It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any tree recognition experts here?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Trees can change their sex? Wait...what???

Amazing how old they can get and wonderful!

Loved your pics! I think bonzais are really cool. We had a place (probably still do) that sells bonzai trees. With my luck, I'd kill the poor thing, so I don't buy them. Some plants I do well with and others not so much.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Crazy how old some trees can get isn't it!
And after 5000 years she got bored with being male...all that time before embracing her feminine side lol.

I definitely want to visit one day and try to get some berrys to grow one of her babies. That would be a tree to have, the offspring of Britains oldest!
I'll get a pic of the oldest tree in my area when I next pass, but the two at the bottom of the last page are a couple I pass every day which make me smile.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

And after 5000 years she got bored with being male...all that time before embracing her feminine side lol.

Ahahaha! That cracked me up!

Yes, it would awesome to get offspring from Britain's oldest tree!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: SaddledMummy

Thank you 😊
I would love one from your old friend and a picture would be lovely if you have one, post it here if you like.
I also love trees with a story, everyone who gets a tree from me gets a story of where it's from ...I'm glad I started this thread now!

Ahoi, not logged in a long time, but that's how oaks feel the time pass.

So... acorns are very small this year or retarded, think because extremely intense drought. Not collected any of, wilderness eats acorns effectively every night. Still the ants swarms up and down with along the log, some other summers there swarms tenthousands of ladybugs, but not now.

Hoped to upload pics, but this forum engine is so fkdup, i spend 30 minutes to find out how to upload "MY library", unfortunatly this option uploads only one pic :/ somewhat sad IT-company after so many years and not developing.

so this is my test pic only here :/ no oaks yet:

eeh, nothing in my library seen, i feel bad. Still, send me some other forum link plz, lets go off this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh no, a bad year for your oaks then!
I'm going out collecting this years acorns in a month or so, new tree babies to gather for another season. I'll camp out in a small patch of ancient forest not far away, fire under the stars, pretend I'm in the wilderness lol.

I know what you mean about uploading pics on ATS, I get the same problem if I try straight from my phone because the image is too big. I have to use photoshop to reduce the size then they upload okay.
I'll message you my email if you like, I love seeing 'real' forests and open spaces. Honestly, my part of England may be one of the most rural, but compared to other places in the world our 'wilderness' is like a city park!
I get sooo jealous when I see the forests and wild spaces of the US...except for bears, cougars, and snakes etc though, they can keep them haha.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I know what you mean about uploading pics on ATS

No probs, puttin' up little thread here:

imgur.com...

You are welcomed to enjoy and sooner or later we get these acorns - oak is still alive as like last few hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ah thanks for posting them, she's a gorgeous looking tree!
Looks really healthy as well, good for another few hundred years

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately not healthy, this is a very old tree, dying atm. Surely this takes maybe 100 years, but i visited her constantly about 30 years and seen how the elder is struggling.

The pic whit spruce You can see a very big scar. There was a branch literally half big as log itself. This was a place where i sit down and make food and there was a fireplace. Oak lost a limb so big as like half of trunk here somewhere ten years ago.

Im not sad about this, a bit yea, but surely the tree death becomes all of sudden for them. Consider her sisters are dead now and i am aware for this...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
and yeah, my english is very poor. Originates only from reading threads, looking movies and so, because im old one from another world.

*... where i sat down and made food*

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Haha I understood you, don't worry! I have many friends from other parts of Europe and their grasp of English is better than mine of their language.
Sad she is dying, but I guess nothing lives forever. I bet you must have some relationship with her after eating and resting under her branches for so many years.
Lets hope for acorns before she says goodbye.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tnx, think about it how this very old oak planning hers siblings future... sooner or later comes bird or man who takes my acorns to wonderland.

Last time there was maybe a mammoth who travels thousands of lands with single of acorn between tooths.
edit on 20-8-2018 by SaddledMummy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'd never thought of mammoths!
I had a quick search and it seems oaks and mammoths coexisted here in Europe so now I'm imagining the ancestors of your tree having it's acorns carried around in the teeth of a big wooly beast!
I've been looking at other old trees and some are still alive today which may well have had a mammoth or two scratch their back on their branches.
Oh I'd love a time machine!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join