It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** MH370: “The possibility of intervention by a third party cannot be excluded.”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Indefinitely, and still able to be controlled by the pilots?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As long as they have fuel, and as long as the engine control system has power, then they can be controlled.
edit on 7/31/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Deetermined

The problem is that pretty much the entire government at the time has been charged with massive corruption. There's a lot about them "finding" those simulator files that stinks to high heaven when looked at in that light.

Can you elaborate on this a little bit?

Are you suggesting the simulator files may have been planted? That's certainly a possibility (knowing the Malaysians), but why, what motivation would they have? To cover their own ineptitude during the investigation, to give them a possible 'out'? That would seem pretty risky (although not entirely out of the question).

...unless they know something else and aren't telling (also a real possibility, and one I happen to subscribe to as well).

Not challenging your assertion (because I actually agree on the findings being suspicious), but just curious why you think this.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I thought there was a secret US radar/radio station in that area that picked up that flight in distress, the cockpit disintergrating?. I could be wrong but im sure i remember that..... Wasnt it also visually spotted flying low and on fire over a particular island?

I took a big interest in this very unusual saga, i really hope more comes to light.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

What I'm suggesting is that this was an inside job. This pilot, met his end, over water, south of the large river emptying into the sea from Bangladesh. The Co-pilot was either flying the jet or helping someone fly it, and he checked out somewhat later, but with less aplomb. The pilot died knowing that he did his duty, while the co-pilot died, with not so much duty under his belt.

Google shows at least two military airfields in the Southern flanks of the Himalayas, in northern India. Judging from those tell tale ACARS signals, I thought this plane went down in a snowfield, which is what let the radios keep pinging for a while. My Aussie collaborator dissed that, and then he got the second half of this caper. It finally went into the drink, a long way from Diego Garcia Islands, but still in the British Protectorate's waters. This is why flotsum is slowly making it to Sri Lanka, Reunion Island, and the East Coast of Africa. It went in, a lot farther to the West than any of the published searches.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
I thought there was a secret US radar/radio station in that area that picked up that flight in distress, the cockpit disintergrating?. I could be wrong but im sure i remember that..... Wasnt it also visually spotted flying low and on fire over a particular island?

I took a big interest in this very unusual saga, i really hope more comes to light.

I've never heard the radar/radio station story before. But there were people in the Maldives who swear they saw this plane passing overhead, flying low.

The Maldives are SE of India, which would be waaaaaay off the presumed last course into the southern Indian Ocean.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I linked this article later.

The government at the time was desperate to avoid any kind of scrutiny. And since they were part owner of the airline, they were facing a lot of deep scrutiny. The best way to avoid that is to give everyone another target to look at. Like the pilot.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Just before the plane disappeared, there was a security warning that terrorists were wanting to take down a plane using Lithium batteries. Then this plane had a cargo of Lithium batteries that wasn't security scanned as the pallet was too large for the scanner. There was that guy who said he saw plane on fire flying at a high altitude, and was fired from his job.

The article is here:
www.stuff.co.nz...

He made an internal email to his employers, but it was leaked by someone else. He got fired:

His coordinates were the "Songa Mercur" off Vung Tai

Lat: 08 22' 30.23" N
Long: 108 42' 22.26" E

The distance was 50-70 km along the compass bearing 260-275

edit on 31-7-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting.

Corruption is nothing new in Malaysia, much like many other countries. There's another issue too, and this is the issue of a cultural concept in SE Asia known as "saving face". It is endemic in Malaysian culture and it is very real. (I lived it for a couple years there). Personal accountability is almost non-existent. Essentially, it's okay to blame a 'thing', but never okay to blame a 'person' (at least not a Malaysian person). Well, that is...unless you happen to be a certain leader, then it's okay. There is more than a little irony here as you will see in a moment.

Here's some facts you may find interesting about the linked article though (and it really just illustrates corruption is nothing new...NOT disagreeing with you).

I find one glaring fault with the linked article though which makes me question the author's motivations, and this fault is illustrated here (from the article):

The true scale of the looting was disclosed only when Razak’s party was voted out of office early in May after more than 60 years in power. They were replaced by a coalition government led by 92-year-old Mahathir Mohamad who promised to clean up what appears to have been one of the world’s most avid kleptocracies.

This is pure spin, and completely inaccurate. It is a classic example of media manipulation. Here's why:

First of all Razak was only Prime Minister for 9 years (not 60 as the article would have some readers believe). And guess who was PM before him? None other than Mahathir Mohamad (or "Dr. M" as he was affectionately known), the very man Razak replaced 9 years before. Dr. M had been PM and leader of UMNO (effectively their political party) from 1981 to late 2003. UMNO (again, effectively equating to republican / democratic party) had enjoyed a strangle hold on Malaysian politics since Malaysia's declaration of Independence from Britain in 1957. The author conveniently neglects to point these important details out.

Dr. M had been a left leaning media favorite for nearly 4 decades in Malaysia. So it is the political party, UMNO, who the author is trying say was in power for 60+ years (2018 - 1957 = 61...or basically Independence until the present). And who was it who lead UMNO for 20+ years? (Hint: Dr. M) It just so happens that Dr. M switched parties to a relatively new political party in Malaysia created by himself known as PPBM prior to his RE-election as PM of Malaysia in 2018. And now UMNO are the corrupt ones. See the pattern here?

Ibrahim got sideways with Mahathir and he went to jail for sodomy and corruption. Razak got sideways with Mahathir and he went to jail for corruption. Again, see the pattern here?

Razak was corrupt, sure, and so was everyone before him...and after him. Just more of the same.

Bottom line: The MH370 investigation would have gone exactly the same way regardless who was at the helm in Malaysia.

Just thought you might find that interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is where they should look -

-38.951976, 102.853814 (38° 57' 7.1" S, 102° 51' 13.7" E)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a potentially interesting development;

" Investigators looking into the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have discovered a “mysterious 200lb load” added to the flight list after take-off, according to an engineer whose wife and two children were on board.
Ghyslain Wattrelos said the cargo was revealed in a report on the passengers and baggage by French investigators.
Mr Wattrelos, who believes the flight was deliberately downed, told Le Parisien newspaper: “It was also learned that a mysterious load of 89 kilos was added to the flight list after take-off. A container was also overloaded, without anyone knowing why. It may be incompetence or manipulation. Everything is possible. This will be part of the questions for the Malaysians.
MH370 became one of the world’s greatest aviation mysteries when it vanished with 239 people on board en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.
French investigators who examined flight data at Boeing’s headquarters in Seattle believe that the pilot was in control of the airliner “right up to the end”. "

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join