It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My party is better than your party

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

A picture to illustrate the difference between the GOP and DNC.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A picture to illustrate the difference between the GOP and DNC.

LOL, Also covers our election cycle for the last 5 decades at minimum.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

As long as the vast majority of yanks continue to believe that the only parties are Dems and Reps, nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, will change.
As long as Trump continues to insist that folks vote REPUBLICAN, nothing will change.

Agreed

Guess what action causes major changes?

War - short of a civil war, nothing will change because no-one is courageous enough or operationally-ready enough to take on the Military/Industrial complex.

The problem with that is that people are so divided and have such unwarranted loyalty to their POLITICAL party that if civil war breaks out the end result will be the same. The people would be fighting against themselves while the puppet masters sit back and watch . Then re implement their agendas after the dust settles again.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

-I've always suggested to do away with the two-party system and let candidates run on the issues not according to a party platform. No party labels, period.

Agreed. Notice how just about every issue has been broken up into two groups by the MSM,DNC,GOP?

Racism: whites vs black
Sexism: males vs females
Sexuality: straight vs gay

Healthcare,taxes,welfare,SS,Medicaid,education,police , unions,etc...: Republican vs Democrats

its by design, It makes it easier to control the people by division. Throw a third possibility with some middle ground and you lose some of the power to manipulate the people.

edit on 43831America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 09:43:21 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Unfortunately, violent threats from Democrats against Republicans are GROWING.

www.foxnews.com...

They need to cut it out.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you the right has their hands dirty as well on inflaming the division in this country which is leading to the violence.

However this thread is not really about my party being better than your party , its about how do we temporarily come together to actually fix things and break the endless cycle of BS both party have given us.

Do you not think conflict of interest in DC should be our only and primary concern? Do you not think that is something that both republicans and democrats can work together on to better things for BOTH sides ?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Forgive me but, if Hillary had been elected, I doubt you guys would see fit to have this kumbaya moment. Sucks being on defense all the time.

No I won't forgive you. I actually thought Bernie was the better choice so this has nothing todo with protecting trump or my party.

I have 0 party loyalty to any party and nor do I think any one political ideal is the answer to all problems.

this is about a a father of a 11 year old wanting better for his Son and other generations in the future with hopes (granted very little) of breaking the cycle of insanity that we have been on.

So its an actual heartfelt attempt to try to get people to stop fighting the wrong enemy. The enemy is not the individual republicans or democrats, its the lobbyist , DNC, GOP, and the MSM.

BTW kidding on the not forgiving you,

however, i would like your feedback on the following

1. Do you not agree that our number priority in DC should be to minimize the rampant amount of conflict of interest in DC?

2. Do you not agree that minimizing rampant amount of conflict of interest in DC would be beneficial to the majority of Americans besides the lobbyiest and special interest groups with deep pockets?

3. Do you not agree that Republicans and Democrats would not only BOTH benefit from minimize the rampant amount of conflict of interest in DC but could actually join forces on this issue?
edit on 36831America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 09:36:41 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Agreed. Notice how just about every issue has been broken up into two groups by the MSM,DNC,GOP?

Racism: whites vs black
Sexism: males vs females
Sexuality: straight vs gay

Healthcare,taxes,welfare,SS,Medicaid,education,police , unions,etc...: Republican vs Democrats

its by design, It makes it easier to control the people by division. Throw a third possibility with some middle ground and you lose some of the power to manipulate the people.

Divide and conquer my friend. Proven time and time again

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Divide and conquer my friend. Proven time and time again

Exactly and its so blatantly obvious , but yet

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Sorry, I did not vote for Obama. Not once! trump is the biggest liar to ever grace the White House. Today Rudy is saying collusion is not a crime.

If the trump camp did collude, and trump has been lying about it this whole time, he needs to step down. Lying for almost a year and a half, calling everything Fake News, when it is indeed the truth, is NOT OKAY!

I vote for, who I feel is the right choice. I knew trump stunk, long before he was running for POTUS.

It makes me sick, to watch him lie, over and over.

I still know what he did last Summit!

Cool so you didn't even read the thread?

I would like for the thread to avoid blaming the other side for anything and focus on what common ground we all agree on and perhaps join forces to better OUR nation for EVERYONE.

So you got any suggestions on the following:

As long as we don't make gov't conflict of interest priority number 1 nothing will get fixed.
You can't expect a group of people that are riddled with conflict of interest to do right by you. I also think this should be the priority of everyone on every side of the political spectrum.

1. why can't republicans , democrats, and others join forces on this likely common goal to make this priority number 1?

2. How can we go about it to make it priority number 1.

3. If you don't agree with conflict of interest being the number 1 issue what is the number 1 issue for you?

4, Suggestion on how to break out of this cycle of the lesser evil and same issues never getting fixed?
edit on 57831America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 10:57:11 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I party with young naked hippy girls so I doubt any other parties are better.

