It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Mystery of the Trinity…?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Yes, perhaps I gave the wrong answer, and they are really thinking of Paul's concept of "the secret and hidden wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians ch2 v7), which is not accessible to human wisdom alone.

(Though it fact it comes to the same thing. That's the reason why we can't understand it)

edit on 31-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
I really wish there was a written source, somewhere, which more accurately described the Divine Presence and His plan for Us. The Bible is too much of a puzzle for modern-day man.

Video allows more options (regarding showing the evidence):

The BIBLE - 3 - Accurate History, Reliable Prophecy

While I'm at it (this is just audio though). Title: "Is the Trinity a Scriptural Teaching?"

All anyone ever needed to know about the doctrine of the Trinity. In relation to my previous comment quoting John 4:22, it's quoted and elaborated on after 9:40. Someone else might want to hear that out and why it's an important text regarding the doctrine of the Trinity and the doctrine that God is a mystery (God is a Trinity and the Trinity is a mystery combined).
edit on 31-7-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The vesica pisces.
2 interjoined to make a third.

The strenght joined with the wisdom, beauty is the result.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Originally posted by Raggedyman
Must be a comprehension issue
I never said you had faith in God, I said you had faith in the catechism

That John verse does not say the Spirit can lead anyone into any truth anywhere, you are so wrong, but what ever, don't believe, that's fine

That's correct, you said I showed faith in the Catechism, but that specific part of the Catechism is just paralleling what the Bible states about truth being revealed by the Holy Spirit. The two go hand in hand.

The Bible states “….he will guide you into ALL Truth” in John 16:13…

Which means, the Holy Spirit can reveal any type of truth to any man.

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.

Unfortunately, it is you who has the comprehension issue…

I’ll leave you with this…

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

- JC

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Ok…you clearly didn’t get these ideas off of the back of a match box or a late night epiphany…lol (j/k)

But seriously…

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Think of it like light, it is both particle and wave, a duality yet within that duality is the unity of the light itself. You have 3 aspects, one of which (visible light) is the combination/correlation of the wave/particle duality.

How do you get 3 aspects, when there’s only the Particle and the Wave present…? If both come together to become 1, then they are One; And when they split apart they become 2 again…so where is this 3rd aspect or element…???

In the same way that light is made up of a dual nature, so are we. We are both body (particle) and Spirit (wave) coming together in order to create the light that we see in the form of an image that constitutes our perspective of the world.

Your body is the feminine (particle) side of your dual nature, the Spirit is the masculine (wave) side of your dual nature and in the middle of the two where the duality become unity there is the light. You see it now and it is the combination/correlation of a visible body being imbued with the invisible Spirit at conception/birth.

Father, Mother and Child (Son).

And just out of curiosity, why is it not the other way around…

I mean, why is it not the Particle that is the Masculine and the Wave that is the feminine…Like in parallel to the feminine waters, and the flow of the Spirit and so forth….Now I’m not saying you’re wrong, but why that specific order of classification.

Side note – Hey your avatar location, kind of looks similar to where Kong is standing in my Avatar lol…btw – Cool Shades…

- JC

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Originally posted by dfnj2015
I think the trinity represents a unity of opposites:

en.wikipedia.org...

Hey, your referencing Heraclitus…

You saw my signature…right…?

Yeah, some of Heraclitus works are very obscure and difficult to pin down or understand.

Although the word “Logos” is well known to Christians, it was the philosopher Heraclitus who first brought it to prominence.

Originally “Logos” was connected with logical arguments presented through reason and discourse. Which is also how Heraclitus used it, but he also attached extra attributes to the “Logos” by suggesting in his writings, that it is an eternal force that people can connect with and experience.

Here are some examples on the Logos from Heraclitus writings.

“Although this Logos is eternally valid, yet men are unable to understand it – not only before hearing it, but even after they have heard it for the first time...though all things come to pass in accordance with this Logos, men seem to be quite without any experience of it”
Heraclitus

“For this reason it is necessary to follow what is common. But although the Logos is common, most people live as if they had their own private understanding.”
Heraclitus

“Although intimately connected with the Logos, men keep setting themselves against it.”
Heraclitus

Originally posted by dfnj2015
Where the father and son are like opposites but the same life force flows through generations is the holy ghost.

Opposite in what sense…? For example, the opposite if light would be dark; The opposite of Father would be Mother…(not Son…)

Also if you have a thing and an opposite to that thing coming together in unity, where do you get your 3rd element from…?…where’s the Tri…Unity…?

- JC

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

How do you get 3 aspects, when there’s only the Particle and the Wave present…? If both come together to become 1, then they are One; And when they split apart they become 2 again…so where is this 3rd aspect or element…???

