It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney - Iraq was "an important strategic interest."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Dick Cheney Interviewed on War, Dicks, Shooting Quayle and Water Boarding.

This was posted on the website Gumshoe News in recent days is seems.

Sacha Baron Cohen is a very successful British actor and comedian, known for his outrageous fictional characters, such as rapper Ali G, Borat Sagdiyev, and Brüno. Cohen’s modus operandi was to interact with unsuspecting people. Dee McLachlan of Gumshoe News; watched two episodes of “Who Is America?” and wrote the article at the link below.

If Iraq was "an important strategic interest" why were the Iraqi and the American people never told of Iraq's strategic interest? Did they not have a right to know? It sounds like the US had a very agenda when they invaded Iraq immediately after 911. Perhaps this may have been the reason for 911?

Gumshoe News Article

edit on 30-7-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There was a lot of money to be made (Blackwater, Oil companies and by many more) and none of that would have looked good to a mom who just lost her big boy in some war over there.

So, no this info was not meant for the sheeple to go fighting.

It would have discouraged them, would have made the government lose the next elections, would have stirred up questions about public-private-partnerships in wartimes etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

If Iraq was "an important strategic interest" why were the Iraqi and the American people never told of Iraq's strategic interest?

Most people knew. If it wasn't that way, we wouldn't collectively be spending so much money and lives in the ME. They've got oil, but we can't have it becoming a Russian sphere of influence hence the 'strategic interest.' They've got ports and act like buffers between West and Russia (nee Soviet Russia). Before anyone hops in to defend Russia, they also see the ME and Iraq as having strategic importance which is how the Mujahadeen arose and eventually butterfly-clapped into 9/11, endless conflicts in the ME and the frosty new Cold War.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Let’s not forget about the strategic importance of the poppy fields in Afghanistan.

I thought China was the real threat these days anyway?

Anything to keep the military industrial complex grinding along I suppose

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

If Iraq was "an important strategic interest" why were the Iraqi and the American people never told of Iraq's strategic interest?

Most people knew. If it wasn't that way, we wouldn't collectively be spending so much money and lives in the ME. They've got oil, but we can't have it becoming a Russian sphere of influence hence the 'strategic interest.' They've got ports and act like buffers between West and Russia (nee Soviet Russia). Before anyone hops in to defend Russia, they also see the ME and Iraq as having strategic importance which is how the Mujahadeen arose and eventually butterfly-clapped into 9/11, endless conflicts in the ME and the frosty new Cold War.

So the US gives itself the right to go into a country and slaughter a great many of the population just so they can have it for themselves? Who or what gives them that right?

Sounds like you would do that to my country also if we were to say no. I definitely don't regard the US government as a friend of my country or as a friend of mine for that matter.

Sounds like the US represents tyranny to me.

Perhaps that's why you are supporting them on here, so they can see your loyalty on display a? Seems I can dismiss views like yours because they are only coming from someone who is too afraid to say what they really think.

cheers.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Russia could gain a lot of power by controlling Middle Eastern oil, until it dries up at least. It's dangerous to not go into countries and fight wars.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

So the US gives itself the right to go into a country and slaughter a great many of the population just so they can have it for themselves? Who or what gives them that right?

Is you country a terrorist country that attacked the US and caused the death of thousands of US citizens ?
If not , you ain't got one dang thing to worry about.
No one has to give the US the right in the case like the above.
Get over yourself

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Is you country a terrorist country that attacked the US and caused the death of thousands of US citizens ?
Get over yourself

Excellent point. That's why we're at war with Saudi Arabia, you know where most of those terrorists came form and one of the governments that funded it. /s

Iraq had nothing to do with it, neither did Yemen, Syria, or Libya.

Get over yourself.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Gothmog

Get over yourself

Excellent point. That's why we're at war with Saudi Arabia, you know where most of those terrorists came form and one of the governments that funded it. /s

Iraq had nothing to do with it, neither did Yemen, Syria, or Libya.

Get over yourself.

What is this ?
I don't recognize you as the person I replied to .
But , since you just happened to want to jump in and show ignorance...
Are you sure Saudi Arabia did ?
Seems like old Bin Laden was kicked plumb outta Saudi Arabia
Fled to Afghanistan
Then had training facilities in Iraq
And Iraq was a very different situation.
Wasn't like old Hussein wasn't warned to cool his sh__ and quit eradicating the Kurds with WMDs and other matters
Even went as far as invading the sovereign nation of Kuwait.
Thought he could pop of some scuds at Saudi Arabia and Israel also
"Momma always said , stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump
Paid a price for his ignorant behavior , huh ?
So did Osama.

