka and Kushner in jail and their kids into the foster care system... just to find out how many of you trumpeters whine about how unfair and horrible it is to take those poor kids from their parents.... I'll be waiting for it to happen, just so I can remind yous of just how justifiable you felt the treatment of these kids was!

by the way, hope they have a good staff of psychiatrists on duty supervising taking these kids off that meds... otherwise, their little brains are liable to short circuit!! hope the kickbacks were worth it for everyone!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I am so hoping that the russia investigation comes up with something that lands both Ivanka and Kushner in jail and their kids into the foster care system... just to find out how many of you trumpeters whine about how unfair and horrible it is to take those poor kids from their parents.... I'll be waiting for it to happen, just so I can remind yous of just how justifiable you felt the treatment of these kids was!

I really really hope you don't mean that... because if you would put their kids in that situation just for cheap political points, then you really don't give a rats patootie about any of these kids... it's all just cheap political points.

And I don't want to believe that. Up until the above, you had a pretty good darn rant.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

This is shameful... and dangerous. These drugs cannot just be cut off again. Once the kids have been taking them regularly, they will be have to be tapered off the drugs. If they're just sent back to their country of origin, they won't have the means or opportunity to discontinue the drugs properly.

And we have no idea how these kids will react to the drugs, which can cause suicidal and homicidal ideation, as well as general violent tendencies.

None of this is good.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
kushner's kids have grandparents that I am pretty sure would take them????
it just ticks me off that anyone would try to justify any of this...
and where my statement wasn't really for political points as much as just trying to point out that many would feel differently if we were talking about the children of our typical white collar criminal, which there have been cases where parents have found guilty of more serious crimes and given house arrest, delayed prison sentence, or even probably mainly for the sake of the kids. this whole child separation bit was FOR POLITICAL POINTS... and now that it's failed to produce a wall, we're back to talking about shutting down the gov't again... which, again, is gonna waste another nice chuck of cash needlessly!

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
kushner's kids have grandparents that I am pretty sure would take them????

Well, okay... I guess that's better than the foster system which you originally condemned them to for no fault of their own... but I still don't see any virtue in wishing such pain on innocent children no matter what their parents (and grandfather) do or don't do.

...it just ticks me off that anyone would try to justify any of this...
and where my statement wasn't really for political points as much as just trying to point out that many would feel differently if we were talking about the children of our typical white collar criminal, which there have been cases where parents have found guilty of more serious crimes and given house arrest, delayed prison sentence, or even probably mainly for the sake of the kids. this whole child separation bit was FOR POLITICAL POINTS... and now that it's failed to produce a wall, we're back to talking about shutting down the gov't again... which, again, is gonna waste another nice chuck of cash needlessly!

This problem didn't originate with Trump nor with the fence. The child separation started under Obama -- maybe for political points, maybe not -- but the problem came from the many many children crossing the border with and without parents. And while I have a huge problem with separating these kids from their parents also, I have an bigger problem with the traffickers who have kidnapped and coerced these kids away from their parents. If I have to choose between holding kids in custody until determining who their parents really are, or just letting any random adult take any kids they claim as theirs, I will put the kids in custody every time because the alternative is that much more evil.

When bad people do bad things, good people have no good choices... we can only hope to determine the best choice.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

most of the "unaccompanied" kids coming across the border in obamas time were not toddlers! and it's quite evident that they weren't separating them without due cause when you consider just how overwelmed the whole system has become since trump's decision to change it. I mean it's quite clear that they really didn't have any forethought as to how they were gonna return these kids to their parents and they certainly wouldn't have been deporting the parents without their kids if there could have avoided it.... they just wanted to get the parents out of the country faster than it would take to figure out just where they sent their kids! and it's also rather clear that these shelters were not equipped to take care of the little ones..

one six year old was sexually abused by another kid. when the shelter she was in found out, their solution was to have her sign an agreement that she would avoid being in the same area as the abuser. she was abused several more times by the same kid before she was returned to her parents.
another, with a broken arm, was refused medical care.
they were told that their parents had given them up, that they would never see their parents again, they were forced to clean toilets with their bare hands and told if they didn't, they would never see their parents again.
two and three year old children are appearing in court without representations, unable to talk, having no idea what the heck is going one, climbing on tables.
ya, sure, our immigration policy needed some changes...
but it seems that now it has become borderline insane...
and no, placing every kid in this situation because there might be a small amount of them "trafficking" kids sounds just as insane!
who the heck is gonna traffick babies and toddlers all that way, and for whom? the only sane reason I can think of is for adoption, in which case, our foster care system is already filled with adoptable kids that would be happy to have some caring parents. if they are indeed doing this, may I suggest that we spend an equal amount of time and money to also track down whoever is receiving these babies and toddlers and prosecute them?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Okay... I get it. Trump is badbadbad and evilevilevil and everything changed from Obama to Trump... EVERYTHING! When it comes to the abuse these kids are suffering, you're preaching to the choir. When it comes to blaming it all on Trump, you're just plain wrong.

But I'm far more concerned with your cavalier attitude about our responsibility to ensure we are releasing these kids to their appropriate parents/guardians. You really can't see any other reason for trafficking children than for adoption? Really? REALLY??? The word "pedophilia" isn't in your vocabulary? Or you just somehow know that pedophilia doesn't really exist? Therefore no worries about who takes these kids cause if pedophilia doesn't exist then pedophiles don't exist either, right? Those Coyotes just want to find the kids a good home... Yeah, that's it...

Dear lord. You're more dangerous to these kids than Trump is.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Boadicea because: Deletion (redundant)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

pedophiles...
babies, one year olds, two year olds??? really??
I can see that maybe with older kids... but no, not that young.. your talking about kids that would need care 24/7 who would be just too fagile to endure such treatment.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I seriously cannot believe I am writing about this, I didn't think anything like this was possible in our day and age,

Well how else are they going to have the next batch of crazies to help bring in more draconian laws. A country in turmoil is good for more laws.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

pedophiles...
I can see that maybe with older kids... but no, not that young.. your talking about kids that would need care 24/7 who would be just too fagile to endure such treatment.

I wish to all that is holy that were true. Unfortunately, I know better.

I once worked for the county in the children's services division. One of my duties was to compile various child abuse reports into one report once a month. I spent my afternoon's crying because of what I read. One case in particular still gives me chills. A two-year-old girl who had been so badly abused by her mother's boyfriend that she needed a hysterectomy due to the internal damage caused. A TWO-YEAR-OLD GIRL.

Sick and evil people do sick and evil things.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Ahhh the merican way of dealing with any mental health issue......medicate first ask queation later.

Your right. Why waste the resources on them. Just let them deal with it on their own.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

pedophiles...

Your poor innocent lamb.

In the UK we jailed a famous singer as he was raping babies.

Ian watkins

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Such a strange time the future of 2018 brings.
This is why you need strong borders.

Stuff like would never happen if there was a clear message that the u.s. follows their laws and has a secure border.

The people most responsible are the liberals that go to these places and preach to these people.that they will have safe passage if they bring a child.

They give them fund for the trip and coach them along the way about what to say during interviews.

And the liberal media and bleeding heard liberals fall for it

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So when is a judge going to step up and say that they should stop giving kids Adderall which is basically meth? MIllions of kids, not a few hundred,everyday take it....there are dozens of other medications....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join