But is this you?

edit on 12831America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 11:12:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

First we the people have to agree that congress and senate all live by the rules and benefits we do . No special retirement and healthcare . keep voting them out of office until they agree .

Yes but so far just in this thread I already see people blaming the other side for the issues despite clearly saying that I didn't want this thread to go that route.

People are just to brain washed, reactionary, and unfocused on the real issue that I don't see a way for people to come together and hence never breaking out of the cycle.

I also find it interesting that some of the most prolific party loyalist around here haven't shown in this thread. Especially on a thread about trying to work with each other on an issue that impacts both parties that would be easy to see eye to eye on. However I bet if I create a thread about why Hillary Sucks or Trumps Sucks they would jump in quickly to point out how their side is better.

I think party loyalty and political views has been so ingrained into the people that it has become even more important than anything else for them to the point it makes them irrational.

Not sure I see a way out of it besides and this thread just reinforces this unfortunately.

edit on 31831America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 11:31:52 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

1. Since we are a representative republic, it's hard to force our representatives to do anything that goes against their own personal gain.
2. Term Limits.
3. Term Limits.
4. Term Limits

And I would like to add
5. Term Limits

Please see Number One above as to why numbers two through four will never happen.

Exactly hence our ONLY way to fix things is by the individual republicans and individual democrats joining forces and demanding that both party work on addressing the following issues

1. Congregational term limits

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

AND stop them from making the symptoms of corruption such as healthcare,SS,Medicare,Immigration,Global Conflicts, etc AS primary political issues.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

The easiest and simplest way to get our house in order is to constitute a solid coalition with the only priority being to put new people into every elected office within our government.

This can be done by voting out every one who is holding an elected office for at least four consecutive election cycles. Each member of the House of Representatives has to be re-elected every two years. A U S Senator holds office for six years but only one from each state is up for election at a time and only one third of the total is up for re-election every two years. The President is elected for a four year term and can only serve two terms. With a little calculation, it can be found that after three cycles all of the congress will be replaced and the fourth time is to drive home the point that THEY WORK FOR US.
Of course, many will say the real power lies in the much over sized bureaucracy which is really there to handle to day to day details of government. Once they are shown they can be replaced. then changes will come.

It will not matter which political party has their members in office, once they remember how easily it is to be FIRED most things should start going more in the way the people want them to go.

While I agree with this, I think that will never happen until we temporarily put our political differences aside and make getting rid of conflict of interest priority 1 and join forces.

the GOP ,DNC, and MSM has the people to busy fighting with each other to never ordinate such an effort.

The GOP ,DNC, and MSM have successfully made family,neighbors, and friends into complete enemies of each other when it comes to anything political. To the point its impossible to put the gloves down and join forces. This thread has only reinforced what I feared.

So how can we get the political loyalist to:

1. Realize corruption impacts them equally.

2. Make conflict of interest priority #1

3. Temporarily join forces to force the DNC,GOP,MSM, and congress to ONLY concentrate on addressing the conflict of interest issues in DC.

One other thing I would like to ask everyone when they post .

Would you be willing to work with the other party to address the conflict of interest issue in DC?

My answer is yes I would.

edit on 07831America/ChicagoWed, 01 Aug 2018 12:07:37 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IncessantOptimist

Great pic that really shows what is happening.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think times are changing , people are waking up . The fact that Trump is president somewhat proves that . If the Republicans remain in control after the mid terms I think it is another proof . We do have a long way to go , but the future may involve many different factions of two parties .

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

I think times are changing , people are waking up . The fact that Trump is president somewhat proves that

I agree that times are changing and people are not any longer afraid of being falsely accused of things as a form of intimidation. However, I think trump winning had little todo with voters and more todo with an internal silent war that was being fought behind the scenes. No doubt a power shift has occurred, but its to early to see if that is a good thing or more of the same but with a different master?

We do have a long way to go , but the future may involve many different factions of two parties .

Agreed, but as long as the DNC,GOP,and MSM dictate the issues of importance nothing will change. The individuals need to join forces not get more divided.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Can we stop the insanity on the next round of elections please?

Out of curiosity are there any hard progressives, liberals, democrats, republicans, alt-right, hard right, etc here that would like to come out and state that they would be willing to join forces with their opposing counter parts to tell THEIR OWN PARTY TO STFU and lets focus ONLY on fixing conflict of interest and not let both party tell us what the issues are?

Can we at least all come together and agree that we need to STOP the committee on presidential debates from only having Democrats and Republicans on all the major debates and to ONLY focus on conflict of interest.

come on lets stop this idiotic cycle.
edit on 19630America/ChicagoThu, 16 Jun 2022 13:19:52 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join