Well, in my opinion you can't have the unity without the duality. If you take the wave or particle aspect away then you don't have the "middle ground" either.

Think of it like a Venn Diagram (someone else mentioned this earlier), there are three distinct "sections" of the diagram, the two circles and then the area where they overlap. If you take one of the circles away the area in the middle goes away as well. Two parts which when they come together create a third.

I mean, why is it not the Particle that is the Masculine and the Wave that is the feminine…Like in parallel to the feminine waters, and the flow of the Spirit and so forth….Now I’m not saying you’re wrong, but why that specific order of classification.

I believe the material world is feminine because it is the "womb" that we develop in. At conception the sperm penetrates the egg, the Spirit enters the body. Particles are the material, waves are the conceptual state that those particles move in. If you look up the etymology of the word "matter" you will see that it has its roots in the word "mother". This is why we call them "Mother Earth" and "Father Time", because the earthly material moves and changes in the conceptual state we call time. Mother is visible, Father invisible.

This is just my opinion of course but I believe it makes sense.

Side note – Hey your avatar location, kind of looks similar to where Kong is standing in my Avatar lol…btw – Cool Shades…

It's actually at Zion National Park in Utah. Beautiful place. As for the sunglasses, I'm not sure I like them, I have another pair now.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Originally posted by Abednego
The vesica pisces.
2 interjoined to make a third.

The strenght joined with the wisdom, beauty is the result.

Nice post…

You mean like this…

I must admit the symbol does seem rather widespread

- JC

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

And another mystery is god walking in the garden oblivious to Satan being in the garden and tempting man.

If man was sinless and wasnt supposed to taste of the "knowledge tree" then he couldn't really be held to account for his actions.

The only way you can accept the story is through mental gymnastics.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The ichthys (or the "Jesus fish" you see on the back of cars) is actually the vesica pisces, symbolizing that the Son (Jesus) is the middle part of two joined "circles".

I would think the Father and Mother are the outer circles and the Son is in the middle. The Holy Spirit (in my opinion) is either redundant and represents the Father (Spirit) aspect in order to remove the Mother or is redundant for Son. Either way, the Mother has been removed from the equation in one way or another in my opinion.

Look at our Mother Earth, she us pillaged and destroyed for profit. That is because we were never taught to celebrate her, she has been removed from the minds and hearts of billions.
edit on 7/31/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

It is not the knowledge that gives one faith, it is the certainty of the provider of that knowledge.

Well if thats the case then the words written by man can never be true as man is fallen. Only revelation through a one to one relationship with god can be genuine; so all written works should be thrown out.
Simple

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

philosophers stone - immortality

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The shared area of the two circles creating the 3rd principle is called the vesica pices. And its understanding goes very nicely with I stated on page one.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
To understand the mystery of the trinity, you have to look back further than the birth of man, this world, or any concept of divinity. Before God, there was physics. There's your first clue.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well, in my opinion you can't have the unity without the duality. If you take the wave or particle aspect away then you don't have the "middle ground" either.

Think of it like a Venn Diagram (someone else mentioned this earlier), there are three distinct "sections" of the diagram, the two circles and then the area where they overlap. If you take one of the circles away the area in the middle goes away as well. Two parts which when they come together create a third.

Yeah, but is it really a third unique distinct part…because it only consists of the other two parts coming together…So in effect only two parts exist together as one. The third is an illusion or is conceptualised within other literature.

It’s really just a 2way unity that’s taking place. And when we think of it in terms of the Spirit and the Soul existing together as one, then there is no third element.

For example, imagine we have three distinct elements and we mix them together as One…then that would produce a true “Tri Unity” in action…i.e. 3 elements actually existing together as one.

But in the example of the ven diagram… in reality, only 2 forces or elements are existing together. There’s no “Tri Unity” taking place…but only a “BI Unity”…IMO

I believe the material world is feminine because it is the "womb" that we develop in. At conception the sperm penetrates the egg, the Spirit enters the body. Particles are the material, waves are the conceptual state that those particles move in. If you look up the etymology of the word "matter" you will see that it has its roots in the word "mother". This is why we call them "Mother Earth" and "Father Time", because the earthly material moves and changes in the conceptual state we call time. Mother is visible, Father invisible.

I think this is tricky, as I tend to look at things from a purely spiritual perspective and not so much the physical…Although the “matter” part you mentioned does make some sense and adds weight to what you’re saying…

The problem for me though is that there is a lot of symbolism around the feminine (e.g. Mother, Bride, Virgin birth etc) which in my opinion is largely metaphorical for the birth of the Son in the Spirit. Added to which, I know the Spirit is neither feminine nor masculine and that these are just labels used to help describe them.

