It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TSA is doing *what*?! If you travel, You're being profiled....??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i don't fly.
When they started grope and rope, i alerted my employer i'd no longer be flying.

My husband refuses to fly with his employer too. He can do training just as well via the Internet. He simply does not trust planes...nothing to do with TSA. Myself, I have flown. I always get the wand! I have metal plates and bolts from previous spinal surgeries so their machines always freak out. And naturally with an alert...they always decide to open my luggage to be safe.

Admittedly, I am used to it and can simply laugh. I have no hard feelings and have never suffered more than 5 extra minutes since I have not had to be stripped down. Just a wand after explaining. It actually makes me a little concerned in the fact that if I really had something to blow up a plane...I could easily sweet talk my way onto a plane! Go figure.

It is crazy. I do prefer to drive. Emergency flights are just necessary. TSA does not hinder me, but they don't give me any real confidence either. I am not a terrorist...but goodness, I recognize how easy it is to truly pass through.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

My last flight with my paper temp ID was same way...skip the line get a quick grope and let them check the bags and I was off...no line...it was rather nice actually. I have a lot of ex-military friends who would probably qualify and possibly some do similar already...if people get a check to follow me around a public airport good for them. I just hope they enjoy the show...I like to drink at airports lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: wylekat

But no one is willing to do what is supposed to be done about these things, even those who claim their second amendment rights, appear unwilling to use them for their actual purpose.

What do you think is supposed to be done about these things?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I certainly hope you filed reports with both the TSA and your airline over your camera!

I can tell you for certain that the TSA aggressively looks into theft reports and they DO arrest people and they DO fire people (immediately)...and they have cameras watching every single thing inspectors do. So do many airlines. In fact, most airlines will replace items on a person's word just to save the reputation loss.

Please DO act on issues like this. This kind of stuff makes everyone's life harder.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Well, when your rights are being eroded, and people are dying because of the lack of compassion, lack of sense, lack of care in your government, you are supposed to have a little thing called a revolution.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The cost of tea is still reasonable, once that creeps up a bit it's on like Donkey Kong.

We will, however, have to find a new ethnic group to dress up as to pin the blame on since Native Americans are out. Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well, when your rights are being eroded, and people are dying because of the lack of compassion, lack of sense, lack of care in your government, you are supposed to have a little thing called a revolution.

When do you plan to rise up and depose the mayor of London so the hapless citizens can once again buy kitchen knives?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The people of London can and do purchase kitchen equipment of all kinds. What they may not do is carry them around all over London, in their waistbands, and if you want to discuss the fact that a citizen ought to be allowed to carry a sword, I will be all over that with you, and petition for it.

However, its central government that want the kicking. Of course, in the UK, that is a much bigger problem for us, what with the aforementioned lack of access to practicable weaponry to force a resistant government out of power.

There is no such excuse on hand to protect the American population from the just criticism thrown at them, particularly the gun owners, for being apathetic, lazy minded, and inconvenience averse first, and prepared to do the right things for the right reasons, a distant last.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

There is no such excuse on hand to protect the American population from the just criticism thrown at them, particularly the gun owners, for being apathetic, lazy minded, and inconvenience averse first, and prepared to do the right things for the right reasons, a distant last.

What rights are being eroded and what people are dying because of the lack of compassion, lack of sense, lack of care in the government? The US, like GB, subscribes to the rule of law. Those laws that were enacted under and enforced by previous presidents are now suddenly no good and it is Trump's fault. Obama ruled as a dictator using executive orders at his whim instead of negotiating with Congress to enact laws. These will be eliminated and his legacy will evaporate as many discover his fickleness and arrogance.
Trump has asked Congress to send him a law to sign regarding immigration. Until that time, he should direct ICE to follow the laws passed under previous administrations. Elizabeth Warren is purportedly a law professor but she seems to have forgotten this principle. Loretta Lynch is another so-called lawyer who does not understand this principle. Charles Schumer is so desperate to regain power that he makes statements that border on idiotic. Maybe that is just his nature.
As to the OP regarding the TSA; I believe this is more empty outrage. Everyone profiles everyone else but won't admit it. The TSA is profiling people that match the behavior of terrorists much like police profile people whose behavior matches certain criminal activities. A person wearing a mask entering a bank is profiled as a possible robber. It may be an Antifa member coming in to cash an allowance check from mom but the first guess is bank robber.
edit on 8/1/2018 by pteridine because: clarification

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They love to play mind games and target innocent people. Sometimes I wonder if they ever really do their job at all. They got a hungry itch for drama and will manipulate things in order to create tension, even when everything is going alright and everyone is fine. They'll turn it around in no time.

It's all about supply and demand. The workforce needed for a well and healthy TSA doesn't exist so you got this psuedo-professional force more interested in playing around than getting the real bad guys. The TSA of yesterday is gone, like many of America's best, the people that made this country what it was are now gone, and I'm following their example myself. I don't want a part of this clown game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join