Now , what were you saying ?
I usually have a case of selective amnesia when ignorance comes my way.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The Saudi government still says it had no connection to the hijackers. Newly released classified information proves otherwise.

As it turns out, there are 29 pages, not 28, numbered 415 through 443 in the congressional inquiry into the 9/11 attacks. And deletions on the pages — sometimes words, often whole lines — add up to the equivalent of a total of three pages. So we still are not being given the full story.

Page 415: “While in the United States, some of the September 11 hijackers were in contact with, and received support and assistance from, individuals who may be connected to the Saudi Government.… [A]t least two of those individuals were alleged by some to be Saudi intelligence officers.”

One of the individuals identified in the pages as a financial supporter of two of the 9/11 hijackers, Osama Bassnan, later received a “significant amount of cash” from “a member of the Saudi Royal Family”

Page 421: “a [deleted], dated July 2, 2002, [indicates] ‘incontrovertible evidence that there is support for these terrorists inside the Saudi Government.’” Page 426: Bassnan’s wife was receiving money “from Princess Haifa Bint Sultan,” the wife of the Saudi ambassador. (Her correct name is actually Princess Haifa bint Faisal.)

Source

Are you sure Saudi Arabia did ? Seems like old Bin Laden was kicked plumb outta Saudi Arabia Fled to Afghanistan Then had training facilities in Iraq

I never heard that Iraq had Al Qaeda bases pre 2001, I also just googled it and found no such information pointing to that. Care to provide? Even if they did, Saudi Arabia clearly had more evidence against them being directly connected.

Kurds with WMDs and other matters
We never found WMD's. While I know he had previously used them, that was long ago.

Now , what were you saying ? I usually have a case of selective amnesia when ignorance comes my way.

What were you saying? You usually have a case of confirmation bias when someone brings up inconvenient facts that differ from your narrative?

Jesting aside, the failed war of Iraq has estimates of one million plus dead. Between the war itself, and the vacuum it created resulting in ISIS, untold scores are dead. While you may be OK with that, Iraq had not provoked us or our allies post Gulf war. It was an unneeded and costly war that ended up becoming a worse problem because we engaged with it.

One million dead dude. Think about that.

edit on 30-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Strange days, Dick Cheney the war criminal seems to be having an attempt at trolling

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Then he's got a lot of company.

The Iraq Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107–243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Sacha Baron Cohen is a very successful British actor and comedian,

If people want real NEWS stop listening to jacksnips like Sacha.
edit on 30-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Then he's got a lot of company.

I think there is a big difference between between people being for it in the wake of the deadliest on US soil, and still standing by it after we learned they didn't have WMD's (the whole reason we went).

Even Trump now says it was a snafu, would you agree with him?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

we learned they didn't have WMD's (the whole reason we went).

That was a left wing lie for effs sake.

Read the Iraq War resolution I linked.

There was no single reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, there is lot of war criminals over there

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: CriticalStinker

we learned they didn't have WMD's (the whole reason we went).

That was a left wing lie for effs sake.

Read the Iraq War resolution I linked.

There was no single reason.

Fair enough, there were many reasons listed, but the American people were constantly sold the WMD side.

That said, most politicians and citizens recognize that it was a blunder.

So I do find it odd Cheney is still acting like it was a positive decision.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Perhaps that's why you are supporting them on here, so they can see your loyalty on display a? Seems I can dismiss views like yours because they are only coming from someone who is too afraid to say what they really think.

What the f***?! What loyalty? It was an objective statement of fact. We funded the Mujhadeen to fight the Soviets and created the circumstances that led to Islamic State. It's been endless war ever since WW2.

This is what makes ATS so great. A person gets all wound up over something that wasn't said. Just because you didn't have a clue about international events doesn't mean it wasn't common knowledge to the rest.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

What the f***?! What loyalty? It was an objective statement of fact. We funded the Mujhadeen to fight the Soviets and created the circumstances that led to Islamic State. It's been endless war ever since WW2.

Don't forget the fact that France and Britain drew the lines in the Middle East... Woof.

Haha, that said, I never got the impression you were sugarcoating anything or defending anyone.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That we as the Peshwar Seven.

SEVEN Countries including China, and Pakistan.

And the Tehran Eight.
edit on 30-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Seriously doubt Cheney was ever the brains behind the operation. He was just a mouth. As probably most presidents have been. Certainly GWB was either a REALLY good actor or a complete goof. Same with Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join