So in short I don’t specifically state that X is feminine or Y is masculine, as an absolute statement of fact but those labels are useful sometimes to help described things, but they’re not set in stone, if that makes sense.

It's actually at Zion National Park in Utah. Beautiful place. As for the sunglasses, I'm not sure I like them, I have another pair now.

Yeah looks amazing…

Watch out for the Mormons lol

- JC

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

But in the example of the ven diagram… in reality, only 2 forces or elements are existing together. There’s no “Tri Unity” taking place…but only a “BI Unity”…IMO

I understand what you mean 100%, it is a bit hard to explain.

Maybe colors would be a better way of describing it? Red and blue are their own distinct colors but when combined they create purple which is itself a distinct color. Two distinct colors coming together to create the third color, all three colors being together.

So in short I don’t specifically state that X is feminine or Y is masculine, as an absolute statement of fact but those labels are useful sometimes to help described things, but they’re not set in stone, if that makes sense.

I agree that they are not perfect representations but do well to describe the concepts. In reality everything is One but the labels are useful in describing how that is, if that makes sense.

edit on 7/31/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You see there is truly, just one...some of these folks would call it father, but its nature is duel. The secret is enclosed in the 4 hebrew letters in the name of God.

Im running out of hints

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I understand what you mean 100%, it is a bit hard to explain.

Maybe colors would be a better way of describing it? Red and blue are their own distinct colors but when combined they create purple which is itself a distinct color. Two distinct colors coming together to create the third color, all three colors being together.

Hmmmm…

Think about it only in spiritual terms and of waking up spiritually.

You have a Spirit and a Soul…and you have a…______(fill in the blank)…(to make up a Trinity etc…)

Now we could put the word “Body” in the blank part, but the Body doesn’t wake up spiritually…the Soul does…the real you…

Also the Spirit and Soul is what is experiencing life, the body is just relaying information to the Observer/Soul.

So we have a Spirit and a Soul and what else do we have…?…where is this third element/entity…?

The only other thing we can add in there; is the communication between the 2…and the communicator/instructor has been labelled the “Holy Spirit…”

But through reason and logic we can deduce that only the Father and Son communicate together…i.e. there is no third entity existing.

Think about the Venn diagram as two entities communicating together; what’s in the middle is where that commination takes place…

There’s no third colour being created or unique entity existing in the middle of the diagram.

And remember the Son within you has always been there. But when one is said to receive the Holy Spirit, The Son within us gets awakened to it’s Sonship i.e. it’s oneness with the Father. Now you could argue this has created a New Son (a third element) but too me it’s the same Son but just with a new perspective.

This Son which was always there existing anyway, becomes aware of itself spiritually. It’s termed a New birth in the Spirit, or in other words the Son has gained realization of himself/herself. It’s the same Son but with a new realization of itself, hence the term New Birth.

The Holy Spirit is said to have given birth to this new Son or realization. This is why the Holy Spirit has been feminised in other literal writings and accounts, because she symbolically gives birth to the Son; but it’s all symbolism and metaphor IMO…

In short, when people become “born again” they experience a direct commination from the Father to the themselves/the Son. The commination happens between 2 entities, Not three…

Although having said all that, even the Soul could be argued to be conceptual as well because the Soul is just the lower aspect of the Spirit, but I would say the Soul exists as a person from it’s own perspective…

I hope all this makes some kind of sense.

- JC

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Look at our Mother Earth, she us pillaged and destroyed for profit. That is because we were never taught to celebrate her, she has been removed from the minds and hearts of billions.

If you’ve read my above post, you'll see that to me suppression of the divine feminine, is the suppression of Spirituality. Because The Spirit gives birth to Son. The more people become spiritually aware, the less they will focus on material gains and the more they will stop ruining our beautiful planet for future generations.

Actually speaking of King Kong have you seen the movie Skull Island…There’s a lot of deep symbolism in that movie which I don’t think is a coincidence.

AT one point Kong saves the woman from the abyss with his right hand. Then soon after he pulls her out of the Dragons mouth. Then Kong proceeds to defeat the dragon by using a wind water boat propeller!!!…

It’s like it’s all deep symbolism of saving the devine feminine from the beast and then using the Spirit (wind water boat propeller) to defeat the dragon.

Probably just a coincidence…

- JC

edit on 31-7-2018 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Was Jesus talking to you directly, to me directly?
Was Jesus addressing the apostles directly?

The apostles could heal, can you?

There are many differences and nuances in language between English and Greek, do you claim to know them all?

en.believethesign.com...:13

There will be nothing more added the to scriptures
If you want the truth, go study the scriptures

You can't read the bible like you read Doctor Zeus book, it's spiritual and you don't account for that
I study the scriptures almost daily and there is still much to learn
The Trinity is a revealed truth, simple

edit on 31-7-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join